New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WMS Jackpot Party  (Read 2954 times)

Offline tjzoolu

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • tjzoolu New User has no influence.
  • NLG
WMS Jackpot Party
« on: July 04, 2016, 08:43:44 PM »
Does anyone know of someone that converts the bottom power supply to the CPU supply? And, no, I can't do it myself! My husband is legally blind & I don't know how to solder. :(
Any help being pointed in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Or if anyone out there has a ps for sale. Really don't want to go that direction as it looks like it will be an ongoing problem, but might have no choice.  Thanks!

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: WMS Jackpot Party
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 09:38:48 PM »
Do you mean convert your old bottom (lower) power supply, you ship it to them and they update it with a new circuit board inside? There are replacement power supply boards for the lower power supply assembly that are more reliable than the original design.

Or do you mean they come to your house and convert your machine to the more reliable ATX computer power supply mod that a lot of owners do themselves when the lower power supply goes bad?

Not sure what you are asking about to get done? Don't post your specific address but if you can say what city you live in there may be an NLG member nearby that could help.

Welcome to NLG!   :wave:
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline tjzoolu

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 11:14:13 PM »
Well, I meant to send it to them, I guess I never thought of them coming to me! I live in Iowa though, so I doubt there's anyone around here. My lower power supply is not working, so one way or another it needs to be replaced. From what I've been reading, it looks like most recommend "upgrading" to the ATX computer supply. Everyone says it's easy,but not for this gal!   And I'm having a hard time just locating a replacement for the old one.

Offline mustangjeep

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • mustangjeep New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 11:41:31 PM »
I know a lot of guys don't like world wide gaming, I've never bought anything from them personally so I can't tell ya from any experience.
The description is very vague on what it powers (just lower power supply or does it do the upper also???)
But this looks a lot like the supplement power supply I built for all of my 40x machines, I powered the upper and lower with the ones I built.

If you can't do it yourself then this might be the way to go.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/WMS-360-400-550-SUPPLEMENTAL-POWER-SUPPLY-200-WATT-/350802053047?nav=SEARCH

Good luck, that's a super fun game when running right.

Bud

Offline tollguy316

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • tollguy316 New User barely matters.tollguy316 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 04:59:28 AM »
If you'd like.. I have lower power supplies available..   Bill

Offline tjzoolu

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 06:46:21 AM »
Thanks Bob & Bill! Bill, I sent you a message. Thanks again for the help everyone!

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 06:49:59 AM »
I think the biggest knock on Worldwide Gaming is that some of the items they sell are overpriced by quite a bit compared to other sellers. But this criticism is from a group (us) that have some experience and ability to do repairs ourself. So sellers like Worldwide Gaming may be helpful in instances where people don't have other choices or ability to do some repairs themself. Their $95 power supply replacement is an ATX computer power supply that you can purchase typically for under $25 plus shipping elsewhere, but they do include the shipping and some extra cabling with connectors so maybe you don't have to do any wire splicing, which could be a big help in cases like this. (although in their ebay photos it looks like there is at least one loose wire that may need to be attached).

There are a few ways to repair your machine, others may have suggestions, here are some ideas:

1) Remove your old lower power supply unit (big gray box) and replace it with another identical one that someone has taken from a parted-out machine. These things are still available on the used parts market. This is a pretty easy repair but you'd be installing a used old style lower power supply that could fail at any time like the original one did. No one can really guarantee how long the replacement lower power supply will last since all of them were made back in the 1990's. Here is one place that sells used parts and they sometimes have these lower power supply units available. You can also click on their photo to see what is inside the gray power supply box to get an idea of what you'd be doing with method #2 below:

http://rudysdeals.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=3893&search=williams&page=2

2) Remove your old lower power supply box, take the cover off and replace the power supply circuit board that is inside, then reinstall into your machine. I think this is what Bill is referring to. There are 2 circuit boards inside the lower power supply, the one that usually fails can be removed and replaced. This takes a little work but there is no soldering or splicing of wires. Just screwdriver stuff, unplugging a few connectors to get the old board removed and then plugging them back in to the new board. These replacement power supply boards are said to be improved over the original boards.

3) Remove your old lower power supply box and send it to someone to do step 2 for you. This would involve a volunteer here helping out, I don't think that would be a problem, but you'd be paying shipping on the lower power supply both ways to and from the volunteer's house, plus getting the replacement power supply board shipped to him also. Since that gray power supply box is kinda big and somewhat heavy the shipping costs would add up.

4) If you feel up to it you could read thru the good write-ups on NLG about installing the ATX power supply yourself. You would need to cut and connect a few wires, using wire-nuts is the easiest way. After cutting the wires you remove about 1/2 inch or so of the wire insulation and twist the correct wires to each other with the wire-nut. The ATX power supply would sit in the back area of the machine behind the hopper, it's power cord gets plugged into one of the unused 115vac outlets on the side of the lower power supply. With this method you don't remove the old lower power supply, you disconnect some of the wires going to it on the big connector and connect the new ATX power supply to them.

We don't want to make any guy-assumptions about your mechanical or electrical abilities, but we all have wives or girlfriends (I think a few here may have both) and sisters. We see that some of our female friends are not so adept at some of this stuff. So you'll need to decide what is best for you. I think most everyone here will help as best they can but a lot depends on what you are able to do.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 02:10:02 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal