New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: No diagrams for Bally 1096  (Read 11826 times)

Offline lltvdoug

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • lltvdoug New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: No diagrams for Bally 1096
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2018, 08:13:58 PM »
I need to check. I'll get back to you.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2018, 08:22:50 PM »
You can set the reels for a payout using this simple method.
With the door open activate the coin in switch. Before pulling the handle, use your left hand to hold the clock fan from spinning. Pull the handle to kick the reels into motion. Now you can stop the reels with your right hand for any payout you like. It’s a little tricky at first lining them up. Also be careful of the metal edge that holds the reel tape in place the inside is very sharp. Let go of the clock while maintaining the reels in position.

Congratulations on finding the broken wire. Not a likely place for a wire to fail.

Looks like you need some #63 bulbs for either side of the reel glass. Possibly some 44s for the top and some 44 flasher type bulbs for the perimeter of the top glass.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2018, 09:13:01 PM »
I like running 47's over 44 bulbs. They run cooler and are easier to find.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline lltvdoug

• NLG
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2018, 07:43:38 PM »
Things are going south on me. The only way to get a payout is to reach behind the hopper and trip the payout relay.
I no longer have the insert coin or coin accepted lights. The lights on the 3rd coin no longer go out after the play. I can still play by flicking the coin switch 1, 2, or 3 times. Hope this is something simple and not another  broken wire .
I counted the bad bulbs:
#47 thirty.
#55 two.
#63 two.
FS T5 two.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2018, 09:12:57 PM »
Clean and check the coin relay contacts for continuity. Same with the payout relay
Check that the coil mechanism has the small return tension spring in place.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2018, 09:23:56 PM »
Sometimes taking the reels in and out can cause a continuity problem with the beau plugs. Try to reseat the reels assembly to see what happens. I have bought a box of 100 #47 bulbs for a better price then 5 boxes of 10.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2018, 09:55:54 PM »
Also consider the operating temperature. If the machine hasn’t warmed up it could effect the switches.
Simple low tech beau plugs test if the machine doesn’t payout when it should. Try moving the hopper slightly in and out and from side to side. Same with the reel mechanism.

Offline lltvdoug

• NLG
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2018, 07:41:21 PM »
I went through the reel mech, hopper & beau plugs again and cleaned out the dirt that wasn't there. I pushed in the plunger on the payout unit (the one with all the washers) 4 or 5 times, and it works again! I have set up about 12 payouts and they all worked, even the correct amounts. could the payout unit cause this problem?

I still have no insert coin, deposit coin, or payout made lights. Could I have messed up that circuit while moving bulbs around?

Also, I'd like to get the bulbs. 35  #47,  12  #47 blinkers,  2  #55,  2 #63,  &  2  FS T5. How do I get them?

Thanks again for your help. I think we almost have it!

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2018, 09:07:34 PM »
The least expensive way to buy bulbs is in packs of 10 or 20 less than a $ each.
Same for fluorescent lamps around a $2.00 each online, but I think you can buy the fluorescents for a reasonable price at Home Depot. Check the Gameroom Guys online or Amazon.

Regarding the 3 indicator lights, sounds like the common Blue wire has an open. Check the white molex plug on the door near the door jamb between the hinges. Carefully move the wires on either side of the plug and watch for any change in the lights.

Check for continuity between solid blue wires.

Are the coin tray lights working?

If so you could jump the blue from the tray lights to the blue on the lights that aren’t working. This should give an indication to what side of the circuit is at fault.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2018, 09:28:21 PM »
Don't go to Home Depot for the fluorescent bulbs. Last time I looked for them they didn't carry any, but if they do expect to pay around $10 each for them. I use to buy all my bulbs from 1000 bulbs, but they don't carry the miniature bulbs like 63, 55, 47 any more. Do a google search for your bulbs, you should be able to find them all at one source to save on shipping. Check a source called bulb town or something like that.
Have you had your payout unit out of the machine? There is a rubber stop bumper on it that gets stick like the plunger and hopper star. When that happens it doesn't allow the relay to open, causing a no pay.
And remember...

Offline lltvdoug

• NLG
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2018, 06:38:51 PM »
The insert coin bulb is bad. The glass spins in the socket. Would this open the circuit to the others?

I got all the bulbs ordered today from bulbtown.com. I had to kick in an extra $8.95 to get faster shipping. All bulbs with shipping came to $39.68.

Thanks!  Doug

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2018, 06:44:34 PM »
Quick question. Did you check the condition of the bulb/bulbs for your belly glass?
And remember...

Offline lltvdoug

• NLG
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2018, 07:35:24 PM »
Do you mean the florescent bulbs above & below the "100" ?

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2018, 10:26:33 PM »
Yes those.
And remember...

Offline lltvdoug

• NLG
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2018, 01:13:43 PM »
This unit doesn't have tray lights. It has the mounting plates & the opaque plastic defusers but no wiring or bulbs.

Offline lltvdoug

• NLG
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2018, 06:38:00 PM »
I'm still trying to find why the insert coin, coin accepted & winner paid lights aren't working. The bulbs are good. Checked all the switches & beau plugs along that circuit. I don't have 6vac at those bulbs. The "$"  light (between insert & accepted) has 6vac and works. Still waiting for the new bulbs, hoping that might help, but I'm skeptical. I've been reading through the posts looking for a similar problem & tried all the possibilities. It's not an uncommon problem but all I've found is "the lights are now working" with no info on what they did to fix them. What am I missing?
Thanks, Doug.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2018, 10:10:14 PM »

If the $1.00 light blue wire in connected to the lights in question, then the opposite trace wire needs to be checked out.
If not, try[size=78%] jumping a solid yellow to the opposite side of the solid blue on the sockets in question. The light should light up.[/size]
This will give you an indication of what side of the circuit is not working.
Deposit  coin and coin accepted lights are partly regulated by the coin relay switch.
Post a photo of the 3 light sockets that aren’t working

Offline lltvdoug

• NLG
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2018, 05:03:34 PM »
The wires opposite blue 20 are yellow/Brown 36 on coin accepted, red/black 18 on deposit coin & green/black 48 on winner paid. Jumping yellow to each of these lights the bulb. Jumping yellow to 18  lights both insert & accept. I have 6vac across the 1$ light but not the others. I have continuity from 36 & 18 to the coin relay switch. I can jump a yellow from anywhere in the machine to light the bulbs. Machine plays good & pays accurately. :thank_you:

Offline GOS

• Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2018, 05:29:59 PM »
there is also a circuit on the hopper - believe it is a green/white wire to a yellow that also controls the insert/accept/pay lights.

Offline lltvdoug

• NLG
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2018, 05:50:26 PM »
I got all the new bulbs put in. They all work. (Except the three)
Thanks, Doug.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal