New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 Pull Handle  (Read 3234 times)

Offline Glasact

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Glasact New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S2000 Pull Handle
« on: November 20, 2017, 01:14:28 PM »
I acquired a 3-reel "White Stars" S2000 game several years ago for my collection.  It works fine except..........the pull handle is always locked and has always been that way.  How do I get it to function correctly? :Scratch-Head:

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: S2000 Pull Handle
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 01:43:17 PM »
Usually there is a solenoid coil near the pull handle mechanism inside the machine that activates after you bet one or more credits. This solenoid coil moves a locking lever out of the way so that the handle can be pulled. You can take a look to see if your machine has that solenoid coil, if so there should be a couple of wires connected to it for power. A meter can measure the coil to see if it is good. Someone may have unplugged the cable wiring that goes to the handle solenoid for some reason.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 06:46:23 PM »
It may as be as easy as cleaning the plunger (lock out lever). I had one stick one time, and pulling it out and wiping the dried grease off fixed it. 3 years ago and still working good.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Glasact

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 07:07:47 AM »

I can see two attached wires, so I am assuming there is a locking solenoid somewhere in there.  How do I remove and re-lubricate the lock mechanism and check for power?

Thanks

Offline Harvs

• Think!, While it's still legal...
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 09:59:05 AM »
There's a spring attached to that soleniod, if it's broken it will lock the handle.

Bottom spring.

Offline Glasact

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 06:08:55 PM »

There's a spring attached to that soleniod, if it's broken it will lock the handle.

Bottom spring.

I am able to manually lift the solenoid plunger and the handle releases.  How do I proceed  from here?

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 06:17:55 PM »

Bottom spring.

I am able to manually lift the solenoid plunger and the handle releases.  How do I proceed  from here?
Sure, but it would only allow 1 pull of the handle. The spring attaches to a latch (thingy) that you can see in the picture. The solenoid pulls up on that.

Did you take a look yet to see if the spring is broken?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 08:26:06 PM »
Post a photo of the pull handle's solenoid area on your machine, that will make it easier for your problem to be solved.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Glasact

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 07:33:59 AM »

I took a couple of pics of (what I think) is the right area.  Do the springs look like they are intact?
Thanks, Mark

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 09:43:19 AM »
Yep, looks like the spring is fine.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2017, 10:10:46 AM »
That round object covered with the light yellow or tan wrapping is the coil for the solenoid. Inside it is a long length of wire wrapped in a circle on a round plastic spool. There is a round metal plunger rod that is positioned so that it passes thru the spool loosely. The 2 wires that connect to this coil send electricity thru it (when the solenoid is turned on) and that makes a strong magnetic field. The magnetic field pulls in that round metal plunger and that is what moves a lever or metal arm to unlock the pull handle. The spring is there so that when the solenoid is turned off the plunger will move back the other way and lock the handle.

Does the yellow/tan wrapping on the coil look overheated, darkened? If you have a meter you can measure the coil to see if it is good. Where the 2 wires connect to the coil you can put your meter leads and look for continuity, which is a really low resistance reading. Do this with the machine powered off. Also, with the machine powered on and after pressing the button to bet one credit you should be able to measure the voltage on the coil wires to see if it is getting voltage to activate it.

Or you can check that the wires are connected to the coil and follow the wires back to make sure neither one is cut or damaged.

Of course, if you are not able to repair this problem the game can still be played by pressing the Spin button on the machine. Or you could remove the solenoid locking mechanism and the handle could be pulled at any time. I don't think that would cause a problem for home users.

It looks like there is a larger spring around the plunger. And there is a smaller spring that is connected between the end of the plunger and the lever that the solenoid wants to move to unlock the handle. But that's a guess, I don't have one of these machines here to look at myself. With the machine powered off can you press on the plunger and get it to move easily? If so then the problem is probably electrical (bad coil, wiring, solenoid driver on circuit board, etc).

« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 09:01:51 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Glasact

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2017, 01:41:09 PM »

I moved the plunger up & down through the coil a few times and it moved freely.  I moved the wires around a little looking for somewhere to attach a meter.  I tried it again and it is now working.  :applause: :applause: :applause: I'm now a super qualified repairman  :24: I must have jiggled a loose connection or freed up a sticking solenoid. I'm happy to finally have it working after many years.
Thanks for all of the help!!

Retirement is Great! On to the next project!

Mark

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2017, 02:04:00 PM »
Ha!  We'll put your name and number out there, you can start doing service calls and get lots more experience in this exciting field of work! Make lots of extra income for your golden years.    :drool04:

If it was just something mechanical then it might just need the plunger cleaned or a little dab of grease on the lever arm that moves. Don't put any oil or grease on the plunger. If moving the wires got it to working then you might have a flaky solder connection or something intermittent with the wires that attach to the coil. Those wire connectors are often just crimped (mashed together) onto the wires, one of them might be loose.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 02:21:39 PM by rokgpsman »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal