New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Alice Enchanted Mirror / Blue Screen of Death  (Read 12499 times)

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
Alice Enchanted Mirror / Blue Screen of Death
« on: September 07, 2016, 09:07:57 PM »
Hey guys,

So I'm running Alice Mad Tea Party multidenom just fine with the video that Charles made for the topbox.  Everything works great.

I also do the same thing for Alice Enchanted Mirror, but when I switch denominations, I get a blue screen of death.  Any ideas what could be causing this? 

Mississippi JUR chip
Latest BIOS
OS 13.37

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 10:58:14 PM by Yoeddy1 »

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Alice Enchanted Mirror / Blue Screen of Death
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 09:50:42 PM »
Denoms are setup as .01/.02/.05/.10

I was switching around denoms a bit.  Switched from .01 to .05...had a couple of bonuses, then tried to switch to .02 and it bombed out with a "Call Attendant".  I turned the key and received what is in the attached screenshot.

In order to get out of this, I have to power down the machine and power it back up.

Thoughts?

Jason
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 10:32:12 PM by Yoeddy1 »

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 09:56:16 PM »
Try the same setup by running the native second screening. Meaning you see the image sideways. Still happening?

What OS are you using?
-------
Charles

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 148
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 05:42:39 AM »
Why are you using that OS 16G2 with that game, switch back to 16A2 or 16BF and it should work. That newer OS is not stabile with some of the older games. There is no benefit to the home user using the newer OS.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline iramack

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 06:33:58 AM »
Jason,

I had the exact same thing happen on my game as well.  Just lower the OS down to the minimum (or thereabout) required and you will be good to go.  Seems it does not like mulit-denom set up with the super fast OS we have been using lately.
Intersetingly, my Gothel game does not have that issue at all................must be a later release more compatible with the super OS!!
Regards,

Steve

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 148
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 06:40:39 AM »
If you have it try 16CJ, it's super fast and more compatible with the older games.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 12:36:27 PM »
Yes, This OS works great, and you will have no problems with your OLED button panels.
If you have it try 16CJ, it's super fast and more compatible with the older games.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2016, 12:38:29 PM »
Will do some more detective work tonight!  Thanks a lot guys!

Jason

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2016, 04:22:59 PM »
Well darn.  I wiped and reloaded using CJ and it bombed out on me again.  What's left?  The game itself?  If so, where can I find the software version?  What version of game are you guys running?  :(

Steve, what is the OS version that you run with it?

Thanks,
Jason

Offline iramack

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2016, 04:35:33 PM »
Jason try OSSG1683 or 16B8 if you have one of those.

Steve

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2016, 04:48:41 PM »
does it do the same with the other Alice title?
-------
Charles

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2016, 05:09:13 PM »
My version of this game is  D5A0-000-1010

Turn JP key, diagnostics, machine info, program version info.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2016, 05:24:03 PM »
Charles, I've never had a problem with Mad Tea Party.

Jim, it looks like I'm running the same version of the game that you stated.  So that rules out the game.  Jim, do you run the video that Charles made for your top box or do you run standard with the Alice video running sideways on your top box?

Steve, I'll have to rifle around in my stash and see if I can find that version of the OS.  I don't think I have it though.

Thanks,
Jason

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2016, 05:28:10 PM »
Jason, I am using the video from Charles in the top box.
No Problem.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2016, 05:38:09 PM »
What the what???  I'm a whole lotta stumped now. 

Jim, same version of BIOS and Mississippi JUR too?  Which denoms do you have set?  TITO as well I assume?  OLED?  Anything disabled or enabled in advanced config during setup?

See screenshot for bios and jur info.

Jason

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2016, 05:51:53 PM »
Same Bios, Florida Seminole Jurisdiction.
1,2,3,5 denom. no tito, no oled.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2016, 07:15:10 PM »
Hmmm.  I'm starting to wonder if it's something with OLED and/or multidenom.  Seems to always happen when switching denoms.  When I get a Call Attendant, and the game locks up, the OLED button to the right of the collect button is the only one on and is yellow.  This game has never worked right, even before I had the OLED panel, so I wonder if it is a jurisdiction chip issue. 

Jim is running 16CJ, multidenom, with Charles' topbox video.

He is running a different JUR chip than I have and no TITO. 

I have coin in setup with 1$ tokens and split pay.  Machine pays 5$ in tokens and the rest on a ticket.

Steve, what's the config of your machine?

Thanks,
Jason

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2016, 09:15:34 PM »
Tried Charles' suggestion of not using the top box video that he made and connecting the VGA cable to the MPU like normal setup.  This produces the image sideways, which is normal.   The game still bombs out.

Must find the secret sauce that you guys have.

Thanks,
Jason
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 12:28:06 AM by Yoeddy1 »

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2016, 12:30:10 AM »
Giving up for tonight.  Tried several operating systems except for the one that Steve suggested.  I put Alice Mad Tea Party back in using the same setup and it works perfectly switching denoms and playing.

This one is a real head scratcher! 

Thanks again for the help guys!

Jason

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2016, 05:03:34 PM »
Well guys, I guess I'll have to claim defeat.  :(  I have tried every OS suggested in this thread, another verified game image for testing purposes, official WMS CF cards, and still, it bombs out on me with a "Call Attendant" when I switch denominations. 

Is anybody using an OLED panel and a Mississippi JUR chip?  I can't imagine printer type, coin in/out, or TITO would make a difference, but who knows?

Any other last ditch suggestions are welcome, otherwise I'm calling it quits.

Thanks again for the help.

Jason

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal