New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Looking for help with Triple Diamond S2000 tilt issue  (Read 3966 times)

Offline satelliteman

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • satelliteman New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Looking for help with Triple Diamond S2000 tilt issue
« on: March 21, 2014, 12:21:29 PM »
My brother-in-law's S2000 keeps throwing a "general reel tilt" code.  Sometimes you're able to play 5 or 6 games with no problem.  Other times it will tilt out on the 1st play.  Not always one particular reel. Sometimes all three will start the "slow spin", other times the 3rd reel, or even the 2nd & 3rd reels.  I'm able to reset it by opening the door, then turning the jackpot key.  Checked the reel harness connector.  Tried swapping the reels one at a time from a working machine.  Pulled the MPU board & reseated the chips.  No change, still tilts out.  Coin battery checks at 2.71V.  Don't know much about these IGT machines, so don't know want to do next.  Attached pic of machine and tag.

Offline rslots

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • rslots New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • Recreational Slots
Re: Looking for help with Triple Diamond S2000 tilt issue
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 03:00:39 PM »
When I have had this problem (especially when it is not associated with the same reel and intermittent), it was an issue with the alignment of the door optics.  So I would check to see that the emitter and receiver are positioned correctly.  They are adjustable.  But before mesing with the optics, I would make sure the door latch is all the way down since if it is not, then the optics will not be aligned well and the slightest movement could break the optical connection making the machine think somebody opened the door while the reels were spinning causing a general reel tilt. 

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 04:47:24 PM »
I would put a fresh battery in 1st. Sometimes when batteries get below 2.80 the machine could act funny. Recently a friend had a similar problem but just done it on start up. You were able to turn the key and the machine played until the next time it was turned on. I had him bring the machine over to me. I had it here several days and it played fine. We found out the he had to many other things running on the same circuit. Apparently the machine wasn't getting enough power upon start up. Could it be possible you may have something starting at different times? Maybe like a sump pump or such on the same circuit. Good luck...

Offline IFFV68

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • IFFV68 Is working their way up.IFFV68 Is working their way up.IFFV68 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 04:21:40 PM »
I've had this issue before.
Make sure your reels are not dragging on the inside of the VFD display.
I had one & realized the reel looked seated but wasn't in all the waty
Just another idea.
It's not what you can afford to Buy?
It's what you can afford to keep!

Offline Harp

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Harp New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 04:37:27 PM »
On Most occasions this type of issue is caused by Door Optics as mentioned by RSlots, I would also add that you need to check the Belly Glass Door as this is also connected to the Main Door circuit

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 06:03:03 PM »
I would put a fresh battery in 1st. Sometimes when batteries get below 2.80 the machine could act funny. Recently a friend had a similar problem but just done it on start up. You were able to turn the key and the machine played until the next time it was turned on. I had him bring the machine over to me. I had it here several days and it played fine. We found out the he had to many other things running on the same circuit. Apparently the machine wasn't getting enough power upon start up. Could it be possible you may have something starting at different times? Maybe like a sump pump or such on the same circuit. Good luck...

ABSOLUTELY!!!! On a 500 series board (not an enhanced), 2.8v is the ABSOLUTE lowest threshold for normal operation. I have seen machines rebuilt nearly from the ground up (with still no resolve) all due to a low, but not dead battery.....with NEVER a LOW BATTERY warning/error displayed. Save yourself the headache, and eliminate that first please!

P.S. Satelliteman - Here's your previous post where we addressed this 2-3 weeks ago with you.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=721.msg3122#new
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline satelliteman

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • satelliteman New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 12:31:25 PM »
Just wanted to say thanks to all for your input.  Turned out the problem was the door optics.  Haven't gotten around to replacing the battery yet, but machine is functioning properly at this time.

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 02:13:14 PM »
Glad to hear you got it working.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal