New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Another new person to slots....igt s+ double diamond, stuck in idle door open  (Read 12728 times)

Offline falconross

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • falconross New User has no influence.
  • NLG
If the coin optics are bad, will it cause the machine to remain in idle mode?  Also, i've read that they can be cleaned, but not exactly sure what to clean on them.  I failed to mention that the light assembly underneath the "change" button broke and the bulb is just hanging by the harness.  Could this possibly cause the machine to not work?  Thanks

Offline falconross

• NLG
Jim, my reply crossed paths with your post....as far as the small white button on the coin optics board, i've pushed that and nothing happens, same with the white button next to the power supply.  At one point when I pushed the white test button next to the power supply, things did happen such as the reels spinning, hearing sounds, etc., now nothing happens.  When I close and latch the door, nothing at all happens, same display of numbers and lower candle light flashes.  Not sure if I read post correctly, did you want me to try to push white test button on CC board when door is closed thru belly door?

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
You can only use pseudo button with door open. Cash out button should not be the trouble. You say now the test button next to power switch is not working?  Each press of it enters a different screen along with turning the key. When you stated you have 1_0 I believe that is the sound test. Jim Elvis
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline falconross

• NLG
I'm sorry, let me clarify...after I initially replaced battery and cleared out the 61 error with reset button and jackpot key, the machine seemed to work, except that when I tried to insert a token into coin slot, it just passed on thru and went straight to the tray.  I had read somewhere that I could test the coin comparitor by advancing the error code to #34 using the jackpot key, if that makes any sense.  I got to number 34, but after that nothing seemed to happen.  For awhile, every time I hit the reset button to start over, the reels would spin and different codes would appear in the far left window, I think I remember seeing a 3100 at one time.  I know at one time that the reset button quit working and I powered down the machine and pulled and reseated the computer board and was able to get reset button to work.  Somewhere along the way the reset button quit working and reseating the computer board doesn't do anything now. 

Offline falconross

• NLG
If 1_0 is sound test, will it put machine in idle mode?  If so, how do I exit that test?  I'm thinking I may have inadvertently entered a test mode thru my ham-fistedness!

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
that makes some sense, you could still be in the book keeping mode,  close the door, keep turning the jackpot reset key until you get back to the game play mode.   some times it takes 7 turns others it takes 13 turns,  monitor the coins played window, each turn should advance the number, if after 7 you get the 3100 code, stop,  likewise if after 12 you get the 3011 code stop, now you are in the game  play mode, 3100 is a hopper code that should be reset by lifting the latch and putting it down at the closed position.

JIm

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
the sound test is a number 50 in the winner paid window, 

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline falconross

• NLG
unfortunately, turning the jackpot key does nothing.  At one time it did work, but nothing now

Offline falconross

• NLG
I should add, sometimes the jackpot key appears to stick when I try to turn, but this last time it turned pretty smooth.  Wondering if jackpot key isn't working correctly...

Offline falconross

• NLG
I was looking at the door optic sensor, reciever and one of the wires detached from the sensor...do I need the sensor, can I just twist wires together to bypass?

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
No you can't bypass by twisting wires. You will need replacement optics. Now we know the problem. PM Jim he will have optics for you. Jim Elvis
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline falconross

• NLG
I will need new sensor then...the only thing is, i'm not 100% sure if I accidentally broke the wire, or if it was already broke, or at the very least it might have been a bad connection.  I was looking at the plastic connector near the sensor when I noticed the wire, not sure if I pulled on the wire or not.  thanks

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
That is not a reset button. There is no such thing on a S+ machine.
Closing the door and aligning the door optics with the latch all of the way down is the only way to reset the machine.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
I was looking at the door optic sensor, reciever and one of the wires detached from the sensor...do I need the sensor, can I just twist wires together to bypass?

I had a feeling you had a optic problem. Those door wires take a beating this them being attached to the door latch. Do you have enough wire to try and solder it back together? At least till you get you new optics
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 03:46:26 PM by Amechanic »
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
Do not twist the wires together you may blow a transistor on the MPU board. Get some working optics.

Offline falconross

• NLG
I tried to solder, but it didn't work...i'm sure my soldering job was insufficient, ha.  I'm gonna get some new optics.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Those small wires are not easy to solder.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Piney

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Piney New User has no influence.
  • NLG
I was initially having coin problems.  I too thought I'd messed up some part of the programming.

First, I found out that one wouldnt see the LED lit with the door open.  I opened the bottom door, removed the coin unit, passed the wires through so that when I closed the main door I could see the LED and also fiddle with the settings. 
That helped-- but it was still intermittent.  Connectors and cabled *looked* good, but more fiddling reveled that it would stop working  when the cable was precisely in the right position.  Unfortunately that right position was when it was installed and the cable run properly :-=(  New cable fixed that

Second-- it was really gooey.  A good spray cleaner cleaning fixed the sticky parts and all is well.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
There is a switch for that bottom door right near the door hinge.
It gets flaky and can be eliminated by removing the two wires connected to it and jumping them together.

Offline falconross

• NLG
A quick update....ordered new door optic set, got them in mail today.  Was hoping that they would fix the problem, but no such luck.  I still have a 1 in winners paid window, and 0 in credits with lower flashing candle light.  So, I now know its at least not the optic set, what about the where the wires from the optics go to?   As I said earlier, a novice at these machines, so i'm assuming they lead to a computer board of some sort.  Any ideas?  Thanks

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal