New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT 3802 board  (Read 3750 times)

Offline oldgeiser1

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • oldgeiser1 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: IGT 3802 board
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2017, 03:38:56 PM »
The 3902 board was developed for SIMM software, so any software that is all EPROMS can work on a 3802.  Older game kings, without the wing speakers, were probably originally all 3802's and will work with 3902's, but I'm guessing.
I got the kit, with a 3902 board, but the seller told me that it was originally on a 3802, which does not compute because there is no place for the sound EPROM.  I guess there could be a sound board that mounts on a 3802 but I have no knowledge of it.  Running the software without the sound chip works with some sounds but not the unique Wheel of Fortune sounds.
The seller also said that he never tried to keychip the game, works ok as is, but of course I want it to be as liberal as possible.
Some of the older software I have is 'flaky', won't keychip until after several tries.  I'm hoping that if I keep trying, eventually it will
keychip.  If not, it still works.
I believe that it is a highly collectable game, don't like to use the word 'rare', but they do not come up for sale very often, at least what
I think is the original game.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2017, 04:06:44 PM »
Was the main improvement of the 3902 board over the 3802 the addition of the piggy-back multimedia board for adding the enhanced sound simms? Additionally the 3902 board may have allowed more memory for larger sized game software?

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline oldgeiser1

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2017, 04:21:23 PM »
Was the main improvement of the 3902 board over the 3802 the addition of the piggy-back multimedia board for adding the enhanced sound simms? Additionally the 3902 board may have allowed more memory for larger sized game software?

I believe that is true.  I think the sound simm gave the addition of stereo.  A cgf simm and 3 slots for pxl simms had to increase the
capacity tremendously. The first GK simm software was 5.0, much better sound and graphics than the 4.? series.  Probably no way they could have put 20 card keno on eproms, speculation on my part.  I have no idea what the first simm I game was.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 05:37:34 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2017, 09:27:40 PM »
This is for your software if you don't have it already.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2017, 09:31:56 PM »
The document Ken posted refers to an "IGT digital sound card" being required for this WOF game. Does your machine have that card or a place for one to be installed?

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline oldgeiser1

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2017, 09:33:23 PM »
Thanks Ken.
This could be my problem, I need the bin file for the 5 key.
I would think that the 17 or 22 key would work but they don't, not even 40.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2017, 09:38:40 PM »
I think you really need a 3902 board with the multi media board for eprom.

Offline oldgeiser1

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2017, 09:40:09 PM »
Yes I have that sound chip.
Pretty sure this is the correct psr for my software, base number is correct.

Offline oldgeiser1

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2017, 10:07:36 PM »
Software is mounted properly on a 3902 with sound board.
5 key gives a confetti screen.  (Maybe I will burn it again, in case I screwed up.)
17 gives a solid purple screen.
22 and 40 give the ram and eeprom and keychip menu, and go thru
the proper steps but will not go into keychip mode.
From the PSR Ken provided it looks like it is single denom (5 cents) and max bet is 25 coins,
so maybe the only option is to change the payback percentage.
Well at least it works and screams WHEEL OF FORTUNE.

Offline oldgeiser1

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2017, 07:36:06 AM »
Final follow up.
Thanks to Jim at Blue Ridge Slots I got a working #5 key.
Was able to access the keychip menu and change the payback percentage to the
most liberal, which is actually the only option as the denomination and max bet are fixed.
So the game is working well.
Another note, I did discover that there is a sound board for the 3802 mpu, saw it for sale on EBay,
so the software would work on the 3802 board.
Done and done.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal