New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: New I-Deck Resolution Problems  (Read 3715 times)

Offline JDKMunch

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
New I-Deck Resolution Problems
« on: January 26, 2017, 05:34:32 PM »
I just got my ideck - it's brand new with recent manufacture date

Here's my problem - when I plug it in to the top vga port  - the resolution is wrong - the machine sets it crushed and off to the right.

Now here's what's nuts if i reverse the topper and ideck on the VGA ports -  the ideck will load and work properly but the topper shows this!!!

WTF?

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: New I-Deck Resolution Problems
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 06:07:30 PM »
Did you cycle the machine?.  The I-deck usually goes in the lower vga port- secondary I think it is.  Also there have been many issues with software on particular platforms-for example hammer head games are wired up completely diff. using the video card for output for the topper etc.  You are running a alpha 2 v-32 game.  (3 monitors).  Also try a different game if you can't get it.  There is also a auto adjust inside the topper that's a pain to get to.  I just use the newer 2.1 boxes now with newer os-etc.

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 07:19:18 PM »
Check slot tech forum. I remember some slot techs having this problem
-------
Charles

Offline JDKMunch

• JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 01:16:31 PM »
I found this "This is a very easy fix. There were a few Bally I decks that got released with the wrong software programmed in the SPI just reprogram the SPI and it will work fine"

what is SPI?

from my former life I know it doesn't mean state-full packet inspection
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 06:34:36 PM by JDKMunch »

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 148
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 02:19:24 PM »
Serial Peripheral Interface
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline JDKMunch

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 06:32:19 PM »
I tried my other machine and this deck has the same problems

- can only be plugged into bottom VGA port
- topper gets distorted with iDeck video mixed in

the picture below is the topper monitor -

<very very sad>

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 08:22:20 PM »
From what I have seen on this it is sad.  You would need the program and equipment to flash it.  Strange how the I-deck video intertwines with your topper.  Given that you have no video interference from the cables and proper ferrite blocks,grounds etc. To use that port and display as you have shown it has to be internally generated from the mpu. That is the first I heard about a program issue on these.  I am a member of the other site also. I don't check there as often as I do here.  I can say that newer equipment and software running may alleviate this.  You have cobbled together machines. B.

Offline JDKMunch

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2017, 03:19:51 PM »
I have solved the problem -

I replaced my 15" topper with an 18" topper and everything works fine now  -

apparently the newer 2015+ idecks must be compatible with the topper resolution to work. 

unless of course the SPI has been flashed with the fixed version

buyer beware - check your stuff and compatibility before you buy the new and great stuff

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2017, 05:10:52 PM »
That's great.  I had figured that your I-deck was not the problem all along.  We have ran into quirkey issues with many things on these.  :cool_thumb_up:

Offline JDKMunch

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2017, 07:45:02 PM »
Just to be clear - the hardware i-Deck L14XXX is not compatible with a 15" topper with bios 227274C os 361F or bios 227274C os 366B - all software titles

i-Deck L1946L31BY-H1 I have not found any incompatible hardware issues

This may be just a bad batch of i-decks - but read the forums - they are out there - check before you buy

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2017, 09:01:01 PM »
Damn,  That is what I was trying to say in my 2nd post on this -Requires the newer stuff. There is nothing wrong with your 15 inch monitor either. It's all just a compatabilty  issue. We have old and new I-decks when used with the newer os and bios , brain box etc. they work fine.  I don't know your equipment you are running.  For specific games it wants to see certain firmware from the monitors and the Gadget board etc.  Anyway you know much more now and have learned from this as some others here.  You will have more questions and problems in the future as you experiment. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal