New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 3902 battery conversion  (Read 1416 times)

Offline wizeone

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • wizeone New User has no influence.
  • NLG
3902 battery conversion
« on: October 24, 2017, 09:49:48 AM »
Hi again guys,

i have like 20 3902 boards with Main Battery Low's.  i have seen where there are adapters that can be soldered on to allow for easy battery replacements in the future.  has anyone done this on their boards? if so how hard was it to do? does the battery life stay the same or go down?

any good soldering stations you would recommend?
type of solder?
any specific battery holder?

thanks in advance

Offline ricker

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • ricker New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: 3902 battery conversion
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 10:41:08 AM »

Check it out.  There are many more using this sites search feature.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=258.msg714#msg714

You should be able to find someone to do the work. Might try TV repair Cell phone or computer repair.  Auto stereo installation.

Richard

Offline ChoiceMc

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ChoiceMc New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 06:44:46 AM »
Hi again guys,

i have like 20 3902 boards with Main Battery Low's.  i have seen where there are adapters that can be soldered on to allow for easy battery replacements in the future.  has anyone done this on their boards? if so how hard was it to do? does the battery life stay the same or go down?

any good soldering stations you would recommend?
type of solder?
any specific battery holder?

thanks in advance

Ya just unsolder the yellow battery, solder in a battery holder and slide in a 2354 battery, you're good from there. I have all my boards setup like this.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 09:26:17 AM »
Here's some thoughts from the other side (literally) from Buzz, one of our beloved members! I KNOW he's looking down on this subject!!

Why I don't like battery holders, I'm going to ansewer a question with a question.
 Have you ever had a flashlight that you had to beat the crap out of it to get it to work ??  Why does this happen , because the battery/battery's are loosing contact with each other, the bulb, or maybe ground. What if all those items were soldered to each other, ansewer no place to loose contact. Same thing on a MPU, use a holder and maybe it will loose contact and maybe it won't.  Solder the battery and it will not loose contact.  That's just one more maybe I don't have to worry about. Plus it's a little cheaper not to use a holder, look at all those Penny's I don't have to stick in a holder to make better contact.

And CV slots supports his "new" comment:

I have to agree with The Buzzard on this one...man that hurt to even type it... :rotfl:

Battery holders are just one more possible point of failure. How many times do you have to change a battery? Once every 3-4 yrs??? Maybe even longer???

Had a guy the other day who TAPED a coin battery to the board with blk electrical tape....He couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work :Scratch-Head: :Scratch-Head: , as he had snipped off the original yellow coin, but was "smart" and took care to leave the legs so he could tape to them..... :24: :24: :24:

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal