New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Help with my williams 400 slot machine  (Read 2903 times)

Offline Jango225

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jango225 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Help with my williams 400 slot machine
« on: January 25, 2018, 12:23:57 PM »
Thanks for the add I aquired this slot machine it's a williams Mdl 400. The game was stuck in tilt mode but fixed that issue and a lot of switch issues now I have a candle code saying door is open but the door is closed lock and switch is down going on day 4 trying to figure this out and as I can tell there isn't much info on this machine I NEED HELP

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: Help with my williams 400 slot machine
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 12:47:23 PM »
Post a photo of the "Cherry" switch on your machine, from the side showing the wires that are attached. The Cherry switch is the large white door switch on the right side edge of the door frame. It has a white plunger that is spring loaded. This switch should have 2 wires connected to the back of it, the Cherry switch is what tells the machine if the door is open or closed. On a WMS-400 the sliding security bar & latch doesn't do anything other than secure the door, it isn't part of the door sensing circuit.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Jango225

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 01:02:20 PM »
i am having issues uploading the pics on here sent u a pm for a atlernate way to send them

Offline Jango225

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 01:21:23 PM »
pic

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 01:59:13 PM »
The wires on your Cherry switch are in the right place. The Cherry switch might be bad. You can move both wires to the other side of the Cherry switch (indicated by arrows in photo below), the terminals there are a duplicate of the ones where the wires are connected. The Cherry switch is a dual switch, so the terminals on one side of the switch work the same as the terminals on the other side. In the WMS-400 machines only one side of the Cherry switch is used.

Or if you have a meter you can test the Cherry switch terminals where the wires are attached. With power off to the machine and the door open your meter should show continuity on the terminals. Then when you press inward on the Cherry switch plunger the meter will show the terminals are not connected (open reading on the meter).

(click image to enlarge)

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Jango225

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 02:02:17 PM »
ive arready did that and even swapped out the door one with the drop switch and still coming up with the same issue im about to post a pic of what it looks like now with it all buttoned up and maybe u can see what is going on

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 02:08:53 PM »
ive arready did that and even swapped out the door one with the drop switch and still coming up with the same issue im about to post a pic of what it looks like now with it all buttoned up and maybe u can see what is going on

Next thing to check is that both wires from the Cherry switch make it back to the backplane board. A wire could be cut, mashed, pulled out of connector, on the wire's connector could be unplugged from the backplane board. The backplane is the board mounted to the back wall behind the card cage.

Was the machine working ok at one time, or is this how it was when you got it?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2018, 02:12:10 PM »
i am having issues uploading the pics on here sent u a pm for a atlernate way to send them

I got your pm and can help you post photos but it looks like you figured out how to do it. Photo file size needs to not be too large, most cameras and some phones have a setting so you can make the photo file smaller.

Offline Jango225

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 02:13:06 PM »
no it had a tilt code from the reel i ended up fixing that then had a issue with the stacker switch then fixed it and now im to this

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2018, 02:26:01 PM »
Is it just the candle lit that you are working on? Have you tried inserting a coin and playing? After a CLEAR the candle will stay lit until you begin play. But if you are also getting a "door open" error on the front display then the machine thinks the door is open so that is a problem.

Offline Jango225

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2018, 02:30:39 PM »
no when its closed the front display shows blank in credit blank in win and 1 in bet and the bottom light on the candle is flashing fast it wont let me event try and play to see

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2018, 02:32:41 PM »
If the front display does not show "door open" then I don't think you have a problem with that. If you open the door does the front display show "door open" then? And when you close the door the "door open" message goes away? If so then the door sense circuit is working. The candle being lit may go away once you get the machine to accept a coin and you play it. Or you have a problem that doesn't involve the door thought to be open.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2018, 03:17:44 PM »
I watched the video you sent, saw that the lower lamp on the candle is flashing fast. The front display doesn't show an error message. I'll see if I can post the video here when I get a chance. Whenever I've had a problem with the machine thinking the door was open it always showed a "door open" message on the front display. Even though the manual says that the lower candle flashing fast is a door open problem there might be something else going on since you proved the Cherry switch is ok. You did trace the 2 Cherry switch wires back to the backplane, right?

When the machine is powered-up do you hear the loud "bong" sound from the speaker indicating the power on selftest completed ok? It should occur just a few seconds after power-up.

When you open the door and have power on the machine do the 5 red lites on the front edge of the I/O board all come on? If not then you have a power supply problem.

If the 5 lites are all ON then if you have spare parts or another similar machine you can try swapping in a good I/O board to see if that fixes it. If that doesn't help then try another cpu board.

Here is the short video of the machine, candle flashing quickly, click on the first link in this line:

<p>0125181533 from rokgpsman on Vimeo.</p>
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 03:37:44 PM by rokgpsman »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal