New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Triple Diamone Haywire Door Open M and Bill Validator Stacking Error Issue  (Read 10139 times)

Offline codeman00

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • codeman00 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
I too have the same problem with my Triple Diamond Haywire (still under warranty).  Instead of starting a new thread, I decided there are enough people following this one that I would add it here.

My issue started with the bill validator not accepting bills.  It accepted the first 4 bills and then nothing else.  The bill would go about 20% in and then spit back out.  I called my seller and they noted to remove the cash box and insert it again...then to remove the bill validator and put it back in.  Still the same issue.  They are sending me another bill validator which isn't here yet.

The next day, I decided to try to open the cash box to retrieve my test dollars, which I did.  In addition, through info on this forum about bills not being accepted, I removed and opened the bill validator components just to make sure nothing was dirty, etc.  I cleaned everything and put everything back together.  I then got the dreaded Door Open M and Bill Validator Stacking Error and I cannot clear it! 

Since it was a new problem, I called my seller again and I spent about an hour going through door switches, optical switches, the cash box, etc etc.  He noted that once we got the Door Open M error fixed, the other would go away.  We shorted the door switches on purpose, checked them with an ohm meter, removed the main board and checked for bent pins, checked the behind the bottom glass switch and still the same errors remain.  I keep hearing that the cash box not being seated could cause this so I have taken it out and reseated it many times...well at the end of the tech support phone call, I notice that the short metal guide pin on the right side of the cash box has broke off and now the lever is not operable (the box comes straight out). There is not one on the left side either...no side pins on the cash box at all.  The tech noted that that is a huge problem and will cause the bill stacking error. 

Anyway, I'm calling tech support tomorrow to go through it with their head tech support person to make sure whatever parts are shipped are everything I need.  It sounds like the fix might be in this thread but I don't understand what to do with the key and what to input  If anyone has any insight onto this, let me know.   I'll keep you posted.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 07:16:17 AM by codeman00 »

Offline codeman00

• NLG
Buzz, I tried lifting the door lever up for a few seconds and then lowering it.  I did it numerous times and it does nothing to clear the Door Open Error.  That's great to know that the machine should work without a BV or a cashbox....but I still can't get around the Door Open M error. 

Offline Buzz

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
First OFF this Webb site is deader than a door nail, you need to go to newlifegames.com and reg over there to get any help. ( same people, same forum different location.) I received a email that you had posted is the only reason I'm here.

A S 2000 machine will work fine without a BV or cash can installed. To clear the error is real easy, just lift the main door latch wait a couple of seconds and then lower it all the way down ( Make sure it is going all the way down ) Do this three or four times and the error should clear. What is going on here is a S 2000 will clear one error and only one error each time the main door is opened and closed, so were assuming you have more than one error so that is why I say to open and close the main door latch 3 or 4 times.

The cash can will work without being latched but will be a pain in the butt and should be repaired ( replaced ) If you will remove the cash can and look at the very rear top of the chassis where the can was installed you will two small black ears sticking down. When the can is installed the can will push up those ears and the top part of those ears will block two optics that are located in the bottom rear of the transport, If you will remove the BV and watch the bottom rear, and install the cash can you can see the two flags come up. There is all the chance in the world that the can will not stay in for enough to take any money, if this happens close the main door and open the lower belly glass door. Hold the can in with one hand and feed bills in with the other hand. I've never had to do this but I know it will work. Good Luck.
PUT BRAIN IN GEAR BEFORE PUTTING MOUTH IN MOTION

Offline Buzz

• Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
You didn't say anything about still having a BV error, so maybe we don't have any errors at all and the machine is just waiting for you to add credits and play.

You won't see this very often but depending on your software will show on the VFD "Door Open" until one complete game has been played. If when you close the main door and the reels spin on boot up, stop, and the buttons lite up, the machine is just waiting for money.

I have got to go to work but if the machine still still doesn't work I'm sure someone will jump in here and give you a hand.

Offline codeman00

• NLG
I had to go to work too!  Here's the morning update....

Tech Support walked me through re-seating the boards, making sure the door was closed, making sure the switches worked, etc.  Still the same Door Open M and Bill Validator Stacking Error.  Nothing has changed.  Tech support analysis is that its a bad board...maybe the little bit of corrosion on the green battery?  I don't know.  They are shipping me a bill validator, cash box, and main board.  I'm going to move over my chips from my board to the other main board.  The think this will fix the issue.

Buzz, I tried the up and down with the door latch several times and still the problem was there. I have not tried your cash box checks and tips...I figured I will have a new box tomorrow, so I will just try it with a good box.  Things changed with the Bill Validator problem.  When this first started, Bills would insert and activate credits fine for 3-4 bills.  Then the bills would go in slightly and then be spit back out.  Then after removing the entire bill validator and checking it, the Door OPEN M and Bill Validator Stacking Errors showed up and have been there ever since.  With the errors present and the main door closed, an inserted coin will fall through into the coin tray (game will not work). Yes, all of the reels light up, and it looks like its ready to go (expect for the bill validator which is not lit).

I think we are all on the same page that the Door Open M error has to cleared before I can do anything else. That's what I'm struggling with.

1) The cash box door sensor has the wires shorted together fooling the switch.  T
2) The behind the bottom glass switch has proven to be functional with an ohm-meter and also the button is depressed with the glass door closed.
3) I marked the main door optical sensor with a marking and they do line up perfectly.
4) The nub on the side of the cashbox is completely broken off which from what I've read could cause the problem.

I'm kind of in between tech support (warranty) and getting other help now.  If they are going to help send me parts and willing to work with me, that's great.  I wanted to post this on the forum to see if i could pick up any more information, tips, and tricks...and see what your thoughts and opinions are.  Its interesting that this guy had the same problem with the same machine.  http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?action=printpage;topic=23643.0

Offline foster

• The S2000 Guru
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • foster New User barely matters.foster New User barely matters.
if you are having issues with the cash box because  the alignment pin is missing

You can remove or disconnect the Bill Acceptor the machine will function with the Bill acceptor removed or disconnected.
You just need to open and close main latch a few times to clear any errors/tilts.
I have a UBA 10 that is temperamental, and when I do not feel like dealing with it, I just unplug it.

it is easier to buy another cash can
WBA cans are abundant from our vendors or from eBay.

As long as you have a tilt you will see a M door error of some kind usually.

Coca-Cola and Slot Machine Addict

If you find this site helpful
Please Consider Making a Donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth. OR Subscribe to NLG

Offline codeman00

• NLG
if you are having issues with the cash box because  the alignment pin is missing

You can remove or disconnect the Bill Acceptor the machine will function with the Bill acceptor removed or disconnected.
You just need to open and close main latch a few times to clear any errors/tilts.
I have a UBA 10 that is temperamental, and when I do not feel like dealing with it, I just unplug it.

it is easier to buy another cash can
WBA cans are abundant from our vendors or from eBay.

As long as you have a tilt you will see a M door error of some kind usually.

I have a new cash box on the way tomorrow via FedEx.  My machine is under warranty and tech support is free so they are sending me another cash box, along with a few other things.  My replacement bill validator arrived today too.  Of course, inserting it didn't clear my Door Open M error.

Interesting about removing the bill acceptor.  If I just pull it out, does that mean that it's removed and I can bypass it?  So I tried it.. pulled the cash box out and pulled the bill validator out.  I powered it up, cycled the door lever up and down several times and it still won't clear the Door Open M and Bill stacker error.  Like noted above, the Door Open M error is the main error that needs cleared.  Hopefully the new main board with the chips swapped out will fix it tomorrow.

Keep the ideas coming, I'm willing to try almost anything.  The help is appreciated.

Offline Buzz

• NLG
It's to bad they aren't sending you a set of door optics along with the other parts. I have a hunch after you install those three new parts the machine still isn't going to work. You have a BV error that won't clear, why, door optic are the only ansewer.

I just went to one of my machines and removed the cash can, closed the door and the machine plays, opened the door and removed the BV the machine still plays. Why, my door optics are good and the BV error clears when I close the door.

I'm not a big fan for bypassing the door optics, but this is a option while your waiting for parts.

Sorry I posted without reading your last post. ( slow typing )

You don't have a Door Open error, what you have is the machine telling you the door is open. If the door optics are bad the machine doesn't know you closed the door.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 06:20:23 PM by Buzz »

Offline codeman00

• NLG
It's to bad they aren't sending you a set of door optics along with the other parts. I have a hunch after you install those three new parts the machine still isn't going to work. You have a BV error that won't clear, why, door optic are the only ansewer.

I just went to one of my machines and removed the cash can, closed the door and the machine plays, opened the door and removed the BV the machine still plays. Why, my door optics are good and the BV error clears when I close the door.

I'm not a big fan for bypassing the door optics, but this is a option while your waiting for parts.

Your logic makes a lot of sense.  If would have thought of that, I would have told them to put it in the box.  I have my 40 birthday party on Saturday and finally got my bonus room set up in my new house...and this was the unveiling of the Triple Diamond Haywire.  I too feel that after a lot of work, its still not going to work.  We'll see.  Is there an easy way to bypass the door optics?  I saw the sticky on the main page but it looks a tad complicated for me in the time that I have.  A lot of times the description has items in it that I don't really know what they look like.

Offline Buzz

• NLG
Where are you located ??  PM me with your phone number.

Offline codeman00

• NLG
Where are you located ??  PM me with your phone number.

Iphone updated.  I'll poke around in the mean time and see if I can get up to speed on what is in there.

Offline codeman00

• NLG

Sorry I posted without reading your last post. ( slow typing )

You don't have a Door Open error, what you have is the machine telling you the door is open. If the door optics are bad the machine doesn't know you closed the door.

Buzz, thank you! After a little coaching of how to trick the door optics, it worked great! I ended up hooking up the optic wires to the door's cherry switch so it does work with opening and closing the door as intended.  A couple of trips and all of the errors were cleared.  Its pretty obvious that the optic switch was not working.  THANK YOU!!  The machine works just like its supposed to and now it takes bills too thanks to the new bill validator that they sent me. In fact, the bill validator actually sounds healthy now and powerful. 

I still don't trust the cash box (with the broken side nub) but for right now I have it jammed in there and working. I'll trade it out tomorrow when the new one gets here but it looks like I won't have to trade out the board and chips, etc.

I really appreciate everyone's help!

Offline codeman00

• NLG
The replacement cash box has arrived and it has pins on both sides.  This one is in great shape.  All is working well.  :applause: Thank you Buzz and thank you to this board.

Offline Buzz

• NLG
Cody  I got to thinking, before this trouble started you said the BV would except a few bills and then reject the rest of them. There is a chance the dealer has your credit limits set pretty low. If this new BV starts doing the same thing, the limits can be changed without needing a Key chip.

For what it's worth Chris @ Slot Machine LTD is he one that sold this machine and from what I've read here his after sales service looks pretty damn good.   :clap: :clap:

Offline codeman00

• NLG
Cody  I got to thinking, before this trouble started you said the BV would except a few bills and then reject the rest of them. There is a chance the dealer has your credit limits set pretty low. If this new BV starts doing the same thing, the limits can be changed without needing a Key chip.

For what it's worth Chris @ Slot Machine LTD is he one that sold this machine and from what I've read here his after sales service looks pretty damn good.   :clap: :clap:

I'll keep an eye on that.  I can tell that the new bill validator is MUCH more healthy sounding than the last one but I'm not sure if that means anything. 

Yes, Chris has been a ton of help to me throughout the buying process. I highly recommend him and his company to anyone.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal