New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 49 error code question about reel mechanism  (Read 3450 times)

Offline ninnjinn

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • ninnjinn New User has no influence.
  • NLG
49 error code question about reel mechanism
« on: October 22, 2017, 08:01:22 PM »
I checked out the machine yesterday all was well working Etc. There was a base and chair that came with it so I loaded up the base and the chair brought it home. Then this evening I went to get the machine. I unplugged the reels to remove them to get to the screws to remove the top box in order to lighten it a little bit. I am home I've got the machine back together but it keeps throwing a reel mechanism unplugged code 49.

I have unplugged and plugged in every plug that will mate with another plug although there are several plugs that have no wires going into them or they're just dangling because there's no mate.  I also took out the MPU boared out looked at it, pictures of the chips and put it back in. 

I would like to add that once I turn the machine on all three reels do this very quick quiver and after the DBA does its thing then I get the code 49. When I turn the machine off the three reels do a quick quiver so I'm kind of stumped. 

Offline ninnjinn

• NLG
Re: 49 error code question about reel mechanism
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 05:40:34 AM »
One thing that I forgot to add in my original post, with the code 49 error would that mean that the wiring harness supplying power to all three reels is disconnected? Or would that also mean that just one reel isn't getting power throwing the 49 code

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 06:18:07 AM »
49 is an error for the board not communicating with any of the reels. Make sure none of the pins are bent where you are plugging the reels in - check motherboard and all reel connections.

I would check to make sure the MPU is firmly connected.

Some harnesses will not be used so they will be unplugged.

Offline hotlsot

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 09:22:31 AM »
I've also seen a blown trace on a back plane cause a 49 code.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 07:31:52 AM »
Can you post some pictures of what you have plugged in and where.

Check for bent connecting pins .. if you took out the MPU board then check those two connectors for bent pins too.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 08:24:02 AM »
the 49 code is caused by an open in the loop circuit for the reels.  there is a jumper on each plug of the reel assembly, it transfers the signal from reel to reel, and back to the cpu. 

usually the plastic tab breaks on one of the reel plugs and the plug is not inserted all the way (pushed up into the reel assembly itself)  or the pin itself is pushed up into the connector .

check and see if all the pins are flush with each other and one is not pushed back, make sure all the plugs are seated into the connector and are making contact.

if it worked before you took the reels out, and now it doesn't work, then one of these situations has occurred.

Hope this helps

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2017, 09:52:08 AM »
Pics of reel connectors that Jim is mentioning. The connector in the pictures shows one correctly in place and the other push up and out.

sorry about the blurriness

Offline ninnjinn

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 10:38:45 AM »
Thank you very much! I will check it out when I get home from work today

Offline ninnjinn

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 03:04:25 PM »
all the plastic connectors from the reels were seated as they should.  But to rule out anything, I took the reels out and wiggled each wire.  the connector pin wiggled but there was no up and down/ in and out motion.  I started to do the same thing to the connectors that run to the MPU but my back and knees were starting to hurt.  But I took the reel wiring connector out of the reels to physically see that each connector was connected nice and tidy.  I also gently turned the reels by hand to make sure I had everything back in right and there was no rubbing.  Since I had the MPU out, I checked the pins on the motherboard to make sure they were nice and straight.  then put the MPU back in and connected all the connectors back up to the mother board.

Plugged in the machine and flipped the switch,  Same as before....  The reels wiggled and went back into code 49

There was a reply here about posting pics.....  what pics are you wanting?

Offline ninnjinn

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2017, 03:06:47 PM »
I've also seen a blown trace on a back plane cause a 49 code.

Thank you for your reply...  Give me another day or two of aggravation  :banghead: :banghead: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :banghead: :banghead: and I will probably just buy a whole new MPU and back plane. 

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2017, 03:10:27 PM »
Just to make sure .. the pins on the MPU board need to be checked. That is the board you pull up and out with the black handle.

Pictures of anything you connected back together or ones that you connected that wasn't before.

Offline ninnjinn

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2017, 03:16:42 PM »
Ahhh. Yes.  I checked those out as well.  Are you just wanting pictures of the connectors connected or do you want pics of the connectors unconnected?

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2017, 03:19:47 PM »
As connected so we can if there is something odd.

Did you disconnect the top box? Doubt that it would have anything to do with it.

Offline ninnjinn

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2017, 04:24:33 PM »

Offline ninnjinn

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2017, 04:26:51 PM »

Offline ninnjinn

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2017, 04:32:09 PM »
The connectors for the reels are out of their socket therefore that's why they are dangling

Offline ninnjinn

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2017, 04:34:47 PM »
Sorry I'm on my mobile device and I posted the same picture twice

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2017, 06:01:11 PM »
OK I'm going to throw a couple of things at you. One is something relatively normal. The other is something that I thought about reading the post again. So bear with me on this. If it's nothing, well that's what it cost.
You hauled this machine in a car, if I remember right. You haven't said anything about taking the Mother Board out. It could be possible that a coin or screw or whatever has slid underneath and caused a ground to show the error. You can't believe the junk in the bottoms of these machines. I don't know if the harnesses were hanging loose before the pics but could there be a bare spot touching that is causing a short? I read where you talked about moving the reels. I had one give me a 43 error on startup one day. I kept opening the door and shutting it etc. even shutting the machine off and restarting it. Same thing. There it was out of nowhere. Finally, I had the machine on and opened the door, I moved all three reels about half a turn. Shut the door and latched it, the reels spun and stopped and it lit up the insert coin light and was ready to play. Never has done it again. I hadn't moved the machine or anything but it showed up out of nowhere. Just some random thoughts.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline ninnjinn

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2017, 06:16:11 PM »
OK I'm going to throw a couple of things at you. One is something relatively normal. The other is something that I thought about reading the post again. So bear with me on this. If it's nothing, well that's what it cost.
You hauled this machine in a car, if I remember right. You haven't said anything about taking the Mother Board out. It could be possible that a coin or screw or whatever has slid underneath and caused a ground to show the error. You can't believe the junk in the bottoms of these machines. I don't know if the harnesses were hanging loose before the pics but could there be a bare spot touching that is causing a short? I read where you talked about moving the reels. I had one give me a 43 error on startup one day. I kept opening the door and shutting it etc. even shutting the machine off and restarting it. Same thing. There it was out of nowhere. Finally, I had the machine on and opened the door, I moved all three reels about half a turn. Shut the door and latched it, the reels spun and stopped and it lit up the insert coin light and was ready to play. Never has done it again. I hadn't moved the machine or anything but it showed up out of nowhere. Just some random thoughts.

Dave

That is definitely things to think about. I finally figured out/ was told how to remove the motherboard so I will be trying that later this evening after the kiddos go to sleep. And yes my post are probably really confusing because I tend to type out what I'm thinking not realizing the person reading it does not know what I'm thinking or what I have done.

The reel harnesses were where they was supposed to be I just have them hanging to make sure that I was getting a connection.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2017, 10:14:02 AM »
lets try something else, after the machine is powered up and the 49 code appears, press the white test button and see if you can get into the test mode, if you can then go to the input test #13_1 , when you close and latch the machine it should start to toggle back and forth from a 1 to 0, this will test the door optic to make sure the machine is seeing the door close to reset all the tilt codes. if it does this ,then proceed to test #4 in the coins played window, press the spin button, this should spin the reels and land on the jackpot symbols.

lets see if any of this will work?

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal