New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Reel 1 Tilt  (Read 7199 times)

Offline gposing

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • gposing New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Reel 1 Tilt
« on: March 20, 2014, 06:09:47 PM »
I just got a S2000 5 reel slot machine.  It was working fine last night, but when I turned it on tonight, reel 1 will not initialize.  I swapped reel 1 and 2 and the problems always sticks with what is in the reel one position, so I know it is not the reel.   I checked the harness and everything "looks good".  MPU has a new 3.6v battery.

Thanks
Gary

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
Re: Reel 1 Tilt
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 07:15:44 PM »
Try turning the machine on, with the door unlatched turn the reset key on the side. That will stop the reel from spinning, close the door and see if that takes care of it. Make sure the latch is all the way down.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 07:53:51 PM »
Like Verbs said, be sure the door optics are making up properly. Also make sure nothing is interfering with reel spin like a stray wire harness and whatnot

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 08:24:04 PM »
is it an enhanced board?

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 06:35:31 AM »
Good question Vtyler. Yes if it is an enhanced board the problem may be in the board. Recently had a problem where the 2nd reel did that. Replaced the board and the machine has been working great. Some component on the board was causing that.

Offline gposing

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 03:27:59 PM »
Yes it is an enhanced board.  Did you replace just the small piggy back board?

Offline Harvs

• Think!, While it's still legal...
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 03:33:51 PM »
What SG chips are you running on that enhanced board?

Harvs

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 04:14:02 PM »
No I had replaced the main board not the mmlb.

Offline gposing

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2014, 04:26:55 PM »
I will give it a try.  Also SG312

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2014, 04:30:03 PM »
I will give it a try.  Also SG312
You need 597 SG's for a 5Reel on an Enhanced (1270) board. 3xx SG's will cause tilts time and time again, 3xx are for 500 series boards.

I may have a set laying around, PM me if you need them.

Harvs

Offline gposing

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2014, 04:44:20 PM »
I found a set of 598 in one of my 3 reels without enhanced board.  I will swap them and see what happens

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2014, 04:47:22 PM »
I found a set of 598 in one of my 3 reels without enhanced board.  I will swap them and see what happens
598's are for 3Reel in an enhanced.. 523's work in a 3Reel and may work in a 5Reel.

597's are what you need. I have had "lazy" reels that the tilt would follow while using the wrong SG's..

Harvs :CaptainHappy: [size=78%]  [/size]

Offline gposing

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2014, 07:21:39 PM »
Found a set of 597 in my other 5 reel.  Same problem.  I am going to try new board tomorrow.

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2014, 07:44:25 PM »
More than likely you will find out its the board. If not the board poss but not likely the mother board. They seldom go bad from what I was told.

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2014, 08:01:00 PM »
Well thought the 597's would cure it.. I have yet to have a bad enhanced board (Knock on wood) - Hope the board swap fixes it..

Here's some tunes to enjoy while you are swapping boards.

David Gilmour First Solo Album Released In May 1978 Full Album

Cheers,
Harvs

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2014, 09:45:54 PM »
consider your self lucky Harvs i have had a few.  your reel drivers are the 5 big stand up ics in one of the corners of the board no clue what one goes to each reel tho. if you have the tools to do it you could look up a data sheet and see if one of them is not working properly. 

Offline gposing

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2014, 06:44:49 AM »
Board fixed it.  thanks for all of the help.

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2014, 07:17:46 AM »
Board fixed it.  thanks for all of the help.
Glad you got it working, Gary. :cool_thumb_up:  - Was it the entire board? Or the legacy/daughter board? Just curious.

Thanks,
Harvs

Offline gposing

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2014, 07:34:25 AM »
Main board.

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2014, 08:37:51 AM »
Glad you got it working.  :applause: I figured it would be the board. I haven't had many enhanced boards but had 2 bad ones already.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal