New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Reels spin in reverse on bootup  (Read 4678 times)

Offline sbsgroup

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • sbsgroup New User barely matters.sbsgroup New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Reels spin in reverse on bootup
« on: April 27, 2014, 06:21:41 PM »
I am rebuilding a s2000 and after getting everything together when it boots the reels spin backwards,  that is the first problem, the second is the button panel doesn't work.  I am trying to figure the backward reels spin before I go after the button panel.  I have changed the power supply and the enhanced board still they spin backwards.  Any ideas would be very helpful.  Thanks

Offline Retro tech repair

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
Re: Reels spin in reverse on bootup
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 06:50:43 PM »
you definitely have a senet problem you should try replacing the io boards the door board or boards should fix the button problem. i don't think the reels should be part of the senet problem but i remember seeing a topic where replacing the chassis io board fixed a problem with them indexing backwards. if neither of those work try any other senet devices your machines have( reel light controller or line display).

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 07:03:40 PM »
Reels spinning backwards is usually a bad I/O card for the reels ( the card next to the mpu).
I while back I chased senet problems on a machine changed every senet  part then the reels spun backwards on boot.
I replaced the i/o card for the reels and the senet errors went away ( coin in  jam) and the machine came to life after clearing the stacked errors by lifting the door latch a few times.

Hope this helps
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline sbsgroup

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 07:28:29 PM »
Thanks for the idea,  I changed the IO card but the reels still spin backwards.  I was certainly worth a try as I really did not have any ideas.  Thanks so much!

• Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 07:32:41 PM »
card mounted to the mpu is the chassis/cabinet io card it controls the hopper, candle, meters, and the handle. their is 1 output per reel but the schematic show that its for an option only used in elvis.

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 07:35:03 PM »
do they only spin backwards once, and does the vfd say an error. i have seen a couple machines that during first boot the reels would spin backwards once.

Offline sbsgroup

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 08:02:50 PM »
They only spin once as far as I can tell.  I have a dead button panel so I cant go further with the game.   The button panel was going to be the next problem to fix. Thanks

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 10:03:44 PM »
do you have 1 or 2 door io boards 1 is mounted in between the belly glass and the panel the coin shoots and everything else is mounted on and the second usuall is mounted to the side of that panel that faces into the cabinet when the door is closed. does the machine have a multi like display and does it work if it does. does the credits display work? i still think you have a senet problem i have seen a lot of strange things be caused by senet. just remembered the touch panel for a multi denom game i think its senet too.

basically anything low level io buttons, lights, 7segment displays, solenoids is senet. anything that needs a lot of data bill acceptor, printer, vfds are netplex.

Offline foster

• The S2000 Guru
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • foster New User barely matters.foster New User barely matters.
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2014, 11:27:42 PM »
The i/O card do not control what direction the reels spin.
The I/O card is the interface between the reel back lighting controller and MPU.
The motors are controlled directly by stepper controllers on the MPU

You may or may not have a bad door i/o
the order of wiring is machine harness to display on left side of reels, pigtail from display to top of door i/o on the very inside of door(mounted vertically), harness from bottom of that i/o to the door i/o that is at an angle (regular location for door i/o)

Also reels spin and stop right to left on power up.
Coca-Cola and Slot Machine Addict

If you find this site helpful
Please Consider Making a Donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth. OR Subscribe to NLG

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 03:10:57 AM »
A bad cab i/o can make the reels spin backwards. I can send it to you if you would like to try it out.
I thought the same thing I spent two days changing senet items and it turned out to be the cab i/o.

Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline sbsgroup

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2014, 05:00:27 AM »
I have changed both IO cards,  to be sure but same problem,  both displays work.  The machine only has one IO on the door,  have checked for bent pins or loose connections but haven't found any of either.   Thanks for all the help!!  I will continue to look, probably just missing something.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal