New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT 4-reel slot help  (Read 7920 times)

Offline arcadegameguy

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • arcadegameguy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT 4-reel slot help
« on: August 09, 2014, 08:48:11 AM »

Hi, I'm new to this site and while I have lots of coin op equipment (especially video arcade games & pinballs), this is my first slot machine!

I have this 4-reel IGT slot machine, model 1643B made in Nov 1986 (see attached pictures).  I'm not sure what type of IGT slot machine this is?  From what I've read on the forums, is it perhaps an M+?
When I got it, it scrolled "Tilt - Call attendant" on the matrix display.  The lithium battery on the board was dead so I replaced that, now it says "No Spin 1", and the leftmost reel doesn't spin when the machine initializes (although it spins freely when I move it by hand).

There was a broken piece in the bottom of the cabinet (I took a picture of the bits that were left), so I'm guessing this is the problem?

I have several questions:
1) Does anyone have a manual for this machine, I can't seem to find anything?
2) Is that broken piece what is keeping the machine from being able to spin the first reel?  If so, any ideas on where I can find a replacement part?
3) I'm not sure how to take the reel assembly apart?

Thanks for any help that can be provided!
Dave

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: IGT 4-reel slot help
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 08:52:12 AM »
I'd start by swapping reel 1 with any other to see if the problem stays with the position or the reel to narrow down where the problem is. Also, compare the part/piece you found to a known working reel to see if it came from a reel in the first place. Try this and see what you get then post back

Offline arcadegameguy

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 08:56:42 AM »
Wow, thanks for the fast response!  I'm not sure how to take the reel assembly apart?  Since I'm not sure what type of slot this is, I can't find a manual for it?

Thanks!
Dave

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 09:23:04 AM »
Should be 4 desperate reel assemblies, though my experience with that model is 0. Look for a screw, release lever, whatever that will allow the individual reel to be removed. Pay close attention to anything you have to disconnect to get it out. The older games weren't as repair friendly as the newer ones are

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 09:24:39 AM »
It appears you've removed the reel set from the machine, maybe post some pictures of that from different sides so we can get a look

Offline arcadegameguy

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 09:31:12 AM »
It only let me post 6 pictures initially, but I did get a couple of shots of the front & back of the reel assembly, so here are those.  Let me know if more detailed looks are needed.

Thanks!

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 09:48:59 AM »
Looks to be a thumb screw you can remove to take that front plate off and get a better look at disassembly. You might also try cleaning those plug connections on the back with a small wire brush to see if there's a connection problem there. Check the female sockets inside the machine also. In a pinch a narrow tip Exacto scraper blade will work for cleaning those also. They look a bit dirty

Offline arcadegameguy

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 10:56:03 AM »
Thanks I'll give it a try. Any ideas on what model slot this is?  Ive been reading about M+ slots and a cork bearing which seems to fit what im seeing,  but I'm not sure what model this is?  Still interested in finding a manual if possible!

Thanks!
Dave

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2014, 11:10:26 AM »
Looks like an M to me but maybe someone will chime in with better info for us

Offline arcadegameguy

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 11:16:09 AM »
Thanks for moving the conversation into the more appropriate group!  I wanted to see if anyone had a manual that they could provide?  I'm guessing that would help me out quite a bit!

Thanks again,
Dave

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 07:33:55 PM »
You have a M+ machine.  I'm not sure what all the differences between the two are, but the M+ has an electronic coin comparitor and the M has a mechanical coin mechanism.  It looks like your cork rollers deteriorated and fell off on the first reel.  Here's a link to the old board with some information on them. 

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=2374.msg33645#msg33645

PM me a good email address and I'll email you a copy of the manual for it.

Offline arcadegameguy

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2014, 08:06:18 PM »
Thanks, appreciate the information! I sent you a PM.

Dave

Offline jbshocks

• jbshocks New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2014, 07:00:21 PM »
Your issue is definitely a failed roller. You can't get them any more but there are a couple options.  On one of my machines I replaced them with bearings from I think a Bally hopper.   It was in one of the old posts.   My second M I just make some out of plastic on my lathe.  It just needs to be a wheel that spins freely.   You get the mech out you first have to drop the front of the reel cage down.   On the right side there is a pin you just pull out a little it is spring loaded then the door folds down.  Then there is a lever on each mech or reel kicker that you pull.

Offline arcadegameguy

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2014, 12:55:56 PM »
Thanks everyone!  I wanted to let you know that I got the game up and running.  The cork roller on reel 1 had completely come apart, reel 2 had already been replaced by a metal bearing at some point, and reels 3 & 4 were in pretty poor shape.  I replaced the 3 cork versions with the bearings from mscdirect.com (item 01376748). These fit great and let me put the retaining clips back on.  They are currently $4.44 each + shipping.

Anyway, the machine seems to be running well now.  I do have a couple of other questions:
1) On the little (wedge-based) lights up in the upper display.  I don't see any markings on the bulb, and am not sure what number of bulb these are?  I attached a picture in case that helps. Are these something like a #86?

2) When I took off the panel to access the light bulbs, some of the little plastic pins that hold the panel on crumbled and broke.  Are these parts available somewhere?

Thanks again!
Dave

Offline arcadegameguy

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2014, 03:17:03 PM »
I did find that the bulbs are #86, so I solved that issue.  Haven't found any good replacement plastic clips yet, but I'm continuing to look!

I realized that I am not getting any sound out of the game, I pulled the audio board out, and saw that both sockets U7 and U10 were empty.  From looking at the schematics these should be AY-3-8912 ICs, but I wanted to confirm that this is correct and that these aren't supposed to be missing?  Also, I assume the empty sockets labeled "Bus Socket", as well as J2 are for test use only and are supposed to be empty?

Thanks!
Dave

Offline jbshocks

• jbshocks New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2014, 06:35:32 PM »
I just looked at mine and u7 and u10 are empty as well and mine makes sound.   Did you try to adjust the volume control?

Offline arcadegameguy

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2014, 09:13:38 PM »
Thanks, I appreciate the information, helps me figure out where to look next!  I did adjust the volume control, but no sound output of any kind at all.  One other interesting data point, when I go into self-test mode, and advance to the "Sound Test" section, I can't advance to any of the actual sound tests (using the cursor advance button), it just stays on the scrolling "Sound Test" line.  I know that the advance button itself works, because other tests let me advance.  Any ideas on what could cause this?

Thanks again,
Dave

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal