New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Correct comparitor for S2000 VISION  (Read 2124 times)

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
Correct comparitor for S2000 VISION
« on: November 14, 2017, 10:19:23 AM »
what is the correct CC for the vision?  The one I got with my machine (YES it is me again) we go it running except Comparitor error - bought another 13v but the ratings are different.  The harness is good - I tested all connections. YES I had a quarter in the comparitor.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Correct comparitor for S2000 VISION
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 11:05:10 AM »
Barry,  should be this one, nothing special about the cc-16, same one used on all s-2000 machines. however on this set up, the green LED should be on constant with power applied.  is the coin option enabled in your settings?

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline GOS

• GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 11:15:48 AM »
jim - this is that vision had so many issues with - got it running - thanks to gbert - had the error - thought is was the cc as that is what error said - I got another cc - but they are somewhat different - now neither one work - the original one - I could get the error to clear by open/close door but after awhile error would come back.

Offline Amechanic

• Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 07:18:23 PM »
Barry, Have you checked to see what size coin guide is in that Vision game? I have picked up games that were converted to quarter, but they never changed the coin guide from a $1 or 0.50c. I would get coin in errors. Do you have a different set of coin optics to try? I would think either of those comparitors should work. I've always thought as long as the coil wires were green they would work.. Pics of my spares.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 07:45:41 PM »
changed out the optic board - with new ones - has the 25c spacer

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 09:28:37 AM »
I/O card  connection?

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 10:46:39 AM »
all of the connections and boards were checked while rick was here and got machine to boot up - got the CC error and after changing out optic board twice - decided to get another cc - still fails.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 03:01:55 PM »
If you put the bypass plug in and everything works. It's the optics, comparator or wiring.
That one wire set to the optics was a little chewed up.
I did not check wire positions in each plug while I was there. Snap a pic of each plug so I can verify wire color/position.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2017, 04:26:06 PM »
okay - finally got to look at machine - putting the jumper on the cc plug - get coin in jam error - open close door - machine works fine. Installing two different CC holsters with 2 different wiring harness - get the coin in jam error - open close door - error goes away - play a coin - coin jam. 

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2017, 04:06:10 AM »
Sorry I was not clear. Pictures of plugs going to the comparator and the optics as they are plugged into each item.
It's either that wiring or could the optics you put in be bad. One last thing are all the holes clear in the plastics where the optic assembly sandwiches together possibly a little flashing blocking one of the holes. 
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2017, 04:11:16 AM »
i changed both wire harnesses and holsters - the wire harness originally in machine when you were here had some breaks - which I fixed - picked up another complete assembly (holster - harness - comparitor) - both sets - same result. 

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2017, 04:18:47 AM »
Something not right with the optics. Blocked hole or possibly one of the wires on the ribbon of that new optics broke they are pretty fragile.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2017, 05:04:30 AM »
will recheck - i have used up all 4 of me new optic boards

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2017, 11:00:50 AM »
all optics look good - not broken ribbon - no blocked 25c optic board - all wiring look good - with any combination of cc - holster (optic) - and harness - get closure - coin in jam - sometimes open close door error goes away for awhile but comes back without playing a coin - error is always comparitor error. 
Using the jumper wiring - game plays for awhile - then i get the coin in jam error - sometimes just letting the game set - then again - it played for 30 minutes no problem (with the jumper) - checked all the connections on the door. 
One side issue - the top flour bulb dims - (new bulb) and I have to jiggle the connector going to the ballast.  Would any voltage issue cause the coin in jam error?   

Offline Amechanic

• Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2017, 11:59:57 AM »
Just a thought.. The ballast is these machines have been known to cause machines problems. How about trying to play the game with all the light ballast unplugged from the machine? Unplug all the power in plugs and see what happens. You have tried almost everything else..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2017, 12:01:44 PM »
might as well - only 85 days invested in it now

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2017, 11:06:19 AM »
i disconnected the ballast to the flour bulb for reels - power up - get machine error - open close door - error goes away - game plays without a hitch - this is with the JUMPERS.   Will try it one more time today to see if i get the error on start up.
either way - I will try the cc i have with the ballast unplugged.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal