New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 Replace Ballast and F15T8 with LED  (Read 10526 times)

Offline jmine

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • jmine New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S2000 Replace Ballast and F15T8 with LED
« on: November 15, 2014, 11:28:40 AM »
I have two S2000 machines, one had the F15T8 fluorescents converted to LED's. The other still uses the stock assembly. I would like to convert the stock machine to LED's but can not find a source for the conversion kit. I pulled one of the converted LED bulbs, but it has no label on it at all! It is sitting in the stock F15T8 holder, but has two hard wire leads coming from one end of the tube that are hard wired to the power that was connected to the Ballast. The Ballast is still there but has no power to it any longer. Can anyone tell me where I could order three of these conversion LED bulbs? 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 08:07:40 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
Re: S2000 Replace Ballast and F15T8 with LED
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 01:13:04 PM »
There are some here, but you may hunt around and find some cheaper......

http://na.suzohapp.com/gaming_products/lighting/91-1017-00

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 05:55:14 AM »
Look out for HAPP's mystery shipping 
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline jmine

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 09:40:45 AM »
Well, I am going to give the following a try and let you all know how it goes:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LightPro-F15T8-LED-Lamp-Assembly-91-1017-00-/381020322605?

This unit comes with wires and a connector to plug directly into the cable that was connected to the ballast. Looks like you just unplug the ballast and plug into the replacement LED tube. My concern is there is no diffuser (It has a clear plastic tube), and this may give uneven lighting behind the glass.

The second one I'm going to try:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-F15T8-Tube-Lamp-7W-18-inch-10-30VDC/121417424635?

This unit seems to be in a frosted tube, so may give a more even light. However it will require to rewire the existing fixture, bypassing the ballast and to feed 24V directly to the pins on the lamp. + to one side and - to the other. A little more work, but cost less and may be worth the extra effort.

I will have these in my hands next week, but not sure if I will have time to install them until after Thanksgiving. I will provide an update once I have had a chance to install them in the machine. Check back for my follow up.

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 09:55:06 AM »
The first one on your ebay list are the same ones from Happ.
Do these look similar to the ones you have in your other machine?
I really like the look of these bulbs. I know many NLG members have them as well.

Offline jmine

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 02:44:36 PM »
The Red, White and Blue was already converted to LED's when I got it. The tubes are frosted and provide nice even lighting across the front of the glass. (See Pic)

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 05:03:18 PM »
I like the sound of the $15 one's too. Let us know.

the rockin elvis

Offline jmine

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 02:50:34 PM »
OK so the first bulb I wanted to try came in today, and I was able to find time to try it out. I tested it with the reel glass as I thought this to be the most critical. The one I tested was http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-F15T8-Tube-Lamp-7W-18-inch-10-30VDC/121417424635? This is the 15.00 LED bulb that required me to rewire the fixture. So the following pictures show before and after, along with the simple diagram that came with the bulb. You will see from the picture of the bulb lit, it is a nice smooth light, and very bright. I didn't have any shrink wrap, but made due with solder and black tape. I noticed one thing after the bulb was installed, you can swivel it in the pin clips to adjust the light direction, as only the front 1/2 of the bulb is glass and the back is aluminum. So far I like it. I'll let you know how the other bulbs work out when they get here. 

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 05:44:41 PM »
How about a picture of the bulb with the wiring?

the rockin elvis

Offline jmine

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2014, 07:37:34 PM »
The bulb has no wiring. It looks just like a standard fluorescent bulb. The fixture needs to be re wired as shown in in diagram 0984 and picture 0981 near the center bottom. I simply cut the connector and took the two brown wires from one end of the fixture and connected them to the orange wire, and the other two brown wires from the other end of the fixture to the orange wire with the tracer (These are the wires that applied power to the ballast that is removed). Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks.   

Offline jmine

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2014, 12:05:38 PM »
OK so the second set of LED bulbs came in today. This is the one listed here on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LightPro-F15T8-LED-Lamp-Assembly-91-1017-00-/381020322605?

I ordered three of these. The first one I replaced was behind the Round top payout glass. It was very simple, just unplug the ballast and the replacement lamp has a connector that plugs into the plug you removed from the ballast. Problem was the first bulb I tried had two LED's not working. I contacted the seller, and he is sending a replacement out today (very good customer service). The light looks good in this application as there is sufficient distance from the bulb to the glass to not have bright spots. The second one I replaced was the belly door, this was also simple, and I learned the caps on the ends pull off so you can adjust the direction of the light. The problem here was as I expected, the closeness to the glass causes hot spots and low dispersion of the light. Notice in the picture the words Triple Diamond have very little light while the diamonds have hot spots and are bright. (But may be OK for diamonds!) See Pictures.

So in summary my feeling is this. The non-frosted tubes with the wiring would be good for areas where the tube is not so close to the glass, like behind the payout glass. The frosted bulb with no leads that requires rewiring the fixture, would be best in the reel glass and belly glass, but you will need to be handy with wire cutters and a soldering gun.

Offline cyenergy

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • cyenergy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2015, 03:25:09 PM »
work great nice white lite and half frosted and half clear so you can adjust i have done hundreds and not one failure over two years.
26 year Union Slot Tech.

Offline KirkLasVegas

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • KirkLasVegas New User has no influence.
  • Yoda dog!
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2015, 07:19:31 PM »
A added feature of the LED tubes are that they DO NOT bleach your reel strips.
The UV light(Remember these tubes make UV and phosphor inside makes the white light)from the old tubes is what destroys them, they will remain nice and colorful.

Kirk

Offline cyenergy

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2015, 07:40:51 PM »
yes they do not bleach your strips or make your inserts crunchy i love them .
26 year Union Slot Tech.

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2015, 07:54:28 PM »
Does that also mean that they will not fade your glass as well?
yes they do not bleach your strips or make your inserts crunchy i love them .

Offline cyenergy

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2015, 10:01:31 PM »
not sure my glass is clear i know some people tint to bring down the brightness.
26 year Union Slot Tech.

Offline cyenergy

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2015, 04:49:31 PM »
No it does not fade the glass either they work awesome.
26 year Union Slot Tech.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal