New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 enhanced board no sound  (Read 4954 times)

Offline gposing

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • gposing New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S2000 enhanced board no sound
« on: April 16, 2014, 06:25:11 PM »
I have an S2000 with an enhanced board.  there is no sound and I know it has to do with the main board.  I have swapped everything out with a working board.  Does anyone know what may need to be replaced on the board to fix it?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 08:12:57 PM by cowboygames »

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: S2000 enhanced board no sound
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 07:55:51 PM »
Absolutely no sound? Or just no sound from the sound simm? If it's just missing from the sound simm, does your legacy adapter board have a DSPL0002 in the DSP socket? Have you swapped a working board into the machine to know that the amp board is working?

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 03:08:34 PM »
strange glitch made my post go in the wrong window sorry.

on the same page as this tho i have been keeping track of enhanced board problems i would like to know if you ever got it figured out.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 05:29:26 PM »
Gary, I've had this happen once on an enhanced MPU. Would work sometimes & & other times no sound. Never figured it out, replaced the board. I've had sound problems on a 504 board as well & recently found a fix for it. Replaced IC @ U66 (YM2413B). It's not easy to remove (18 pins) but you can snip the plastic away & leave just the pins soldered. Then heat them on at time & remove. Found the IC on ebay cheap but it takes a couple weeks to get them from Hong Kong. You can take it one step further by soldering a dip socket into the board so the chip is easily replaceable in the future. If you figure out the fix for enhanced board, please share.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/280925776191?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline gposing

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 07:17:08 PM »
I ordered a new DSP chip today.  Going to try that first.  Will post my results.

• Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 09:42:26 AM »
enhanced MPU is mostly surface mount not through hole. and to make things worse a lot of the components are cplds so unless you can get the image that needs to be flashed to it, and solder a 40 or more pin surface mount chip diy repairs on an enhanced mpu is pointless.

so far i have found that the cplds that controls the tell tale, SENET, and the main bus controller die frequently.

i have had so many enhanced mpus die on my i avoid them when at all possible.

Offline gposing

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 09:58:00 AM »
Others swear by the enhanced boards.  I'm don't have a favorite yet.

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 10:37:09 AM »
they have a lot of benefits and some games require them. but in my experience they are very unstable. i think a lot of it also has to deal with what version enhanced board you have.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 07:13:41 PM »
they have a lot of benefits and some games require them. but in my experience they are very unstable. i think a lot of it also has to deal with what version enhanced board you have.
I ---- :agreepost: .  This is correct. Depends on application,needs,etc.  My opinion of these is Good.  (enhanced boards and what they were designed to do).

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 08:51:32 PM »
on the topic of the dsp chip i got a few canadian machines in that have a dspl chip in the kit, but they are not enhanced machines does a none enhanced machine have a place for it?

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2014, 04:43:25 AM »
No, unless you are using a legacy adapter board on a 1270 enhansed board you don't need it. None of the 500 series board use them. Couldn't tell you if the I games or game kings do as I don't have any of those

Offline gposing

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2014, 07:41:14 PM »
New dspl chip fixed the audio.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2014, 07:48:56 PM »
NO display chip installed will result--------In no sound.   

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal