New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Member's Pets  (Read 56593 times)

Offline Tacman

• Genius in training
  • NLG Downloads, and FAQ Writer
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Member's Pets
« on: February 26, 2014, 09:41:23 PM »
Well, as all pet owners know in the back of their mind, the day will come to say goodbye. Sunday was such a day for me. I had to say goodbye to Sable, my female Akita that I have had from 6 weeks old. My wife called me at work and said Sable had thrown up her food and just couldn't seem to get comfortable. When I got home, I noticed she was lethargic and dry heaving, so we rushed her to the emergency vet. After an exam and x-rays, it was as I feared, bloat, her stomach had twisted inside. My girl never complained once in her life, no yelps of pain, but she was whining on the gurney and that was even after they gave her pain medication and eleviated the gas buildup in her stomach. I had hoped for her to pass in her sleep, comfortably, because with her being such a loving part of the family, she had earned that in my book. Alas, it was not to be. Knowing her age and declining health, I made the decision all owners dread, I would have to make her pain go away the only way possible. My wife and daughter, with whom she grew up with were there as well. We gave her comfort and love and as I stroked her head and whispered loving statements, I saw her light fade away as the doctor gave her the injection. The take charge man I was turned into a babbling infant the second she was gone. I would be remiss not to say how great a member of the family she was and her instinct, intuition, calmness and unconditional love was a joy to experience. My Sable girl, I miss you and will always love you. With all my heart I hope we will see each other again when the time comes.

Daddy (tacman)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 07:15:50 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline Ron (r273)

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
Re: Member's Pets
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 07:45:23 AM »
That story touched my heart. :sorry:    We too will be going thru this same thing with our sweet Muffy. She is now 13, diabetic with two shots a day, almost completely blind, skin allergies (scratches a lot no matter what you use on her), eye allergies, eyes are itchy a lot  (we  use Bausch + Loms  doggy eye drops). Has had 2 bouts of pancreidas. In spite of all this she still gets around the whole house, eats well, (but has to be hand feed sometimes so she can get her shots on time) goes outside when it's time. She knows everyone by smell. She sits up a begs for treats when she knows it's someone not living here. I know she has no real life but we can not let her go, not yet. :no:

Ron (r273)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 07:20:49 AM by Ron (r273) »
I'm retired....My job is having a good time with my slots.   Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 04:21:42 PM »
I know the feeling as I lost my Red Girl  last May after 11 years.
I still have her four legged sole mate (Blondie) and he is getting
spoiled rotten in his old age.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 02:09:53 PM by Proten »
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline Tmmybahama

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Tmmybahama New User has no influence.
  • Pic of wife; best bet I ever placed for life!
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 12:55:13 AM »
I have two dogs... A Stafford Shire Terrier (English Pit Bull), which has smaller head than the American Pit, but MUCH larger body to head proportion.....  Her name is ROXY, and is a beautiful brindle color.. Her step brother, is BRUTUS, who joined our family 3 years ago when my wife's brother couldnt keep the dog at his new place we were happy to bring him in... Both of them are 7 years old (not sure on Brutus exactly, but Doctor's at the Vet think so)

“Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Gambling is a way of buying hope on credit."

Offline Tmmybahama

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 12:58:14 AM »
Well, as all pet owners know in the back of their mind, the day will come to say goodbye. Sunday was such a day for me. I had to say goodbye to Sable, my female Akita that I have had from 6 weeks old. My wife called me at work and said Sable had thrown up her food and just couldn't seem to get comfortable. When I got home, I noticed she was lethargic and dry heaving, so we rushed her to the emergency vet. After an exam and x-rays, it was as I feared, bloat, her stomach had twisted inside. My girl never complained once in her life, no yelps of pain, but she was whining on the gurney and that was even after they gave her pain medication and eleviated the gas buildup in her stomach. I had hoped for her to pass in her sleep, comfortably, because with her being such a loving part of the family, she had earned that in my book. Alas, it was not to be. Knowing her age and declining health, I made the decision all owners dread, I would have to make her pain go away the only way possible. My wife and daughter, with whom she grew up with were there as well. We gave her comfort and love and as I stroked her head and whispered loving statements, I saw her light fade away as the doctor gave her the injection. The take charge man I was turned into a babbling infant the second she was gone. I would be remiss not to say how great a member of the family she was and her instinct, intuition, calmness and unconditional love was a joy to experience. My Sable girl, I miss you and will always love you. With all my heart I hope we will see each other again when the time comes.

Daddy (tacman)

Sorry about the passing of your dog Sable.....  What a beautiful dog!  God works in mysterious ways, and when its time, its time....  I feel your pain, for I too, have had to let a few of my "best friends" move on into the afterlife... God bless...

“Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Tmmybahama

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 01:55:00 AM »
Nobody else has pictures of their pets>???  Really???  Anyone have a pet who PLAYS SLOTS????

Offline LINDAM

• Moderator: Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...
  • When you run out of Quarters...You're done!
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2014, 04:56:11 AM »
Thank God she only plays at home.
If it ain't broke.....Stop trying to fix it.

Offline scratchee35

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • scratchee35 Is working their way up.scratchee35 Is working their way up.scratchee35 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2014, 05:55:27 AM »
this is Bentley...i had to let him go in march of this year...even for a cat, he touched my heart, which really struck me as odd, mostly because i am a dog lover...my last dog i had to let go was Honey..she was 17...just like a daughter i swear!!! now all i have is Hans...not sure how im going to handle it when it comes his time...im thinking about getting him a brother or sister for company but...

i came home from working 3rd shift one day...saw a flashing light thru the curtains, and wondered what happened

anyways...am very sorry for everyone who looses a companion...its very painful but thankfully we have pictures and our minds!!!

Steve

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2014, 06:34:30 AM »
This is Abby and Jenny. Abby is 6 and Jenny is 8 mos. Two of the most loyal companions a person could ever hope to have.
Jenny has the green eye in the first picture. Still growing and already 3" taller, 5# heavier than Abby

Offline Ron (r273)

• Topic Moderator
  • Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 01:00:50 PM »
Today is a sad day for our household. Our sweet Muffy had to be put to rest today. After 13 years this month our sweet Muffy just gave up. She had many medical problems including being diabetic for 8 years along with pancreititis twice. She had a good life as we brought her back from certain death at least 5 times. When she quit eating, even with hand feedings, that was her way of telling us she wanted to let go this time. She will always be in our hearts. :'(
I'm retired....My job is having a good time with my slots.   Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Tacman

• Genius in training
  • Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 01:56:56 PM »
Ron, I'm sorry to hear about Muffy. There isn't much one can say to alleviate your pain, but just reflect on the love you guys shared over those wonderful 13 years. Take care.

Dan (tacman)

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2014, 02:40:55 PM »
Ron, so sorry for your loss. I'm sure she had the best life a dog (or person probably) could have hoped for

Offline JOHN42355

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • JOHN42355 New User has no influence.
  • RudysDeals.com Inc.
    • rudysdeals.com Inc.
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2014, 03:10:50 PM »
OH MY GOD Ron. I am so upset about Muffy . That was Rudys Best Friend. I feel the hurt and loss. My Prayers are with you. Its feels like I lost Rudy again. I know how that hurts of loosing a Best friend .. I am so sorry to here this news. Rest in Peace  Muffy. You are with Rudy.. My Thoughts and condolences are with you and your Family Ron. John

Offline scratchee35

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • scratchee35 Is working their way up.scratchee35 Is working their way up.scratchee35 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2014, 07:18:43 AM »
Awww this is so sad...such a loss...seriously brings tears to my eyes...i feel so sorry for your loss, as it brings back the pain of me losing mine...Muffy looks so cute...i know its hard, but remember the last 13 years of fun and joy that she gave you and your family...be a peace that she is no longer hurting and at the perfect rest

Steve

Offline slots-4-u

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • slots-4-u Is working their way up.slots-4-u Is working their way up.slots-4-u Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2014, 07:26:09 PM »
I lost my best friend Shadow. On Thursday night went to bed & he was OK. Got up in morning & he was on floor @ foot of my bed. He passed during the night. One good thing is he didn't suffer. He had no health problems. Think he had a heart attack. I know how you all feel to lose your pet. IT HURTS.
Ford

Offline Tacman

• Genius in training
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2014, 07:36:03 PM »
Ford, my condolences for your loss. Yes, losing a loving pet hurts, but upon reflection of the years of love and devotion they give us, I would endure the pain rather than not experience the joy they bring us. Take care.

Dan (tacman)

Offline Ron (r273)

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2014, 06:08:58 AM »
Thinking of you Ford and your family's great loss.  :sorry:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 07:32:17 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline cyenergy

• Reputation Power: 7
  • cyenergy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2015, 09:19:43 PM »
Most Slot Tech's have lap dogs why is that I have a mini schnauzer
26 year Union Slot Tech.

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2015, 06:15:00 PM »
Ours..... Yes if you can count them there are 8. We also have 4 Manx cats. Dogs: Scooter, Holly, Zoey, Chloe, Betsy, Rusty, Teddy and Tucker. Cats: Bindi, Bonnie, Max and Bob. Breakfast around here is insane! But they are all our kids.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2015, 07:58:22 AM »
Wolf Run, Winter Wolf, Wild Huskies, she's my husky. This picture is from I movie I did on my spare time called JU-F-O. Her name is Juno and she has a blue and brown eye.
-------
Charles

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal