New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: I Game Switching Games  (Read 2817 times)

Offline joshstern

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • joshstern New User has no influence.
  • NLG
I Game Switching Games
« on: January 09, 2017, 09:56:33 PM »
Hi all,

So, I'm very familiar with changing the theme on an S2000 but I don't know exactly what to do for my I Game. I'm also not sure which chip type to look for. I have an GKB00036 in it right now that says "BOOT" above that base number. Can I use a chip like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/IGT-I-Game-Base-Chip-I0000527-I-Dream-of-Jeannie-/262794455198?hash=item3d2fc5289e:g:Xx8AAOSwZQRYbsl1 on it?

Is the process similar to an S2000 change? Clear, key, etc?

Thanks!
Josh

Offline buybestslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
Re: I Game Switching Games
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 10:46:01 AM »
that chip on ebay will do you no good unless you have the rest of the I d o j software I'm sure the are 2 or 3 simms  and  2 game chips you'll need

Offline joshstern

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 10:49:11 AM »
Gotcha, so since that GK boot chip is the only removable chip on my board, in assuming this isn't going to be as possible as I'm imagining it to be.

Offline buybestslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 10:59:10 AM »
you have a 044 board  , not sure but think I  d o j  is for a 3902 board  I know mine is on 3902 , your board is a much better board

Offline joshstern

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 11:07:27 AM »
you have a 044 board  , not sure but think I  d o j  is for a 3902 board  I know mine is on 3902 , your board is a much better board

So two questions; is the chip on my board (the GKB00036) the game software or is that store somewhere else? If I did want to change the game, what chips should I be looking for?

Thanks!
Josh

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 11:11:19 AM »
The boot chip is like an OS for the system.  The software for the game is stored on memory chips on the board.  They are the rectangular ones that are fatter than the rest.  You either need someone to re-flash your board with new software (which is a no no for IGT and it requires a dedicated hardware to flash) or buy another flash board with whatever game you want.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 11:30:22 AM »
There is a daughter board that you can get to put on the 044 board if you want to use eprom/simm based 039 games.

Offline joshstern

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 11:42:20 AM »
The boot chip is like an OS for the system.  The software for the game is stored on memory chips on the board.  They are the rectangular ones that are fatter than the rest.  You either need someone to re-flash your board with new software (which is a no no for IGT and it requires a dedicated hardware to flash) or buy another flash board with whatever game you want.

Ah, I see. So the Coyote Moon game I have running is hard programmed onto that board. So finding a different board is my goal. Is that as simple as just popping that board in? Or do I still need to go through the keychip/clear procedure?

thanks!

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 01:01:50 PM »
Sometimes you can just clear the error with the reset key and presssing the disagnostic button, but not always.  I highly recommend getting a key 28 if you want to switch 044 games.  Like Ken said as well, there's a daughter board that replaces the flash board you have so you can use igame+ (aka 3902) games with your cabinet.  It will allow you to use the eprom/simm based games like I Dream of Jeannie.  You will need a key 40 for that one. 
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline joshstern

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 01:03:43 PM »
Sometimes you can just clear the error with the reset key and presssing the disagnostic button, but not always.  I highly recommend getting a key 28 if you want to switch 044 games.  Like Ken said as well, there's a daughter board that replaces the flash board you have so you can use igame+ (aka 3902) games with your cabinet.  It will allow you to use the eprom/simm based games like I Dream of Jeannie.  You will need a key 40 for that one.

Awesome, thanks Rick!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal