New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Another new person to slots....igt s+ double diamond, stuck in idle door open  (Read 12716 times)

Offline falconross

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • falconross New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Hello, New to slot machines and need help....any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!  Recently bought a double diamond slot,igt s+ I believe, was told it worked fine except coin would simply fall straight thru and not register.  Having owned some snack vending machines, thought no problem.  Anyway, got the machine home and discovered my first problem was error code 12, low battery.  I ordered a new battery and soldered new one to board.  Fired up the slot, error code 12 disappeared but then got 61-1 code.  Followed instructions I had read on forum and used reset and jackpot key to clear that out.  Everything seemed to be working, except I still couldn't get coin comparitor to work.  I was never able to get the led to light up on the comparitor.  I started to trouble shoot to see if that comparitor was getting power and double checked all the connections.  I must add that I was able to use the reset button several times and the reels would spin and different codes would appear in the winners paid window.  Being new to all this, I wasn't sure what I was looking for and was mainly focused on getting the led on the comparitor to light up, so I don't remember what codes they were exactly.  Anyway, after trying to figure out the comparitor I noticed the reset button wouldn't work any more and also noticed the lower light on the candle was flashing.  After doing more research, I found out that this indicates idle, door open error.  This makes sense as I read that the machine is basically in a lock out mode and the nothing will work till the error is cleared, which probably explains the comparitor not working.  So, currently, I have a #1 in winners paid window, and 0 in the credits window, with the lower candle light flashing.  I have tried cycling the power, reset button, nothing works.  I also checked the door optics and even looked at one thru cell phone and could see the flickering light, so the emitter is working at least.  The cash box door has the lock removed, but the two green wires are twisted together jumping that connection.  The main door seems to shut fine and I believe the optics are lining up correctly.  Like I said, being new and all, is my only option to use a clear chip in the main computer board?  I know I used the jackpot key a few times after I cleared the 61-1 loop, so did I mess up settings perhaps and just need to start over?? Sorry for the long post and lack of specific jargon, still learning my way thru all of the this!  Thanks in advance!!

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Hi, welcome to the site. Is there a sample coin in the comparator? You did a great job with the battery and clearing the 61-1. Post a picture of the comparator for us. Your 1-0 sounds like a page in tests. Closing the door should clear it. Your door optics must work since you cleared the 61-1.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline falconross

• NLG
Thanks for the reply! The machine came with a ton of tokens, I have one in the comparitor.  Should I try a quarter instead?? I thought I read somewhere that I might have put it in a test mode by using the jackpot key too many times.  I'll post pictures in a few hours...thanks!

Offline falconross

• NLG
Here's a pic of compartitor with token

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
You have the coin sent back to far.
It should be about haft way back.
Then the spring loaded retainer covers about 1/2 the coin.
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG

falconross,

*** Proten beat me to it....

Your token is located too far back. You need to bring it forward to rest in the cradle as seen below. You will see a small channel behind the "Slide to replace coin" decal the coin should sit into that.

Offline falconross

• NLG
Gotcha!  I set token in correctly now... Unfortunately that didn't resolve anything.

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Try turning the sensitivity screw counter clockwise all the way. When you close the door, do the reels spin? Does a 0 appear in the bet window on the right? The light will flash on the candle until a game is played.

the rockin elvis

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
The comparator does not light up unless the door is CLOSED.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Unless you have moved them, the door optics must be lined up. You wouldn't be able to clear the 61-1 error without the machine recognizing the door as shut.
You are using matching tokens in the CC and the inserting coin? They have to match as the comparator will read differences in tokens and drop it through. Is the insert coin display lighting up? If not, it's not ready to play. If it is, it sounds like a comparator issue.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline falconross

• NLG
I did adjust the sensitivity on the comparitor... I turned it all the way ccw,  then about a quarter turn cw.  The reels don't spin when I close the door and I do have zero in far right display,  credits I believe.  Sorry,  not in front of machine at the moment. 

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Full CCW is best, don't do the 1/4 turn the other way.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Amechanic

• Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
I would leave the sensitivity turned all the way ccw. I like to use blue painter tape to check my optics  alignment. Put a piece on the cabinet and mark where you optic is. Then do the same on the outside of the door, then see if your marks are aligned. I would also check the wiring on the door optic. Those wires move every time you open and close the door. I have seen the door wire worn through the insulation. It is possible your comparitor is bad too. There is a capacitor on the board inside the comparitor that goes bad.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline falconross

• NLG
Is there any sort of test to tell if the comparitor is bad?  That was my initial thought as the led light was not illuminating, however I understand that the led will not illuminate with the door open.  As far as optics, I know that at one point I cleared the 61 code, so I think they should have worked then.  As I mentioned in first post, the reels were spinning and I even got some sound at one point.  I'm really thinking the machine somehow is stuck in a door open position that I might have induced...ugh....lol

Offline Amechanic

• Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
I'm wondering if your machine might need to have a set chip used on it? I believe there is a way to test the door optic in a actual machine test? But I am far from the S+ expert.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
On your coin comp. there is a small white button at the bottom left. Push it. It should give a credit for each push, then with the door open push the spin reels button. Once you close the door, credits will go away if it see's the door as closed. Post a picture of the front of door so we can see the display's. A short video showing everything would be better. Post it to youtube then post the link here.

the rockin elvis

Offline falconross

• NLG
I tried pushing that little white button as well.  Nothing happens at all....I just keep seeing the #1 in winners paid, and 0 in credits with lower candle light flashing. 

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
Looks like it's going to be the coin optics or a broken wire going to it. Pushing the button should give a pseudo credit.

the rockin elvis

Offline Shaggy

• Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Is the insert coin display lit?
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
there are two white buttons that are in play, the first being located near the power switch or in the middle of the cage assembly where the board is located.  the second white button is the one on the coin optics board (lower left corner underneath the plug). 

what happens when you close and latch the door?  can you push the white test button and get into the diagnostics? if you can then we can test the optics to see if they are working.

if you suspect the cc-16 is broke, you can temporary shim the rake out of the cc body, (this should allow the coins to pass to the optics)

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal