New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Loss of one of our Family...  (Read 30281 times)

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Re: Loss of one of our Family...
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2015, 09:31:13 PM »
Sheet,  I posted earlier when I seen/heard of the news.  Ever since I have been down in the dumps and upset.  Joey,  If you need some donations for Buzz (CG) count me in.  Can't do much but I would think it would add up.  -----Barry,  777sizzler.

I have just been a mess since I read the post this morning, still am...I talked to him for an hour and a half on the phone like 2-3 weeks ago (that was about average for our phone calls, lol). He was doing OK, but not 100%. Had enjoyed a bpvisit from StatFreak, talked about his holidays (again, lol) etc. Still cussing the hospitals and doctors and gossiping about people like he always did. Nothing different, he was a little tired of the "know it alls" on the site, (still pissed that Joey for made some members from the old site Senior Memebers when they hadnt earned it! Sorry Joey, but its the truth! you know Buzz!), but other than that, nothing real new. Just Buzz being Buzz...

Looking back, I cherish that phone call, and will remember it always....

Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2015, 09:46:32 PM »
I'm in the same boat as you guys.  I've been bummed out the whole day, tried to get busy by fixing some monitors, but I was too upset to do them right.  Will miss Buzz setting me straight when I faltered.  I will cherish his memories...

If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline MoolahDG

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • MoolahDG New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2015, 11:37:37 AM »
I am very sad to hear this. Buzz was an NLG legend who will never be replaced. He's probably helped more people than almost all of us combined have helped each other. I have read every single post here on this topic,  they are all relatively the same. We all appreciated him and learned from him every single day. I used to try and egg him on at times just so he can make me laugh with a story or two. He never let me down. I will never forget him. RIP Buzz. Thanks for the great memories!

Offline slots-4-u

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • slots-4-u Is working their way up.slots-4-u Is working their way up.slots-4-u Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2015, 12:33:41 PM »
Just heard from a friend about Buzz. R.I.P. Buzz. We will all miss your big mouth saying it the way you saw it. You helped a LOT of people.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2015, 01:12:38 PM »
I wish I had met Buzz personally... but he did help me with a number of things, which I really appreciated. I was looking forward to him returning a little more, after his stepping back a bit but that's not going to happen.  :( :( :(
I will truly MISS his posts/comments, humor and sarcasm and everything that made him such the unique person he was.

I looked up his very last post on NLG and it made me laugh! "...strippers taking off everything"
I'll never forget him.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Magicslots

• Same Guy, New Place
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Magicslots New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2015, 03:53:40 PM »
 :gloomy:   I am so very sad to hear of his passing. He was a wonderful guy, and helped me out many times.
I have always had respect for  a man who says what thinks, and doesn't worry about how anyone else feels about it.
 My prayers for his family, and all who knew him.   Rest easy with the Lord Buzz.  You will be greatly missed.
"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."  (Sir Winston Churchill)

Offline frosty170

• Reputation Power: 5
  • frosty170 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2015, 05:40:53 PM »
Buzz helped me with changing out my Sound chip, I had just got my first machine purchased a main board from Roz and then I just wanted to keep going new minty reel strips etc. Buzz sent me 2 sound simms and never worried about the dollars just wanted to help me get my machine up, I kept thinking who sends parts without asking for the money first....that would be Buzz from what I learned...Buzz you will be missed.
Dave

Offline THOR777

• Reputation Power: 0
  • THOR777 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2015, 06:14:20 PM »
   RIP Buzz,
   When I met you at NLG 4th of July party 4 or 5 years ago you left a lasting impression on me of being the type of good guy that would do anything he could to help out someone that needed it. I've seen you dish out some amazing acts of kindness and you were ALWAYS there to volunteer in any way you could. When I left Arizona I remember us chatting  for hours by phone catching up on things a few years later. You will be truly missed be many.
My condolences to all that knew him and his NLG "family".

Thor777
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 07:24:01 AM by Ron (r273) »
Chance Favours the Prepared Mind...

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2015, 06:33:15 PM »
I'm going to miss Buzz and his tell it like it is postings. If you did a bone head thing, he would let you know.. He helped me out a few time with my first S2K machines when I didn't have the proper SIMM card or game chips.. Like someone else said, he would send you the part without asking for a payment up front.. He will be missed, and NLG will never be the same without him around...  R.i.P. Buzz..

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Neonkiss New User barely matters.Neonkiss New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2015, 06:53:48 PM »
WOW, I just read this and felt sick....
So many have already said how he lived his life and the respect he got for just being the person he was.
I can't even put into words my feelings right now, but many have done a wonderful job of saying how I feel at this moment.

Buzz truly will be missed.

A few of the best comments so far and how I choose to remember him...

His abrupt comments were always entertaining.
Dan (tacman)

He told me his views on funeral services as well, and said "What's the point Roz? It ain't gonna change anything."

Buzz  was a kind and very giving person. He truly would help anyone who needed anything. And he usually did it for free.
Sincerely,
Jim         

Will especially miss your upfront comments on NLG and more importantly your policing of the BS  :talktothehand:  ...a man who knew how to call a spade a spade...

Jim

I always looked forward to reading his posts and comments. RIP BUZZ

[big] A Man That Helped So Many People... God Bless you My Friend .. John[/big]

You all have said so much and exactly how I feel... one can see not only how he lived his life but the lasting impressions he left on all his friends here at NLG.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 07:15:00 PM by Neonkiss »

Offline UNIMAN

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 134
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2015, 07:27:15 PM »
Rough and gruff on the outside, but a soft hearted generous man on the inside. Nothing but respect and admiration for the man.

Damn

Offline teamclark4

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • teamclark4 New User barely matters.teamclark4 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2015, 10:04:45 PM »
He was always there to help anyone; me included. Checked in with him in January and he said he had some heart issues in December, but was doing better and thought he was ok now.

Never met him in person, was looking forward to meeting him at the April drawing at NLG Headquarters.

Bummed out like others.

Offline SilverFerret

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • SilverFerret New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2015, 07:29:15 AM »
RIP Buzz
Like many of you have stated, Buzz was always willing to help no matter how new and inexperienced (like in my situation) a slot enthusiast may be. I had spoken with him many times on the phone and had the honor of meeting him at his home where he amazed me with trailers full of slot machines and slot machine parts. He helped me many times (as all of you have) but Buzz was my "go to guy". He will be sorely missed.
ThankYou Buzz.
My deepest sympathy, Jim

Offline Mr. Dinoman

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2015, 07:42:09 AM »
RIP BUZZ!!!
I have been away for a few days and just learned of his passing...He is a legend and will be missed deeply...He has help many including me so many times in the past...I loved reading his posts as he would call it as he saw it...Got to love that!...I never met him, but was looking forward to it if I had the chance...It would have been a honer!...You and your posts will live in my heart for a long time coming...
RIP

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2015, 09:43:06 AM »
Buzz was one hell of a guy....I don't know where he found the energy at his age!
I talked to him only one time on the phone from out here in New York...for probably over an hour!
It was getting real late and the last thing I told him was "Go To Bed!!! "  :spank:
He laughed and said "Hey! Don't tell ME what to do Bunker!"  :rotfl:
We hung up our phones laughing and I went to bed smiling thinking about all he said!
We inboxed each other  probably a couple hundred times about all sorts of things.

Yes...he was rough and gruff on the outside - but inside, that man had a heart of gold.
I'm proud to say that he was my friend I never had a chance to meet up with which I now regret very much.
...rest in peace Buzz. You were the best.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2015, 09:34:37 PM »
Sorry to hear. Our prayers go out to Buzz's family.

Offline MrBellMan

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • MrBellMan New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2015, 11:30:13 AM »
Very sad to hear.

RIP Buzz...

Offline TheAirBalancer

• Reputation Power: 14
  • TheAirBalancer New User has no influence.
  • TheAirBalancer
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2015, 08:19:02 PM »
He was so gloriously cantankerous and I really loved reading his posts and getting to know him, and his generosity was second to none.

Condolences to his family. RIP my friend...
:az_flag:

Offline edski

• Reputation Power: 0
  • edski New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2015, 08:07:38 AM »
RIP Buzz.

Offline FoRrHouse

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • FoRrHouse New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2015, 03:56:30 PM »
I haven't been on here since very early last week. I'm stunned to say the least. I just talked with him a little over a week ago. Even though I never met him I considered him a good friend. We talked a lot, usually for over an hour. I enjoyed talking with him. He was a great guy. He was definitely generous.  When I would answer the phone, he would always say, "Eric, this is Buzz."  I kind of got a kick out of that, because I knew his voice immediately when I heard it.  I will really miss talking with him. He told me too that he was very tired lately. I remember him saying, "those damn doctor's don't know what the hell they're doing! Seems like every time I go in it's almost like they have a list of diagnosis on the wall and they throw a dart at it.  Which ever one it hits, that's the one you've got!" I was worried about him.
My condolences to his family and to all of his friends here on NLG.  He will be sorely missed! And to you Buzz, rest in piece my friend. It's with a sad heart that I say goodbye.

Eric

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal