New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Vocabulary lesson needed please.  (Read 4614 times)

Offline Rane420

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Rane420 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Vocabulary lesson needed please.
« on: January 20, 2016, 08:42:02 AM »
Hello. 

Hopefully I have the simplist question of the day.  Rather than continuing to use the words "guide thingy that mounts on the validator head and closes the gap between the door bezel and the validator", I thought I would ask the group for the actual name of this part?  It will help me sound a bit less green and save a ton of typing :-)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 08:43:13 AM by Ron (r273) »
Corey

Offline jonm287

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • jonm287 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Vocabulary lesson needed please.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 10:56:38 AM »
Its simply known as the Bezel. Not to be confused with the door bezel.  Here's an example for an MEI BV:
http://patriotgaming.com/bill-validators/validator-parts/005-58146290p30.html

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 11:25:46 AM »
"guide thingy that mounts on the validator head and closes the gap between the door bezel and the validator"

I kinda liked your description better, but Bill Validator Bezel works just as good.  :rotfl:
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Rane420

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 11:55:11 AM »
Thanks all!  Validator bezel is much simpler to type!
Corey

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 01:30:17 PM »
They are also referred to as duckbill too, but I haven't seen that term used in a while. 
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 01:46:17 PM »
Also as the "Bill Guide"
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline Rane420

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 08:23:04 AM »
Thank you for the additional options.

My google searches have been much more productive with correct terminology.  "Thingy" just doesn't seem to hone in on a result set like you'd hope.

That said, I have run into some confusion in what I'm seeing.  I am missing the validator bezel on my WMS BB2 UBA (see how much smarter I sound when I just drop that in there). 

I see places that are selling what appears to be the same bezel that I have in my BB1 WBA saying that it is BB2 compatible and good for UBA.  These places range between $10 - $20.

http://www.texasslotsandgaming.com/product/jcm-wbauba-bill-acceptor-wms-bb1-bb2/

I also see a bezel that looks much different, only says it is for BB2 UBA and seeks between $175 - $300. 

http://m.ebay.com/itm/WMS-SMART-BEZEL-HD-027137-00-00-FOR-BLUE-BIRD-2-MADE-FOR-UBA-IVISION-WBA-/130940629110?nav=SEARCH

This results in two questions:

Will the $10 part work? 

Since the validator works now, it's just hard to line up the bill, it seems like if it mounts and looks ok when the door is closed, it wouldn't be an issue.

What could possibly make a bezel so cool that one would ever sell for$175 + ?

To refer back to my old way of referring to it, it's just the thingy that guides bills through maybe a two inch gap between the door and the validator.  I can't quite wrap my mind around how $175 of cool can be packed into that little area.

Corey

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 12:34:54 PM »
The smart bezel is more expensive.  It has indicators that let you know what denomination the last bill that was accepted as well as other diagnostic information when the validator is having issues.  The regular bezel only has a pair of leds that indicate when the validator is ready to receive notes.  Though $175 for a smart bezel is very pricey.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Rane420

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 07:28:13 PM »
Thanks Rick.  I appreciate the insight.  It sounds like the cheap one will work for now and if needed down the road I'll revisit an upgrade then.
Corey

Offline Ron (r273)

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 08:54:51 AM »
For future reference of terms. This is an old list but I think it might be helpful. Thanks to Robert E. Sult AOS.
I'm retired....My job is having a good time with my slots.   Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline jonm287

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • jonm287 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2016, 06:20:34 AM »
I know this topic is somewhat old now, but did you find the bezel you need?  This is what our BB2s have on them:
http://patriotgaming.com/wms-bb2-door-bezel.html

Offline Rane420

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2016, 07:02:54 PM »
Thanks Ron (r273) and Jonm287. 

The vocab is definitely appreciated and I did actually pick up a bezel that works, but appreciate the link all the same.
Corey

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal