New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Balley S9000E Hot Shot Boot Up Thumb Nail Switch Broken  (Read 4813 times)

Offline DJC

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • DJC New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Balley S9000E Hot Shot Boot Up Thumb Nail Switch Broken
« on: April 04, 2016, 12:26:13 PM »
The Thumb Nail switch is broken on my S900E Hot Shot machine not sure when or how but that does not matter has anyone had this problem and or know how to fix it and walk me thru it.  thanks DJC

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Balley S9000E Hot Shot Boot Up Thumb Nail Switch Broken
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 01:14:48 PM »
What is the thumb nail switch?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 01:38:11 PM »
Mayby the button that ejects the game cf's-?,  The atx pwr. toggle switch-?  :Scratch-Head:

Offline DJC

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 09:22:58 AM »
I am not sure what the switch powers, However it is the last switch to be turned on in the powering up sequence on the Hot Shot Machine

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 09:29:02 AM »
Is it a black switch like on a computer tower power supply? A small rocker switch?

Offline DJC

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 09:42:12 AM »
I will attach a pic of the front of the box where the switch is

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 09:50:43 AM »
The Super small switch on the MPU

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2016, 10:00:53 AM »
If it is the ATX switch in the MPU (the small white toggle switch), you can just leave it in the on position and power up the game using the two power switches.  I only use the ATX switch when setting up a new game, the other times, the switch stays on and I power the machines using the two power supply switches.  Replacing that little switch involves removal of the mainboard in the mpu cage and desoldering the small switch to install a new one.  If you have just a hot shot 5 reel game, you are probably using the 300/400mhz mpu's, and they are cheap enough to not merit the work involved in changing the switch, unless you like to repair things like a lot of us here do.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline DJC

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2016, 10:23:42 AM »
It was not the white one it was the brown or black one, it is a five reel i found the switch it was broken off and dropped onto the board

Offline DJC

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2016, 10:24:39 AM »
the game would not start

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2016, 10:41:52 AM »
On older MPU's the little rocker switch is black.  Did the whole switch fall off, or just the little "stick"?

Offline DJC

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2016, 12:39:11 PM »
both i am trying to post a pic off of my phone but having some problems doing it

Offline DJC

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2016, 01:22:00 PM »
hope this pic attaches

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2016, 02:30:29 PM »
wow, it totally fell off.  Since it is just a rocker switch, you could just short the two points on the motherboard that the switch connects, or you could "wire" and switch outside the mpu and let it "hang" connecting a pair of wires to a standard switch.  If you are not handy at soldering I would recommend you just buy another MPU. 

Offline DJC

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2016, 03:02:35 PM »
Thanks so much  i will get a micro switch and put one on, thanks again  djc

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal