New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S2000 Triple Double Red Hot 7s 5 Reel - Red LED Flashing On Power Up  (Read 2066 times)

Offline dezza1au

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • dezza1au Hides in shadows.
  • NLG
Hi all,

Here the background to the problem I have:

Machine is an IGT S2000 Triple Double Red Hot 7s 5 Reel machine.
This machine has been working fine up until a few weeks ago. The machine has not been moved.
On powering up, all of the yellow/greed LEDs light up and the bottom (red) LED flashes.
I green Varta battery has been removed (by the vendor of the machine - a company in the USA).
There is power to the reels and the lights.
The display on the front (credits etc) is blank.
I have Key chip KEY0045 and clear chip IVC0224.
The game chip is SB100928.
As I'm in Australia, I don't have access to anyone local to try out a board from a different machine etc.

I've read a few posts on here from people who's had a similar problem and have tried these things:

- checked as many of the connectors in the machine as I can are seated OK.
- replaced the button battery (CR2354) on the board. This is reading 3.02 volts.
- looked at the area where the Varta battery was and this looks fine. Friend checked that the soldering there is fine with a voltmeter.
- pulled the eproms from the board, cleaned the pins and re-seated.
- re-seated the MPU unit in the motherboard.
- put in the clear chip (IVC0224) to try a clear. *Even with the clear chip in, the red LED flashed*. I was unable to do the clear procedure.

Some other things I've noticed
- the two I/O connectors on the door have orange LED lights lit up. The similar I/O connector on the side of the processor mounting board does not have a lit orange LED light. Probably due to the error preventing start-up?
- there is a red LED light on the power supply, which is not lit. Not sure if this is correct.

I have attached photos of the circuit board and have also uploaded a video to YouTube showing what happens when the machine powers on:
https://youtu.be/UgqgClSoDGQ

I'm at a loss as to what to try now.

Some questions / thoughts:
- does the red LED mean an issue with the motherboard/MPU or could it be something external to this elsewhere on the machine that is causing the issue?
- is it worthwhile getting replacements for the eproms (SG000369, VS011GX1, DSPL0002)? Are these likely to be causing the problem?

I think the options open to me are to get the motherboard and MPU tested (can anyone on here do this?) or to buy a replacement motherboard and MPU. I only want to do this though if I'm pretty confident this will fix the issue.

If anyone has any suggestions / ideas, please let me know.

Any question, please get back.

Thanks for your help with this!

-- Derek
-- Derek

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S2000 Triple Double Red Hot 7s 5 Reel - Red LED Flashing On Power Up
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 08:04:12 AM »
Sounds like the green Varta battery is bad.
You can remove it but you must also remove a chip from the board also. Here is the link on battery removal on a 1270 board.
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=7931.0
Also you should check the voltage of the coin battery on the MPU board if it's below 2.8 volts replace it.  Then when it does power up you will just need to turn the jackpot key a few times to reset everything.
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 08:51:11 AM »
I just finished fixing a machine that had all amber lights on solid and red light flashing.
The main computer board was bad PLUS the 8 pin EEPROM on the backplane board was bad.
Replacing those 2 components and running a KEY17 got the machine up and running.
Fault was caused by the wife yanking and plugging in the power cord to turn the game on and off instead of using the power switch.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline dezza1au

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 04:38:58 PM »
Thanks for the replies. :-)

@qbert The Varta battery was removed by the supplier before I got the machine. I replaced the coin battery, and it reads 3.02volts. Still no luck.

@Badbaud I think the problem is similar to as you've described - I have been turning the machine off at the power socket, and not using the internal switch, which may be my bad. I think I'm going to order a replacement main board + MPU (eprom) board (which I've attached photos of in my original post).
I've found a backplane board online (http://patriotgaming.com/101-75909100-r.html). How would I know if the issue is with this? I'm thinking I'll try replacing the main board + MPU first.

Thanks for your help!
-- Derek

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 05:15:35 PM »
Replace a step at a time, first the MPU board.
I didn't know I also had a bad EEPROM chip on the backplane until I got a good MPU board installed and noticed the EEPROM error would not clear even after running the KEY chip.
The EEPROM is in a socket and I had a drawer full of new ones so with a long pair of needle nose pliers, 12" long, I was able to remove the old chip from it's socket and plug in a new one.
Your EEPROM may be fine.
You should also make sure your battery voltage is reaching the RAM chips, I had a board where the battery was fresh but there was a tiny trace somewhere that was not applying
battery voltage to the RAM's. I ran a wire jumper where the trace was suppose to be and the game came up.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 05:51:12 PM »
You should be using a key 45 for a 1270 board the backplane and eeprom are probably good (badbaud).
Using the plug or an external switch should not cause problems either as long as you don't plug it right back in when you unplug it.
Derek
I would try the MPU first. I just re-read your post. Your in Australia part are expensive to ship. The lights on the i/O cards as you explained are all normal. Try reseating the mpu, i/o, check for bent pins on the i/os and reseat the plugs going to the backplane.
Rarely do the chips go bad but it does happen sometime.
Try reseating the chips be careful not to bend or break the pins
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline dezza1au

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 06:18:04 PM »
@qbert Thanks for your reply and the info. I've tried re-seating the eproms on the board but it hasn't helped. I've also checked the plugs on the backplane - I didn't pull these out and put them back in, but just checked they were firmly in. The machine wasn't moved when it started going wrong, which implies to me that it isn't a 'physical' thing with stuff coming loose, but I may be wrong.
Yep, living in Australia is the tyranny of distance regarding getting stuff shipped here - you kind of get used to the expense. The machine cost more to freight and get through customs that it actually cost to buy!
I think I'll contact the company I got the machine off to see if I can get a replacement main and MPU board off them first. Replace a step at a time as @BadBaud said :-)
-- Derek

Offline dezza1au

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 10:09:33 PM »
I've ordered a replacement board from eBay, so will see what happens when I try that.
-- Derek

Offline dezza1au

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2017, 11:34:42 PM »
I received the replacement board and it solved the problem.
Kept the Eprom board I had and swapped that onto the new board. Installed, cleared a few RAM errors etc and all good. Didn't need to do any clear or key chip procedures.
Lost some of the history data, but that's OK.

Thanks for everyone's help with this!
-- Derek

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2017, 05:13:54 AM »
Great to hear glad you got it working.
Rich

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal