New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: MK6 PCB / Mainboard  (Read 3248 times)

Offline eldee99

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • eldee99 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
MK6 PCB / Mainboard
« on: December 13, 2016, 08:11:34 AM »
Hello all!

This is my first post! I'm happy this forum exists! I'm from the Netherlands and I've just bought a MK5 machine (MVP).
I'd like to convert this machine to a MK6. I've found a mainboard on ebay and I wonder if this is compatible with my Australian machine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aristocrat-MK6-XP-Main-Board-with-Sorftware-and-System-Chips-included-slot/122167278437?_trksid=p2050601.c100085.m2372&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D37338%26meid%3D25c8174659b144c784f206867e72b76c%26pid%3D100085%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D122167278437%26clkid%3D1120193763939570004&_qi=RTM2247625

I know I need some plugs and looms as well.

Will this board work?

Thanks!

Offline Don Indallas

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Don Indallas New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: MK6 PCB / Mainboard
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 10:06:54 AM »
I am far from an expert, but the  board that the link goes to is described as an mk6 XP board.  My understanding of an XP board is that the game chips will not work in u70 and u83, but must be in a riser.  That is not what is pictured in the ad.

Offline pokie3

• Reputation Power: 1
  • pokie3 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 10:43:50 PM »

Hi, MK6 boards are universal so it will work fine from that point of view. So, yes this will work.

However, converting from MK5 to MK6 is pretty easy just some dumb little things.

The CRT screen will need to be adjusted slightly.
The door switch terminals are in reverse, so rip out the bottom door switch and just swap the terminals around, I can't remember exactly now, but its either connecting the terminals together or breaking the connection when the button is pushed in. (just use a paper clip and sticky tape to test, takes 2 seconds). - Note this is mostly a problem when you reset the static ram, as in, the door 'is open' but it thinks its not.
Some games have a 'cash box' error, that's easy to fix, just make a loop between 2 pins on the backplane. (On an Aussie backplane, P22 - Join/Pins 21 & 20=ground)

Notes: If you haven't used USA software before, you need setchips to get new games working. As 'Don Indallas' said, you will need a system riser board too. That board on ebay might just 'plug in and play' by the looks of it if you are lucky they set the game up.

Offline eldee99

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 02:11:04 PM »
Thank you very much for your replies!!
I am happy that the conversion is pretty straight forwarded!

Another question: I am planning to buy the game "outback jack". It is a USA version, and comes with the add-on board. However, I use a EURO bill acceptor. Will this game be compatible to accept euro's?  Or Will this only work on a US machine with a dollar bill acceptor?

Thanks!

Offline pokie3

• Reputation Power: 1
  • pokie3 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 07:37:56 PM »
No worries. You didn't mention you want to run USA games specifically on an AU based machine. Just so you know 'most' will be ok, but cashman style games and more complex games using the second video card *might not* bootup. I think it expects something on the US driver board which you won't have on your AU based one.
So, I would suggest getting a more simpler game to get used to things first.

Don't know about the bill acceptor sorry.

Offline eldee99

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2016, 01:44:51 AM »
Hi Pokie,

Thank you for your replies!
Good idea, better start with more simple games :)

The problem in EU is that games are not available on ebay. There are some companies selling used games, but they charge around EUR 250,- excluding the glass for a single game!!!
So that's why I am diverting to US :)

Thanks again!

Offline eldee99

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2016, 09:40:59 AM »
By the way,

I see US games are using M27V160 and M27V800 system chips.
Does every game need another set of chips? Or can you use one set of chips for all games?

Edit: never mind, I found a great manual :)

http://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjYjeK5oYjRAhXIUBQKHWv3CVgQFgg5MAc&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnewlifegames.net%2Fnlg%2Findex.php%3Faction%3Ddlattach%3Btopic%3D26977.0%3Battach%3D64017&usg=AFQjCNHhS6L2o8nREkMoyLYbuu6kbFKpsw

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 09:59:22 AM by eldee99 »

Offline eldee99

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 02:50:21 AM »
UPDATE: I've tried multiple games with multiple set and system chips. I've found out most games need specific set and system chips. But it works OK.. Just a lot of swapping with chips :)

By the way, I've just received the MK6-XP board. It installed just fine, and after doing the modifications, everything is OK :)

Thanks guys!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal