New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Fortune One still alive...  (Read 8577 times)

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Fortune One still alive...
« on: August 24, 2014, 10:23:37 PM »
It's nice to flip this on, after a few months and get a working machine. Other than my minor CRT issue, it still works...taking my money... sometimes giving me money.  :applause:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: Fortune One still alive...
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 10:30:59 PM »
CRT issue?

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 11:03:18 PM »
It doesn't stretch enough to fill the screen. I've tried adjusting the vertical height and it won't "reach." I can make the background black and it looks nearly perfect but that's just masking out the problem. I'm not experienced at all the CRT's though.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 06:06:16 AM »
If you don't want to mess with it a TV repair shop could probably knock it out quite easily. Voltage measurements on the legs of the vertical output would probably lead right to the problem. Low input, bad cap or resistor. Low output, bad regulator. There's other possibilities but these are the likely culprits. You'd need a schematic or the vertical output chip specs to see what input and output voltages are supposed to be

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 05:11:24 PM »
I don't even know where to go around here for a TV repair shop... I guess I an look on the internet but I'm afraid it would be too costly. I know there's a link somewhere on the old site for a place that repairs monitors.
Heck if it wasn't hard... I'd buy a cap kit and do it myself but it may be more that that?
Are monitors "plug and play" to a certain degree? I mean... could I wire in the connector from my old one to a working one and just shove it in? Or would I have to also wire in the controls for color, hue, contrast, brightness?

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 06:32:50 PM »
My experience is with TV so I can't be much help to answer your questions. I know on the old site there was talk of different types of video input used by different companies so just swapping plugs may not work. It's not like home electronics that are basically idiot proof where the cable, a/v or HDMI plug is the same on all brands. Hopefully someone with the right info will chime in and teach us both, lol!

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 09:47:31 AM »
My experience is with TV so I can't be much help to answer your questions. I know on the old site there was talk of different types of video input used by different companies so just swapping plugs may not work. It's not like home electronics that are basically idiot proof where the cable, a/v or HDMI plug is the same on all brands. Hopefully someone with the right info will chime in and teach us both, lol!

I must be losing my mind. I found my my old thread on this... and you were there! It all came back to me now. We've "resolved" this before, but not really.  :rotfl:
Have a look...
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=17409.0

Ahhh I miss some of those people on the old site.

I added one more picture... just a close up showing missing "blocks" of color. Not sure what that means.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 02:39:54 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 06:19:39 PM »
I added one more picture... just a close up showing missing "blocks" of color. Not sure what that means.

I think that's a typical Fortune I display for the credits and coin-in stuff -- I don't think there's anything wrong.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline coorslight115

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • coorslight115 Hides in shadows.
  • NLG
    • tim@jjslots.com
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2014, 08:01:45 PM »
It's nice to flip this on, after a few months and get a working machine. Other than my minor CRT issue, it still works...taking my money... sometimes giving me money.  :applause:

Got a nice one of these I am parting out and scraping. Monitor gone, but everything else there and in great shape. make me an offer for what you want or pick whole thing up in 21093 zip code

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2014, 08:47:05 PM »

Got a nice one of these I am parting out and scraping. Monitor gone, but everything else there and in great shape. make me an offer for what you want or pick whole thing up in 21093 zip code

I might be interested in the MPU and I/O. Possiblie the deck button assembly and coin tray too.. I just parted out one a few weeks back myself.

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline coorslight115

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • coorslight115 Hides in shadows.
  • NLG
    • tim@jjslots.com
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2014, 03:54:35 PM »
Make an offer

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2014, 09:32:46 AM »
How's $40.00 for parts listed?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 07:27:38 PM »
I think that's a typical Fortune I display for the credits and coin-in stuff -- I don't think there's anything wrong.

Sorry I just noticed your response! It's the medication, really it is. 
If I make the screen black, it covers out the missing area, but when it's blue, it drops an entire section of screen on the lower part. And when I first turn it on, the cards are "squishier." After a few minutes, they get bigger! When I first bought the machine, the cards were larger... then one day after I moved the machine, this cropped up. There's a thread on this on the old site and I just left it alone. BUT... the darn thing keeps working and I'd like to get it back to 100% if it's possible to do... cheaply. I wish I had more knowledge of CRT's.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2014, 07:49:07 PM »
do you know what chassis your machine has? Is it one of the RGB chassis?

Gary
And remember...

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2014, 04:35:45 PM »
do you know what chassis your machine has? Is it one of the RGB chassis?

Gary

I'm not sure what you mean. The CRT chassis or the slot chassis?

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2014, 04:56:42 PM »
Sorry.. When I refer to the chassis, I'm thinking the power supply. You then have the CRT or monitor.

Gary
And remember...

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2014, 06:06:33 PM »
If I make the screen black, it covers out the missing area, but when it's blue, it drops an entire section of screen on the lower part.

Let me try to be more clear:

I believe that the Fortune I uses a black background for the number characters used for coin-in and credits.  If you use a black background on the screen, it blends right in.  If you use a blue background, you can see the defined black background of the characters (including the blank characters used to the left of the the credits).
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2014, 11:42:09 PM »
Well it does look better with black but I still think there's something wrong with the CRT... I just don' t know exactly what.
But I heard, from a post waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back on the old site, that the blue was the "proper" background.
I'm not sure though...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2014, 12:01:56 AM »
I've actually gone and replaced the 3 adjusting pots with resistors. I got tired of the screen color wanting to flicker and change colors. I have mine setup with the blue back round. I do this to all Fortune 1 boards I get. I think it looks good, but that me...
And remember...

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2014, 12:17:48 AM »
Okay I poured another glass of wine...  :drinking_wine:
The problem with the back background is that I lose my pink color on card #3 and it just looks red, like #1.
When it's blue, the card color is defined properly.

That NLG tag on the photos is too big!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal