New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Looking for info on Pace 8 Star Nickel Slot Machine  (Read 628 times)

Offline indianaguy

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • indianaguy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Looking for info on Pace 8 Star Nickel Slot Machine
« on: November 29, 2023, 09:17:08 AM »
Hi, excuse me if I'm not posting this in the right place. I recently acquired a Pace 8 Star slot machine that works, however I don't have the key to open up the back. Could I be lucky enough to find a key? Do I need to drill it out? Just kind of wondering if it's worth fixing up. It's super cool, my father-in-law wanted to buy it! I honestly have no idea how much it's worth, ebay doesn't tell me much. I guess I'm just wondering what it might be worth? Without seeing the guts it might be hard to determine, probably original. Just looking for any advice on what to do. Sell as is, if it's not that great of a slot machine? Or this is awesome, and maybe investing money into the back will bring up the value? Sorry I'm rambling here, any help is appreciated!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 09:30:11 AM by a69mopar »

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
Re: Looking for info on Pace 8 Star Nickel Slot Machine
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2023, 09:32:36 AM »
Welcome to the site.  I moved your post to the appropriate topic. I also rotated your picture . Nice machine. Hopefully someone can help with the key. A picture of the rear lock area may help also

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline indianaguy

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2023, 10:59:47 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply Wayne, I appreciate it. Thanks for rotating the picture as well! I'll try to get a picture of the back, I don't even want to admit how long it took me to upload that picture. Not very tech savy here to say the least. Yeah I guess I'm just looking to get into the thing, would love to see the "guts" in action. I appreciate the help, thanks again!

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2023, 11:03:00 AM »
Welcome to the forum!
Can you please post a shot of the back, showing the lock?

You should keep it! It's a wonderful piece of history. I'll have another more knowledgable member chime in soon.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2023, 02:03:50 PM »
 indianaguy,

Welcome to the forum.  That is a nice Pace machine.  I would try to keep it if I were you.  You did not state if it plays and pays.  Regarding the lock, please post a photo showing the back door lock as shortrackskater suggested.  Most of us agree that drilling is a last resort.  I think we are gluten for punishment and enjoy the challenge of lock picking.

As for price.  It always varies a bit.  But I know of one that sold yesterday at auction in PA for $1,150.00.

Offline indianaguy

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2023, 02:47:28 PM »
$1,150! Wow, that's crazy. Thank you for letting me know. Yes I have thought about picking the lock, but I honestly don't know if I have ever tried to pick a lock that size, so I'm sure I would be horrible at it. I've attached a picture of the back. My father-in-law played it for about 10 pulls one day and it payed out what it should. The only problem is the coin holder looks to be getting pretty full. Not sure how many more nickels I could put in before it was totally full. Thanks for all the fast replies, I really appreciate it. I'll attach a picture of the back.

Offline indianaguy

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2023, 02:48:14 PM »
Here's a close up of the lock.

Offline a69mopar

• a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2023, 03:03:11 PM »
if you can't pick the lock, your local locksmith should be able to open it quickly as well as rekey or supply a new lock also.  When I was in public school, the custodian was a locksmith. He showed me how quickly he could open a wafer lock and rekey it. Used a lock turner and pick tool.

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2023, 03:06:04 PM »
Let 63mini made a reply to this as well, but it appears to be an original lock.
I'd strongly suggest to try picking it. I learned lock picking on YouTube and, after some practice, I can pick a LOT of locks now. But Ed will know more details on this particular lock. Original locks add more value to your machine, and those locks alone can sell from $70 to a few hundred dollars depending on scarcity.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline indianaguy

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2023, 03:08:13 PM »
Thanks Wayne, I'll see if I can find a guy around here, I'm sure it would be no problem for someone who knows what they are doing. I hate to drill it out because it looks original, or at least has some age to it. New locks just will probably ruin the look. Thanks again guys!

Offline indianaguy

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2023, 03:10:51 PM »
Ok, thank you shortrackskater for the fast replies. I would love to learn to pick a lock, sounds fun, and I need something to keep me busy this winter. Of course, the answer is always waiting on youtube.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2023, 03:15:46 PM »
Ok, thank you shortrackskater for the fast replies. I would love to learn to pick a lock, sounds fun, and I need something to keep me busy this winter. Of course, the answer is always waiting on youtube.

Sending you some links. Check your PM's.

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2023, 05:50:25 PM »
 Honestly, I cannot say for certain if it's an original machine lock.  I am leaning towards it's a replacement.  There are no stamped marking on the face of the lock such as yale, corbin, ilco or others.  Also, if you zoom in on the photo the inside of the lock is too clean.  I would say try to pick it as it should be an easy one.  Sorry I couldn't be of better assistance on this one.

Offline a69mopar

• NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2023, 06:03:24 PM »
When you replace your wiper blades on your vehicle, check to see if the old ones have the stainless inserts in the rubber blade. These make good tools.

W

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal