New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bill Acceptor not working  (Read 15080 times)

Offline jplynn711

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • jplynn711 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bill Acceptor not working
« on: January 29, 2018, 11:21:47 AM »
I have a Double  BlackJack machine that the bill acceptor will not take bills .I hear it power up and initialize but wont work .I bought it used and guy I got it from gave me a DBV-200 to install but when I did it is the same .You can hear it intialize on start up but does not work either .HELP :thank_you:

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Bill Acceptor not working
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 11:31:36 AM »
Is your Double Blackjack a 3 reel slot machine?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 11:51:40 AM »
We need more information.

Post photos of the bill validators you have. Look on the DBV-200 for a sticker that says something like "ID-0XX" and tell us what it says. On the bottom of the DBV-200 there is a cutout and you can see several dipswitches, post a photo of that too. I think all of the switches should be OFF, if they are you can try changing switch #10 to ON to see if that gets it to working.

Also, your machine has to have the bill validator set to Enabled in the setting/preferences, if it is disabled you will need to use a SET chip. You can press the white TEST button inside the machine and bring up the menu on the front display. Press the TEST button a few times until you see step 9. If it says "9-0" then the bv is disabled. A SET chip will let you change this to read "9-1".

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline jplynn711

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 12:13:49 PM »

3 reel s-plus

Offline jplynn711

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 12:25:46 PM »
I have valadator out but I dont see any dip switches on the bottom of it

Offline jplynn711

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 12:29:56 PM »
ok I had to remove a little cover .all the dips are down in of position .

all are off so i switched 10 on .Now when powering up the bill val. cycles but not as long as before but still does not accept .

And I think I pushed the white button wrong because now it wont even take quarters now .it shows a 21 .Is there a list of menu settings and a step by step to access menu. I never could get to the 9-0 and 9-1 setting you are talking about .got everything but a 9 lol.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 01:17:07 PM »
for right now don't worry about the bill unit not working, lets get the machine back to accepting coins first.

unplug the white connector on the 200 head (front one) this will remove power from the unit, now we don't have to worry about it right now.

close and latch the main door, this should reset the tilt code 21, what happens when you do this?

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline jplynn711

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 01:17:46 PM »
I did get a igt set chip and just did it .I reset to 9-1 .(it was on 9-0) .
reinstalled  game prom and powered up and it shows a 61 in winner paid .On inside of machine it has a paper tag that says 61 is bad cmos ram .WTF

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 01:21:18 PM »
you have to clear the 61 code, press the white test button, should see a 61-1, now close the door and latch down, now turn the jackpot key one time, it should load the game or go back to a 61 code, if it goes back to 61, then you have to clear the machine.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline jplynn711

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2018, 01:30:42 PM »
it went back to 61  :duh:

I have he igt clear chip also .Do I use this now

Offline jplynn711

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2018, 02:19:10 PM »
for right now don't worry about the bill unit not working, lets get the machine back to accepting coins first.

unplug the white connector on the 200 head (front one) this will remove power from the unit, now we don't have to worry about it right now.

close and latch the main door, this should reset the tilt code 21, what happens when you do this?

Jim

went back to 21 .it will spin reels one time after closing door then 21 comes on right after or when i insert a coin it comes back on .I hit rest button clears it but when I put another coin in it goes back to 21

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2018, 02:21:48 PM »
If you use the CLEAR chip you will create a lot of headaches for yourself, so don't use it unless told to. It is a last resort type of thing. Follow the advice here on trying to fix the errors you are seeing before you try using the CLEAR chip.

Like Jim said, it is best to get the machine back to working with no errors, they figure out the bill validator problem.

The photo you posted of the DBV-200 shows it has a sticker with ID-023, that is good. When you turn it over does the eprom on the bottom side have a label? If the sticker on the top is still valid (no one has upgraded the eprom with newer software) then your DBV-200 has fairly old software. And dipswitch #10 should be OFF. See below:

-EDIT- even though the bill validator may have older software it should still accept a $1 bill. So when you are troubleshooting the bill validator always use just a $1 bill. Later when it is working you can see what other bills it will accept.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 04:02:20 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline jplynn711

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2018, 02:36:53 PM »
right now the 61 error is gone but I cant get rid of the 21 .

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2018, 02:42:56 PM »
Error code 21 relates to a coin in problem. Post a photo showing the inside of the main door so we can see the coin comparitor and other coin stuff. And post a photo of the entire front of your machine, just to make sure we know what you have.

Was the machine working ok with coins before? If so what happened after that? When you close the door are you latching it too? (push down on the latch post to lock the door). The reels should spin to initialize.

Offline jplynn711

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2018, 02:48:43 PM »
Error code 21 relates to a coin in problem. Post a photo showing the inside of the main door so we can see the coin comparitor and other coin stuff. And post a photo of the front of your machine, just to make sure we know what you have.

Was the machine working ok with coins before? If so what happened after that? When you close the door you are latching it too? (push down on the latch post to lock the door). The reels should spin to initialize.

I had no problem with coin compairitor until I started pushing the white rest button to get to the 9-0 or 9-1 setting .It has been working fine except bill taker for months .When I tried to push white button too much I guess thats when the 21 came up .
When I rest it it will spin after closing doors like always and with out putting in a coin the 21 comes on

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2018, 03:28:24 PM »
21 code is something to do with the coin input circuits, usually the coin in optics,  with the 21 displayed, open the door, press the white "test" button and it will place you in the machine diagnostic mode, press the button until you get to the input test indicated by a 10_1 in the winners display window, now with the machine as is ,unplug the cc-16 and remove it from its holder, now place a Popsicle stick or something close to it, in the opening where the coin typically would pass, move it from side to side, the 10_1 should change to a 10_0 at some point, advance to 11_1, do the same , also press the tiny white button beneath the plug for the optic it should also change the 11_1 to a 11_0, do the same for 12_1, this will test all the optics, all must show a change.

Jim 

Signature:

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2018, 03:48:30 PM »

3 reel s-plus

Moved to the S+ Forum

Offline jplynn711

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2018, 04:26:51 PM »
21 code is something to do with the coin input circuits, usually the coin in optics,  with the 21 displayed, open the door, press the white "test" button and it will place you in the machine diagnostic mode, press the button until you get to the input test indicated by a 10_1 in the winners display window, now with the machine as is ,unplug the cc-16 and remove it from its holder, now place a Popsicle stick or something close to it, in the opening where the coin typically would pass, move it from side to side, the 10_1 should change to a 10_0 at some point, advance to 11_1, do the same , also press the tiny white button beneath the plug for the optic it should also change the 11_1 to a 11_0, do the same for 12_1, this will test all the optics, all must show a change.

Jim
I see no change it stays 10_1 .When I push little white button on bottom of of coin thing it does not change to 11_1 or anything else

Offline jplynn711

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2018, 06:25:55 PM »
Ok update :

So I had to take out coin optics boards and I cleaned everything up with some qtips and reinstalled .The 21 code is gone and coins work fine now .Had some dust in it .
I installed set chip after I played a bunch of coins to get bill validator working.
I set it to 9_1 ,it was 9_0
reinstalled game chip and powered it up .
everything works but still bill changer does not work  :duh:
I even went back and tried to install the original bill validator but same old same old.
Now after spending 6+ hours on this POS I am right back where I started from, I feel like sticking a screwdriver in my eye, right about now  lol

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 237
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2018, 06:36:11 PM »
Did you set denomination?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal