New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: DBV-45 Bally "clicking"  (Read 2064 times)

Offline mateo107

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • mateo107 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
DBV-45 Bally "clicking"
« on: May 25, 2017, 07:21:06 PM »
Hi All,

So, I've got a DBV-45 attached to a 777, Bally mid-90s machine.  I'm not sure if it ever worked, but I'm pretty sure it did when I got it.

I've disassembled everything, checked every plug, but the darn thing just won't 'initialize'.

I've got the DIP switches on the MPU set to DBV = yes.  The firmware on the DBV clearly says "bally" written on the EEPROM (Chip?) and on the unit itself.  However, it will never "go green" (or red for that matter).

Attached are some photos and some videos.

I've tried with all DIP switches on the DBV-45 set to off, except 8.  All off, including 8.  Makes no difference.  The gears appear to be in proper orientation.

With this unit, there is no rear gear on the cash stacker, it looks like it "winds down" from the top of the unit, and I am able to get that motor to run.

Attached in this file link there are a few videos of what happens during bootup of the machine.

Any next steps folks?  Which PINS should I check, on which harness, for correct power/voltage?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xh7k6zyei090uia/AAANXiLRa1UBln_i0YnwlAFka?dl=0

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: DBV-45 Bally "clicking"
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 09:42:16 AM »
It looks and sounds like it's advancing but not catching or meshing. Where's the cash box located? Have you removed it and checked around to make sure it's engaged? Look for any bits of stuff that may have gotten stuck in there.
I'm not an expert on BV's. In many of these cases it's better to throw away the 145 and replace it with a DBV200.
Someone else will chime in shortly.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline mateo107

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 10:01:24 AM »
Just a couple responses... and thank you for yours shortrackskater...

1) It's a DBV-45, not 145, however, I've seen a lot of posts that seem to get that mixed up.  Are they the same unit (does anyone know), or referred to as the same thing? 

2) It does the same pattern of clicking even if I remove it from the stacker.  I believe I have another video of that, but perhaps I didn't upload it.  I'm thinking it could be power related or settings related.

3) Cash box has been removed multiple times.  I'll see if I can get another video of that today too.

4) I'd generally replace the DBV, however, this machine is going to be basically given away, so I really don't want to spend the $ on it.  Maybe the buyer will.

Thanks.

Anyone else out there to help?

-M

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 10:06:32 AM »
Do the gears on the transport turn pretty easy by hand? The clicking you are hearing may be the clutch slipping

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 10:08:56 AM »
And are you making sure the transport release lever is seating when you install it. Sorry if you videos covered this, I don't have time to watch them right now

Offline mateo107

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 10:23:04 AM »
Yah, all gears move easily by hand.  And I'm not sure there is a lever on this unit. Maybe it's supposed to have one and doesn't?  I'm gonna go take another video now.

Offline mateo107

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 11:37:36 AM »
The latest video, that might help some of ya'll...

https://youtu.be/IoM-LYTyj9Y

Offline mateo107

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 03:02:10 PM »
Hey all?

Any other thoughts?

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 06:33:47 PM »
Personally, I'd talk to one of the vendors on the homepage and just buy a new transport, the head is probably go and they are realatively inexpensive

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal