New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Igt splus double diamond haywire new chips broke bill validator  (Read 2563 times)

Offline TboneHavasu

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • TboneHavasu New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Igt splus double diamond haywire new chips broke bill validator
« on: February 04, 2018, 09:26:35 PM »
Ok figure this one out.please..
I have a 3 coin double diamond.
Works fine, takes coins, and bills..
I bought a set of 3 coin HAYWIRE chips.
Put in chips. Got a 66 code,turn it off/on. Fixed code 66.
Then a code 65-1 pushed test switch cleared code 65-1 fixed.
Put in quarters gives credit ,play machine.
Bill validator off. Use my bill validator chip.
Set denomination. 25 cents. Set it to 9.1 bill validator to ON.
Bills go in but come back out. Rejected.
Machine worked fine before haywire chips.
Put my original double diamond chips in.
Clear my 61 and 61 1 codes.
Bill validator to on and set to 25 cents.
Takes bills again..
Im stumped. And the chip seller on ebay is no help at all.
Please help me figure this out.
Ive read all i can on here but not seen this problem.
So if i missed it.
Im truly sorry..
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 12:46:29 AM by TboneHavasu »

Offline markb7605

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
Re: Igt splus double diamond haywire new chips broke bill validator
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 10:15:04 PM »
what sp chip # are u using for the haywire
Thank You
  Mark

Offline TboneHavasu

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 10:33:54 PM »
Sp779
Ss 4264
Haywire chips.

My original double diamond chips
Reel  ss3634
Game sp575

Offline markb7605

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 10:42:26 PM »
could be the sp chip may not be right for the bill validator you have i run 1274 on my haywire
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 11:09:11 PM by markb7605 »
Thank You
  Mark

Offline TboneHavasu

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 11:26:54 PM »
Do you think you can explain what chip does what?
What chip operates the validator?
What chip has the game?
I think i was reading somewhere that i could change the SS chip and leave the SP chip in.
Not sure what chip has the haywire game on it..

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 11:27:57 PM »
Some SP chips use ID-022, and other SP chips use ID-023 for communicating with the bill validator. If your bill validator is a DBV-200 you can look on the bottom and try flipping dipswitch #10 to the opposite position. I think this selects between ID-022 and ID-023 compatibility for the DBV-200.

Haywire is a "Type 2" game, Double Diamond is a "Type 0". So I don't think you can use the same SP chip for both games.

SP779 is a Type 2 SP chip. I don't know about the SP575 but would guess it is a Type 0 chip since it was working ok with your Double Diamond game.

What kinda of bill validator do you have?

Here is some information about various SP chips:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=303.msg847#msg847

And here is info about the Double Diamond and the Haywire games, you can see that they are classified as different game "Types" and each one requires a specific SP chip that matches the game Type:

http://www.newlifegames.net/igtbible/IGT%203CM/Game%20Library%20-%20S-Plus.htm
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 11:43:35 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline TboneHavasu

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 11:45:37 PM »
I have both validators the one in my machine now
Is a dvb-45-ss-6031-bo22
It has a sticker on it
Says. Dvb-145-sido 023 usa
V3.20-11 (c472)

But i also have a
Dbv-200-bo23
Looking on bottom i dont see the switches.
I think there are a row of 10.
But i dont see it.
Do i take it apart to get to it?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 11:49:02 PM »
On the bottom of the DBV-200 there is a cutout hole. It may be covered by a removable plate. The dipswitch is inside that cutout hole. There should be a large dipswitch with 10 switches, and next to it is a shorter dipswitch. Post a photo of the bottom of your DBV-200 if you aren't sure.

I don't think the DBV-145 has dipswitches (or they may be on the inside of the unit, not easily avail). At any rate, it is a very old model and the software for it didn't have the ability to switch between ID-022 and ID-023.

From what you say, it sounds like both your bill validators were working ok with the Double Diamond chips, right? If the Haywire SP chip is using the other ID comm protocol then that could be your problem.

If your DBV-200 is good and you can flip dipswitch #10 then that might get it working with the Haywire chips. If not then there may be something else going on. (like your machine's credit limit, did you set it to something higher than 0?) The bill validator won't accept a bill if that would put you over the credit limit.

If you flip the DBV-200 dipswitch #10 and that doesn't fix your problem you probably need to flip it back or else remember that you messed with it.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 01:00:16 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline TboneHavasu

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2018, 11:58:52 PM »
Switches 1 thru 9 are OFF
Switch 10 is ON.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2018, 12:00:21 AM »
Try setting switch #10 to OFF and see if it works. Be sure to power down the machine.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2018, 12:06:08 AM »
Do you think you can explain what chip does what?
What chip operates the validator?
What chip has the game?
I think i was reading somewhere that i could change the SS chip and leave the SP chip in.
Not sure what chip has the haywire game on it..

The Haywire game is in the SS chip, for the most part. The SP chip controls overall operation of the machine and some of the game features. You can think of the SP chip as the operating system for the game (sorta like different versions of Windows for a computer. Not a perfect analogy). So the SP chip has to be compatible with the SS chip, that is what the game "Type" classification is all about. Haywire is a Type 2 game. Double Diamond is a Type 0 game. There are many different SP chips available.

The SP chip is what controls the communication between the bill validator and the machine. You can switch the SS chip with a different SS chip (like to convert to a different game, or the same game but a different payback percentage) and leave the same SP chip in the machine as long as the SS chips are the same game "Type". 
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 12:50:47 AM by rokgpsman »

Offline TboneHavasu

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2018, 12:07:47 AM »
That was the FIX..
 Thank you very much for helping me out so fast I love this place I hope that I can help somebody out one day as well again thank you very much

Offline TboneHavasu

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2018, 12:09:41 AM »
And thank you guys very much for the chip informacion because I am wanting to learn all that as well and when it was explained to me like that I understand it better

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2018, 12:10:22 AM »
You're welcome, we love being able to get a machine back to working order.   :cool_thumb_up:

Remember, if you put your Double Diamond chips back in the machine you will need to flip DBV-200 switch #10 again. Looks like your Haywire SP chip uses ID-023 and your Double Diamond SP chip uses ID-022.

(click image to enlarge)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 12:56:19 AM by rokgpsman »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal