New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Netplex is down - FLASHING (video)  (Read 4185 times)

Offline sophkl

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • sophkl New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Netplex is down - FLASHING (video)
« on: September 30, 2017, 05:38:57 AM »
Hello,

I know there are a lot of subject about what can cause a "NETPLEX IS DOWN" message, but my problem is a little different.

When i turn on the machine, sometimes it works and everything is fine, and most of others times, it display a flashing "NETPLEX IS DOWN".

If i have luck, i just turn off and on the machine and it works again.

Did you guys have seen something like this before ?

Here is a video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ6UvKpXjcI&feature=youtu.be

Note :

- I have this machine since 7 years, and it worked fine 1 year ago. I didn't powered it for 1 year, so i changed the MPU battery recently and everything was fine. But fews days laters when i was doing the reset procedure i began to have this problem.
- I already tried to reset the RAM EPROM and doing all the stuff to reset the machine, it worked. But i can't do it anymore since the NETPLEX IS DOWN is poping on 95% tries.
- I already changed the MPU battery and tested it.
- I tried to let the machine ON for a few hours. When i turned it off and on, the bug was gone until i turned off and on again, and it was there again...
- I checked the cables a billion time, tried to pull in/out the hopper, closing the door/oppenned the door, pulled the MPU, pushed the MPU,.. tried everything.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 06:07:25 AM by owmince »

Offline Harvs

• Think!, While it's still legal...
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Netplex is down - FLASHING (video)
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 06:17:27 AM »
It's the green Varta battery on the CPU. That needs to be removed or replaced.

If you turn it on and leave it flashing like that for about 5min it should work after you turn it off and back on. The varta battery charges up a bit during that time and then finally works.

I'd remove it if there isn't battery acid damage around it. Plenty of post about doing that.

:cool_thumb_up:

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 06:20:22 AM »
U16 needs removed also. I will snap a picture of the removed Varta battery and U16.

Picture added of varta and U16 removed.

BTW .. you will need to remove the flash board to access these items for removal. I just cut them out since it is faster than removing the solder. Snip Snip
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 07:15:56 AM by Ken »

Offline sophkl

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 09:15:56 AM »
Thanks guys, i think you are right, it looks oxyded.

I was hoping i wouldn't have to do some soldering :(

By the way, i can't find the U16 (see pics) ?

Link of the pictures in FULL HD : https://imgur.com/a/6sdtF

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 09:20:56 AM »
That battery looks pretty shitty. Careful removing.

Here's U16 (the pointer)

Offline sophkl

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 09:25:23 AM »
This is so tiny, i may have some trouble soldering it without messing everything..

Could i try replacing the green battery in a first time and see how it goes ? or the U16 should be replaced at the same time ?

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 09:30:00 AM »
This is so tiny, i may have some trouble soldering it without messing everything..

Could i try replacing the green battery in a first time and see how it goes ? or the U16 should be replaced at the same time ?
No, carefully cut the U16 off.., the 3 tiny legs then the long one can be bent back n forth till it comes off. You can desolder the green battery or carefully snip that off too. Need decent snips.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 10:50:12 AM »
Is the removal of U16 for all 500 series boards?  I usually just remove the Varta.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2017, 10:52:20 AM »
Is the removal of U16 for all 500 series boards?  I usually just remove the Varta.
For 1270 enhanced boards only.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2017, 10:57:34 AM »
Noted, Thanks.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline sophkl

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2017, 08:53:40 AM »
I was able to reset and do the entire setup again, but when i'm at the end (KEY CHIP CONFIG), i go directly into MACHINE TYPE to change it because it is on UNKNOWN by default, but i' can't change it !

And i should be able to change it cause it's my first time in the KEY CHIP CONFIG menu just after putting back the BOOT CHIP and just after the reset procedure... O fcourse i dind't exit the KEY CHIP CONFIG, i know that once you have done it once, you can't make changes. But here it's the first time, and i know it is cause when you boot the first time, it display directly KEY CHIP CONFIG

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2017, 08:56:03 AM »
I was able to reset and do the entire setup again, but when i'm at the end (KEY CHIP CONFIG), i go directly into MACHINE TYPE to change it because it is on UNKNOWN by default, but i' can't change it !

And i should be able to change it cause it's my first time in the KEY CHIP CONFIG menu just after putting back the BOOT CHIP and just after the reset procedure...
You can't have credits on the machine when you Key it. Did you clear the machine? What Key chip?

Offline sophkl

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2017, 09:42:49 AM »
What i exactly did (btw this the exact procedure on my manual) :

Code: [Select]

- Turned off the machine
- Pulled MPU off the machine
- Replaced BOOT CHIP with RAM CLEAR chip
- Pushed MPU in the machine
- Turned on the machine

- Made a RAM CLEAR in the correct sub menu, exited submenu RAM CLEAR
- Made a EPROM CLEAR in the correct sub menu, exited submenu EPROM CLEAR

- Turned off the machine
- Replaced RAM CLEAR chip with BOOT chip
- Turned on the machine

- Display says RAM ERROR (but it's normal according to my manual)
- Turned reset key 4 times
- Pushed reset button on the MPU for 2 sec (requested on the machine display)
- Closed the door (requested on the machine display)
- Opened the door and turned the reset key 3 times
- Machine display "MACHINE TYPE MISMATCH" (but it's normal according to my manual)

- Turned off the machine

- Replaced BOOT CHIP with RAM CLEAR chip
- Turned on the machine

- Applied KEYCHIP in the correct submenu

- Turned off the machine
- Replaced RAM CLEAR chip with BOOT chip
- Turned on the machine

- Machine display automatically KEY CHIP CONFIG
- I went into submenu MACHINE TYPE, it says MACHINE TYPE UNKNOWN, and buttons to change it are not turned on, i can't change it. I should.

By the way if i go into DENOMINATION and put $0.01, when i exit this submenu, the screen vanish for a sec and machine exit menu.

i need to be able to set the Machine type cause when it exit the menu it says MACHINE TYPE MISMATCH.

Never had that kind of issues before and i did many reset in the past..

Thanks for your precious time and help.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2017, 10:22:43 AM »
Sounds like your doing it right but something is amiss. Once the key chip menu was displayed you may have inadvertently exited it before completing configuration either by hitting the exit (play max) button 1 too many times or by closing the door. If so you will at least have to repeat the key chip part of the procedure.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline sophkl

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2017, 01:35:19 PM »
I made sure that i did not accidently exited anything. I tried the procedure twice.

Next time i'm gonna record the whole thing just to be sure

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2017, 01:48:31 PM »
I made sure that i did not accidently exited anything. I tried the procedure twice.

Next time i'm gonna record the whole thing just to be sure
Did you press the 'spin reels' button again after entering the 'Machine Type' menu? Once entered you have to press that again to be able to change it (it'll light the service and cashout buttons to be able to change)

Offline sophkl

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2017, 02:14:07 PM »
I did try to press it, since it was the only one ON. But it didn't change anything, i was only able to exit :/

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2017, 04:19:18 PM »
I assume your button panel is responsive with other key chip settings. Correct? What is the game theme? What SB chip & what key chip? R boards will use an SB001000. RG boards will use a game specific SB. Here is the PSR for your RG board. More info/pics might help someone provide you with a solution. Not sure why you cleared the machine. This all started with a weak Varta battery that could've been replaced or removed along with the U16 IC. Clearing it wasn't necessary unless there's more to the story.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline sophkl

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2017, 01:38:29 AM »
Exact, it woked with others settings but not the MACHVINE TYPE. I remmeber that this one worked too in the past since i had to do it to terminate the reset correctly.

Where can i know what SB chip / Key chip it is ?

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2017, 05:42:35 AM »
The clear chip for it is a RBK00001.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal