New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Looking for someone with reapair knowlage of 70s era Wurlitzer jukes  (Read 11158 times)

Offline br549autosales

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
I am working on a 1977 Wurlitzer X5 jukebox and am having some sound and selection issues. The sound is only @ 50% at full volume and it will only select 25 or so songs, the rest of them the record carousel just continues to spin but will not select and play the record. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Offline LINDAM

• Moderator: Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...
  • When you run out of Quarters...You're done!
Re: Looking for someone with reapair knowlage of 70s era Wurlitzer jukes
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 04:21:52 PM »
Steve is pretty much in the know when it comes to Juke boxes.

Lindsay
If it ain't broke.....Stop trying to fix it.

Offline br549autosales

• br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 04:36:42 PM »
slotsteve?

Offline LINDAM

• Moderator: Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...
  • When you run out of Quarters...You're done!
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 04:44:56 PM »
He du man.
If it ain't broke.....Stop trying to fix it.

Offline br549autosales

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 05:09:15 PM »
Thanks, I'll give him a shout

Offline buybestslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 05:10:32 AM »
if it was a 70,s rock, seebreg or rowe   I could help  I know sh t about wurlitzers  ,  I have 3 here I can  not get going  they were winter project that like a lot of other stuff got pushed to back burner, we been very busy since oct
sorry
steve

Offline br549autosales

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 06:19:18 AM »
Well I do have a Rock Ola 483 that I need some advice on, are you familiar with that model?

Thanks,

David

Offline buybestslots

• buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 10:23:08 AM »
whats it not doing?

Offline br549autosales

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 10:34:42 AM »
 :Please_Post_Pictures_2:

It will not attempt to select a record, the carousel will not turn. I can manually turn the motor on the bottom of the carousel and it will turn/spin. There is another motor, I'm guessing that may be for the control arm, that I can turn a few revolutions but it gets in a bind and will not go any further. I can take pictures of the area of the motor that won't turn all the way and post them if that helps any.

Thanks,

David

Offline buybestslots

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2014, 10:46:03 AM »
1st make sure there nothing jammed  in record rack . those motors should be on with 3 screws or blots I would drop them down and see if they turn  when they have nothing  to turn  , those motors jammed a lot if units where sitting a while,   there is a small opening held by 1 screw  that you can open on motor  to see inside make sure no rust in there , the motor that movers record gripper  might not work if tone arm  or gripper is jammed but same deal drop it down and try by hand

Offline br549autosales

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2014, 02:04:34 PM »
I took the motor with 3 10mm bolts loose and dropped it away from the gears and it turns just fine. The record gripper is in the over the carousel position, the tone arm is is in the non playing position and appears to be locked into that position. The turntable is turning as if there was a record on it. What controls the gripper arm and or the tone arm? I did not see a motor that turns either one of them unless I'm overlooking it.

Offline buybestslots

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2014, 02:38:26 PM »
should be a 2nd motor like the one for record  rack , but 2nd motor works gripper and tone arm , if its missing  that could be your trouble

Offline br549autosales

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2014, 02:48:15 PM »
I am seeing 2 motors total, 1 for the carousel and the other I believe is for the tone arm and gripper, that particular motor is the one that han the 2 bolts and I took it loose and it is turning fine but when it is engaged with the gears/spindles that (from what I can tell) that operate the gear shaft that operates the gripper and tone arm, it binds up. So it looks like the gear shaft is what is locked up, I inspected it pretty good but don't see anything that could be causing it to bind up and not move

Offline buybestslots

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2014, 05:13:41 PM »
out of gripper comes a wedge like part that grips the record make sure that if free

Offline br549autosales

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2014, 06:20:42 AM »
That part seems to be fine. All I guess I can do now is to remove the gripper assembly from the jukebox and see what's got it in a bind by removing piece by piece to see where the problem is. I'm not sure if this is the correct picture of the parts list for this model, but it looks pretty close.

Offline buybestslots

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2014, 06:26:27 AM »
you did drop gripper motor, and there js still no movement

Offline br549autosales

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2014, 07:12:28 AM »
drpped the gripper motor and it spins fine as does the carousel motor. The gripper arm is just above the carousel and with the motor dropped i can only manually lift it 3/4" or so, the gears won't move any further than that to allow it to come up and over to where it would place the record on the turntable. The tone arm is all the way towards the rear of the jukebox and it won't move either.

Offline br549autosales

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2014, 07:15:59 AM »
I see nothin externally that could be causing the gripper assembly to be binding up so I'm guessing it has to be internal?

Offline buybestslots

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2014, 07:34:10 AM »
try lifting tone arm off the pin its on  it should only be 1 inch or so from edge of record on turntable  , sounds like tone arm is in wrong spot   send me a pic  to buybest@aol.com , if tone arm is on wrong side of tonearm cam everything will jam

Offline br549autosales

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2014, 08:00:34 AM »
pics sent, thanks!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal