New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Double Diamond S2000 Handle  (Read 3577 times)

Offline jim249

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • jim249 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Double Diamond S2000 Handle
« on: February 12, 2018, 02:16:22 PM »
The handle on my machine is stuck in the down position. Upon starting to remove it, I noticed this zip tie around the solenoid area. What is it for and also where does the cabinet light plug into? Thanks for any help.

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Double Diamond S2000 Handle
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 03:44:54 PM »
The cabinet light hangs on the rear of the BV housing. You should find the harness near there. The zip tie looks like someone's attempt to keep a malfunctioning solenoid from locking the pull handle. It probably needs a new solenoid or may just have a broken spring. The solenoid can be removed completely if you so choose to prevent the handle from locking. Personally I would repair or replace it.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline jim249

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 03:56:20 PM »
I reached up where the solenoid is and can push it in and the spring pushes it back out. I have read elsewhere that the solenoid will lock the lever in the up position , not in the down position. I have reached around inside the lever assembly to try and unlock it to get to the one mounting nut, but to no avail. Attached is the best picture I could get of the locked assy. Thanks for any help.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 04:00:35 PM »
Appears the spring on the left is broken as there's no tension on it like the spring on the right. Get an allen wrench and deep well socket to remove and rebuild the handle assembly. Dealers on the home page can get you the parts you need

Offline jim249

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 04:15:06 PM »
Just checked the spring. There is tension and it is not broken. The spring on the right is stretched because it is the return spring for the handle. Thanks

Parts diagram says the spring on the left is also a return spring for the handle.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 04:42:45 PM by jim249 »

Offline markb7605

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 04:41:32 PM »
the release paw needs wd40 iv had this happen before its easier to get to with unit out of machine 
Thank You
  Mark

Offline jim249

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 04:50:48 PM »
Thanks. I found it. Stiff and does not move well. Clear in back and on the bottom. Thanks again.
If you have a straw for your wd-40, it can be reached through the hole in the outer case. :applause:

Offline markb7605

• markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 04:52:49 PM »
handle down release paw
Thank You
  Mark

Offline jim249

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 05:24:28 PM »
The cabinet light hangs on the rear of the BV housing. You should find the harness near there. The zip tie looks like someone's attempt to keep a malfunctioning solenoid from locking the pull handle. It probably needs a new solenoid or may just have a broken spring. The solenoid can be removed completely if you so choose to prevent the handle from locking. Personally I would repair or replace it.
Yep. You are so right. I cut the tie off and now the handle won't work because the solenoid is not working. Time to chase that problem down now. Thanks

Offline markb7605

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2018, 05:58:55 PM »
normally bad solenoid causes that
Thank You
  Mark

Offline jim249

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2018, 06:11:06 PM »
Sure looks like it. I have 24vdc going to the solenoid at the connector, all the pins look ok with none of the male pins pushed out. Time to take it apart again and replace the solenoid. Sigh.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2018, 08:21:52 PM »
you can remove the solenoid without removing the entire handle unit,  you can also repair the solenoid, there is a bridge rectifier mounted under the protective wrap.  they cost around 1.00   solder and unsolder 4 connections  and rewrap the wrap.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline jim249

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2018, 11:29:41 AM »
What is the measured resistance of an arm coil with the bridge rectifier? Thanks

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2018, 11:56:02 AM »
basically you have 4 diodes set in a diamond pattern, you just measure each diode as one, measure the front and back resistance of each.  you will see the difference when one or more are bad.  front resistance is usually  measured in  kilo  units X1000, or say 30 thousand ohms.  back resistance should be open or infinite ( no resistance at all).  in order to do this you have to expose the bridge to be able to get to all four points, google a bride rectifier and you will see the schematic layout of the diamond configuration,  the line indicates the negative portion of the diode, the end of the triangle indicates the positive side of the diode,  the function of a diode is to limit current flow in one direction, so (depending on the polarity of your meter) if you put the black lead on the negative lead and the red lead on the positive lead, current flow should flow through the diode and give you a resistance reading, when you reverse bias the diode (flip the leads) no resistance reading at all.

hope this makes sense

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal