New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S2000 woes  (Read 1365 times)

Offline Crackerjack86

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Crackerjack86 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S2000 woes
« on: August 09, 2018, 02:12:00 PM »
Spoke to Chris at Ohio Gaming Slots and he said until I got my jackpot reset key I couldnt do anything with my error clad machine. With thd machine on and door open I got my key, twisted key 4 times in an On-Off fashion, ...goes through its little prompt, push test button 2-3 seconds...check....close door....the VFD says play two credits, reels spin and land on all 7s...clousure M and printer head up appear along with call attendant...previously i had removed the Varta battery and U16..and cleaned around the batteries space...possible damage to U77 and D4....any input would be helpful.My board by the way is 504 version B

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: IGT S2000 woes
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 02:30:17 PM »
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but when you remove a Varta battery from a 50X series MPU you do not remove any other components, only the battery.  U16 is a required component on 50X boards, I hope you can reinstall it, if not it's time to look for a new MPU board.

When you remove the Varta battery from a 1270 Enhanced MPU then you have to remove U16 as well. 

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 02:37:24 PM »
The U16 mod is for 1270 boards not 500 series. If there's acid damaged it's either toast or destined to fail. Use a key chip to disable the printer & see if the error goes away. Then diagnose from there. Could actually be a printer problem.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Crackerjack86

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 04:20:33 PM »
have no chip keys, someone please point me where to buy a plug and play board that just requires installation

Offline Crackerjack86

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 04:41:53 PM »
ill figure it out thx

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2018, 05:09:13 PM »
have no chip keys, someone please point me where to buy a plug and play board that just requires installation
You won't find one.  If you get a new MPU board you'll have to move your game EPROMs to the new board, and will have some error messages that will appear for the initial boot process.  Usually they can be cleared by turning the jackpot reset key and following the the directions on the display.  You should get a keychip for it, you'll need it sooner or later. Work with Ohio Gaming, they're good folks and will help you get it running.

Offline Crackerjack86

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 06:51:13 PM »
Tilt, is their a specific way to remove and place those?

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2018, 07:21:03 PM »
Yes, there is.  But work with Ohio Gaming, they will help you get running.

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2018, 11:20:56 AM »
looks like u16 handles the clock for the digital pot, the chip that controls the leds on the front, and a few things in regard to vbit don't think vbit is needed tho it looks like it only is part of the simm expansion slots and as far as i know were not used. i would think the board should still work just without sound and status leds. u77 is communications board stuff so unless you have stuff that needs it also should not be necessary. d4 is a diode that is in the voltage regulator circuit. could be a problem but i have seen these very bad damaged and still work. you probably have trace damage.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal