New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: What WBA do I have and what is needed to upgrade it?  (Read 4103 times)

Offline ninnjinn

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • ninnjinn New User has no influence.
  • NLG
What WBA do I have and what is needed to upgrade it?
« on: November 02, 2017, 03:31:34 PM »
I am wanting to update my bill acceptor to accept colored bills. At first I thought I had the 12 but then there's Parts on there like the chip that says 11 and another that says something else. So which one do I have?  Or is it a Frankenstein WBA? And what is needed to update it to accept colored bills?
For my IGT S+
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 04:37:00 PM by ninnjinn »

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: What WBA do I have and what is needed to upgrade it?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 04:32:12 PM »
Looks like a WBA 11SS. 11 and 13 have replaceable chips while 10 and 12 have flashed chips. An S+ I assume..
Heads are the same but the transports are different. Here is a link to what you can get with the WBA11. See reply #1 from Rickhunter.

Dave

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=3914.0
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 05:12:11 PM »
Yep, it's a WBA-11-SS.  You can upgrade it to a WBA 12 or 13 (12 is flash, 13 has EPROM) but you will have to change the wiring harness that the transport plugs into on the machine side.  Pretty easy task. 

The last software version released for a WBA12/13 is 3.75-03i and it accepts everything except for the new $100 bills.

Offline Amechanic

• Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 05:28:13 PM »
If he's changing from a WBA 10/11 to the WBA 12/13 the power supply will need to be changed that powers the WVA. The newer style power supply for the WBA 12/13 is the one with all the small hole for ventilation.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline ninnjinn

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • ninnjinn New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 06:03:10 PM »
If he's changing from a WBA 10/11 to the WBA 12/13 the power supply will need to be changed that powers the WVA. The newer style power supply for the WBA 12/13 is the one with all the small hole for ventilation.

If possible I do not want to upgrade the entire system. I was just wondering if there was a updated chip that I could get. In my area,  It is becoming harder and harder to find the colorless bills without them being totally worn out. I know I can use the $1 bills but for the kids I usually rack it up to about 4 to 600 credits But that would take a mighty long time with $1 bills. I have plenty of quarters but my girls are becoming prissy and don't want to get their hands and fingers dirty.  :hissyfit: :hissyfit:

How the times have changed. Two years ago I could take them fishing and they would bait [size=78%]their own hooks.[/size]

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 06:16:08 PM »

Thought that was when upgrading from DBV-200 to WBA? 

Ninnjinn,

Not sure what firmware version you have on your validator, but the last one released for WBA10/11 is 3.60-03 and it works with all the current bills except for the new $100's and purple $5's.  Your validator only accepts the bills in one direction, no matter what software version you're using.  Should be face up with the top of the head portrait to the right.  You can upgrade to 3.60-03 just by swapping the EPROM chip on the bottom of the transport.

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 06:43:10 PM »
PM sent
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 07:19:10 PM »
Here are two pics of the two different power supply's. First pic is from the PS for the WBA 10/11. Second pic is for the WBA 12/13..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2017, 07:27:54 PM »
ninnjinn, your inbox is full so I am unable to reply to your PM. You do not have to set the denom for the BV again to update the chip. Only after a ram clear or possibly a battery failure.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2017, 07:41:39 PM »
Here are two pics of the two different power supply's. First pic is from the PS for the WBA 10/11. Second pic is for the WBA 12/13..

Thanks Gary.  I've only seen S+ machines with DBV-200's and they had black plastic covers over the power supply. 

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2017, 09:08:15 PM »

Thanks Gary.  I've only seen S+ machines with DBV-200's and they had black plastic covers over the power supply.

I am currently learning this on the fly myself.. I picked up a Spin Til You Win a couple weeks back. I am in the middle of doing a couple up grades, S2000 Deck Buttons to replace the yellow S+ one. Then a up grading to a WBA12/13 from the 10/11.. I should have it done tomorrow..
And remember...

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2017, 07:11:42 AM »
Gary,  I don't think it matters which power supply you use for WBA's. the majority of power supplies that I see on WBA's are Phihong, not the Autec.
from  a electronic standpoint, the Phihong is rated at 13vdc at 3 amp,  the Autec is rated at 13vdc at 1.5amp.

Jim 

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2017, 08:39:14 AM »
Gary,  I don't think it matters which power supply you use for WBA's. the majority of power supplies that I see on WBA's are Phihong, not the Autec.
from  a electronic standpoint, the Phihong is rated at 13vdc at 3 amp,  the Autec is rated at 13vdc at 1.5amp.
Jim

Jim,
I thought that there was something here on NLG stating that you needed the newer style PS for the WBA 12/13 to work in the S+ machine. Maybe I'm going crazy or just have my facts crossed. Any way those are the two different style of PS available for use in an S+ machine.
And remember...

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2017, 01:54:53 PM »
That was the case when upgrading dbv's back in the day when DBV's were the more prevalent validators, the 150's use power supplies without the vents, then 200's used the ones with the vents.  I have both sets of power supplies on my S+ and both have WBA 13's.  No issues at all, so I don't believe it matters which of the two you have.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2017, 02:49:51 PM »
I started the rumor about the power supplies since I was under the impression that not all worked with the 12/13 transport.

I just now finished testing 3 different power supplies and they all worked. So I guess I fucked up. Sorry.

Ken

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2017, 05:23:10 PM »
I started the rumor about the power supplies since I was under the impression that not all worked with the 12/13 transport.
I just now finished testing 3 different power supplies and they all worked. So I guess I fucked up. Sorry.
Ken

Ken,
We all make mistakes and I myself have made many. Just proves we're human. I did test the two different ones I have here, and came to the same results. No harm done.
Gary

And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal