New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Another new person to slots....igt s+ double diamond, stuck in idle door open  (Read 12719 times)

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Are the new optics aligned well?

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
How do you have them attached? The door optic should have the Red/black wires and the Cabinet should be Red/White wires. If hooked up backwards the don't work.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline falconross

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • falconross New User has no influence.
  • NLG
As far as I can tell,  they are aligned pretty good.  They are hooked up correctly as well. I even used my phone camera to check the light in the emitter. 

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Do my way to check them. I use blue tape on the outside of the door and cabinet to mark where the optics are with the door open. Then close the door to see if the 2 marks line up. I just had a machine where I had to shim out the cabinet optics to work properly. Once I did that mine were adjusted.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
At this point it could be your computer board or the board (backplane) board it plugs into.
Did you make sure the red/white wired optic went to the chassis and red.black wired optic went to the door?
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
do you have  a meter?  unplug the optics on the door, measure the dc voltage , now do the same for the cabinet .  does this machine have a belly door switch?  if so bypass it.  check out the reset key switch, make sure it is working, with a meter set on resistance, rx1 scale, should read open one way and zero ohms the other (wires disconnected) 

hard the machine went from working?  reset a 61 code  to totally un responsive, the  S+ machine is not that complex.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline falconross

• NLG
Thanks for all the replies....I tried the tape method, and as far as I could tell, they are lined up.  I'm really not thinking that is the problem as at one point the optics were working and the current problem arose before I made any adjustments to the optics.  Yes, red/white is on chassis, red/black on door....The emitter is on the door, verified it is working by using camera on phone.  If it is the board, any suggestions on what it could be, or what am I looking for.  Someone earlier mentioned a transistor could be bad...

As far as belly switch, I don't see one, but where is that usually at?  I'll try the meter on the optics.  Just for clarification, is the reset key switch the same as the jackpot key switch?

Thanks!

Offline falconross

• NLG
A few more thoughts....if the door optics were the problem and if they are replaced, will the idle door open error clear out automatically once I close the door, assuming optics aligned, or do I need to do anything else to the machine to put it back in working condition?  I thought I read I had to put a coin in to clear out the error, I could be wrong tho.  Also, is there a certain amount of time the optics must be in alignment for the error to clear, or is it instantaneous?  Is there anything else except the optics that needs to be in position for idle door open to clear?  If not, couldn't I just hold the two optics together and see if the error clears?  I really think something else is causing the problem, just not sure what it is. 

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
On most boards I work on it is Q6 that goes bad. It sends out the pulses to the door optic transmitter.
If it is open no pulses will be sent to the receiver, if it is shorted a steady signal will be seen, in either circumstance a door closure will not be detected.
On the backplane, way in the back right corner is a single, long, black connector that has some door signals.
Sometimes the far right pin, near the edge of the board misses the plug hole and is bent over and not connected.
A rare case but that disconnected pin will not allow the MPU to see the door signal.
Another possibility is your 6V fuse, it provides a DC voltage that is used for external voltages, we called it dirty DC or Vun.
If it is open the DC voltage used to pulse the optic transmitter is not present, result - no door detect.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
A few more thoughts....if the door optics were the problem and if they are replaced, will the idle door open error clear out automatically once I close the door, assuming optics aligned, or do I need to do anything else to the machine to put it back in working condition?  I thought I read I had to put a coin in to clear out the error, I could be wrong tho. 

When the optics are aligned and the machine is detecting that the door is closed (which means that the bill validator stacker door ("cash can" door) must also be closed), the LED displays on the front of the machine should go blank for a couple of seconds, then return to displaying information.  If the displays remain lit with number(s) and don't change at all at the moment that the door is closed and the latch is completely slid down into the locked position, that's an indication that the machine is not detecting the door as being closed.

As far as the flashing bottom candle light, that light will remain flashing fast until the first paid game has been completed after the door is closed.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline falconross

• NLG
I'll take a look at the board.  On the 6v fuse, is that one of the 3 fuses underneath the cash can door?  If so, then I already checked all of those fuses and they are good.  Like I said, I can see a light emitting from optic sensor on door when I look thru my phone camera.  I think it was blinking, but will look again.  The cash can door had the switch removed and those wires are twisted together.  I don't think that is the problem as it worked once and I haven't messed with them.  As I mentioned earlier, at one point the machine thought the door was closed as other codes were displaying on front of machine.  I could hit the little reset button and the reels would spin.  The coin comparitor wasn't working as I could drop a coin straight thru.  I read something about advancing from an error code of 10, to error code of 34 to check the coin comparitor.  I think once I got to #34, it was supposed to go to another code, but nothing happened at that point.  After that, I couldn't get reset button to work, wondering it something happened by turning the jackpot key several times to get to that #34 code. 

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
With the door open the button on the coin optics works or not? It will  add a credit when you press it and then you  can press the spin button and the reels spin?  Or not? Can you post pics of optics,  coin comparitor, and the display with the door closed?

Offline falconross

• NLG
Coin comparitor button does nothing, as well as reset button by power switch.  From what i've read, it sounds like machine is stuck in door open position and disabling any other function.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
Disconnect one wire from the jackpot  reser key switch and try it.

Offline falconross

• NLG
i'll give it a shot

Offline falconross

• NLG
unhooked connections from jackpot key, no luck there

Offline falconross

• NLG
I double checked with phone camera and I can see light flashes on the emitter, so that should be working.  Tried several times to make sure optics are lined up.  I feel that they are.  Scratching my head, not sure where to go next....

Offline falconross

• NLG
It seems when I open door, the bill acceptor does a self test, it makes a noise like it is. 

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
Does the belly door have a reflective object sensor or a white button switch to detect door open?

Offline falconross

• NLG
No it doesn't, at least from what I can tell.  I played with opening the door some more, and i'm not convinced that is causing the bill acceptor to make noise.  It is sporadic and seems to follow no specific pattern.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal