New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WTB: A FLAMING rant from Yoeddy1 (John Wayne and Big Money Cheese Caper glass)  (Read 10437 times)

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
Hi all,

I don't usually complain, but I need to get something off of my chest and I'm really hoping that somebody can help me out here.  By now, most of you guys know that I've been looking for a set of John Wayne and Big Money Cheese Caper WMS Bluebird chop top and if possible, the belly glass. 

I don't know if it's because there's a full moon, or the economy sucks, or people are just pissed off and want to watch the world burn, but I've been screwed now by a couple of vendors out here that have promised to fulfill a request, and for whatever reason, the rug has been yanked out from under my feet leaving me high and dry basically telling me good luck next time, hope you understand, and to go F myself.  One vendor specifically flipped because I have been asking when my request would become available.  Next week, next year, ten years from now?  Never an answer.  Because of that, I was told to go jump in the lake and never come back.  Why?  No answer.  So here I am, again, feeling like a complete ass.  What's really screwed up is that I've had a good relationship with this person and have done biz with him for many years on kits and other parts.  Maybe I'm not important because I haven't bought volumes of machines.  Yeah, I'm a small time enthusiast that likes to play games at home.  I was always raised to follow through with what you say you're going to do.  So far that philosophy has treated me well. 

One thing that I really hate is when I spend money with someone, and as soon as the money is sent, I'm not important as a customer anymore.  Responses or updates are delayed or never happen, but boy, leading up to the sale, responses are instantaneous.  If there are 10 vendors with the same product, and all of them are offering the product for different prices, as a smart consumer, wouldn't you do your homework and factor in price and service?  You get what you pay for...I get that, but don't abandon a relationship and make one of your customers feel like a douchebag if they've done business with another vendor.  Maybe there were reasons like trades, or some other circumstance that influenced the buying decision.  If it's a one of a kind deal that only one vendor has or is offering, it's really simple, you supply and ship, I pay.  Nothing difficult about that.

In a warehouse full of hundreds or thousands of machines, is pulling 1 glass set from one machine going to drive a business into bankruptcy by helping out a long time customer/enthusiast out?  I understand if it's an ultra one of a kind machine (3CM Mummy glass), but Jesus Christ, if you've told your customer that you would do it, then follow through with what you said you were going to do in the first place.  Word of mouth travels fast.

Ok, I'm done ranting and I hope you all understand why I'm doing this.  I won't punk out and name any names, but if there is a reason to do so, I will to protect others.

I feel like a complete ass, but I'm going to put another request out here.  Is there anyone that would be willing to sell me a Big Money Cheese Caper and John Wayne glass set?  Name your price and hopefully we can work something out.

Thanks for listening.

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Damn,  Life can be a bitch.  At least over the many years the few things you wanted and agreed to buy that you got from me were delivered.  I would say your words may go deeper into past agreements/deals gone bad?.  Just seems that way to me. As I learned long ago the slot world is a cut-throat world -esp. when you get off the porch and graduate to games that are worth having for the time being/age. I used to get my feelings hurt often years ago, I Don't worry about anymore.

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
I feel your pain Jason. I think all us collectors have had a vendor that we trusted and then backstab or put you down or just being a grumpy fat ass. Hell, I was even dragged in and accused to being a part of a vendor feud!

There are some really good vendors still out there. And remember this Amigo, Just be careful of vendors who like to go by different user names. If you have a bad experience with a certain vendor, you should no longer give them your money! Period!

Just have a little bit of patience and you will find what you are looking for. I know it can be hard, but if you do the BB2 conversion you won't have to worry about finding glass anymore ;)
-------
Charles

Offline teamclark4

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • teamclark4 New User barely matters.teamclark4 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
I agree with Charles... There is good out there, you just need to weed thru the BS.

I checked for your Great Eagle glass and had it; but it's a tall top.. Would have been $30 to you for the glass kit..

If you had a tall top BB1 it would give you more options; or the Charles BB2 conversion option...

And it doesn't have to be cutthroat if you recognize who is willing to help you out and who is in it just for a buck...

And all the replies so far are in the "won't screw you over category". In person i'm saying "won't Fxxx you over"; here we'll go with "won't  screw you over".

Offline johnnybgood1

• Just do it!
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • johnnybgood1 New User barely matters.johnnybgood1 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Here is what found and it may be harsh but here we go.

I have found the bar is set very low in this industry as a whole.  Customer service and at times product knowledge is sub par at best.  I think the collectors tend to be more responsible, knowledgeable and cooperative than many of the vendors I have dealt with.

I think that the big guys out there have lost the love of this hobby/industry.  It's a business.  And as such they are concerned with turning over product.  As fast as possible and as large quantiles as possible.  Period.  End of story.  If you call about a kit, piece of glass etc, they will take the order but at the end of the day the 100 machine export with a 50% deposit and 50% on shipment will always take priority.

As a non-related business owner operator I can tell you that we try very hard to treat the $30 order the same as the $30k order. Doesn't always work but we also advise our customers. 

I won't get into the experiences I have had in this industry.  It would be an excersize in aggravation. But in general some of the big players are of the take it or leave it additude.  If I used this business mentality I would be out of business. They just happen to have that piece of glass and therefore they abuse there privilege. 

Offline teamclark4

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • teamclark4 New User barely matters.teamclark4 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Integrity, some have it some don't. Eventually you will end up dealing with the people who have it . Hopefully not before you have been screwed over too much.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
Guys, thanks.  I agree that there are some very good people in this hobby/industry, but sometimes I wish we could go back about 6 or 7 years.  Those were the days.  The excitement and dialogue amongst the NLG membership, both vendors and enthusiasts, was a lot more fun.  Maybe the biz has changed, but so many have disappeared from this site and it really makes me sad.  I miss a lot of the guys from the old site.  Things just seemed to be so laid back years ago. 

Anyway, today was just a rough day, and I feel like I lost a good friend and fellow enthusiast that I loved talking shop with.  I'm still at a loss why it happened.  I'll always help out where I can to help make this site and community a fun place to hang out and I appreciate all of you that have helped me over the years.

Jason

Offline johnnybgood1

• Just do it!
  • NLG
Whoever offended this man please apologize.  Everyone has a bad day(s).  It's not worth it to ruin relationships.  And send him his damn glass.  Lol

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
Whoever offended this man please apologize.  Everyone has a bad day(s).  It's not worth it to ruin relationships.  And send him his damn glass.  Lol

LMAO :24:
-------
Charles

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
I checked for your Great Eagle glass and had it; but it's a tall top.. Would have been $30 to you for the glass kit..

You are too kind, and that's a fantastic price.  Thanks for looking.  :)

Jason

Offline PLUNGER BOY

• Sr NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • PLUNGER BOY New User has no influence.
  • NLG
I can name that vender in one note . LOL

Offline T

• Reputation Power: 19
  • T New User has no influence.
  • NLG
On a little different note. Love your Avatar!! Jim Carrey is a freak of nature and one animated person....
As Charles mentioned the upgrade to BB2 eliminates glass handling & storage. Don't get me wrong. I have some awesome IGT glass sets
that I just love but handling them and protecting them is another thing. I really like the convenient of the entire game on 2 CF cards. One little drawer is all that is needed. Just something to think about for the future. Can you say Lil Red, Van Helsing, Pirate Ship, Time Machine and the list of great BB2 games seems almost endless. Oh and of course Monster Jackpots!

You are too kind, and that's a fantastic price.  Thanks for looking.  :)

Jason

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
That's funny  :Tongue_Out:
I can name that vender in one note . LOL

Online idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 148
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Well Jason, shit happens. Sounds like the seller was gonna do you a big favor and mess up a couple of machines just to satisfy your needs.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline johnnybgood1

• Just do it!
  • NLG
I disagree.   If the vendor was doing a favor then he or she shouldn't have said yes.  No is an acceptable answer.  Instead the vendor (I have been on the receiving end of these situations) implied they would handle the request.  At that point it's on the vendor.  That's the problem with our current market or country.  Customer service has really gone down the tubes.  If the vendor was breaking a part a machine to accommodate then they should have charged accordingly.  I think we would all understand the explanation of if I break this kit apart I have to charge you X. 

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
Well Jason, shit happens. Sounds like the seller was gonna do you a big favor and mess up a couple of machines just to satisfy your needs.

Yeah, and then three months later the commitment mysteriously doesn't mean squat anymore and I'm simply told "go find it elsewhere."  No class.

Jason

Online idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 148
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG

Yeah, and then three months later the commitment mysteriously doesn't mean squat anymore and I'm simply told "go find it elsewhere."  No class.

Jason

Stop belly aching, pull up your big girl panties, and find it elsewhere then.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
I was wondering when this thread was going to get a DICK response. Finally happened.
-------
Charles

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff

Jason

Stop belly aching, pull up your big girl panties, and find it elsewhere then.

If it was Double Diamond glass, no problem.  But these glass sets don't exactly grow on trees...or so I'm told.  Probably another line of bullshit I've been fed to get more money out of me.

Jason

Offline JDKMunch

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
I wan't going to get involved and wont reply any more but here's how I feel -

Jason

HOW DARE YOU
How dare you SIR

This post is EXACTLY why NLG is the way that it is now.   If I was a vendor and I saw this I wouldn't involve myself with a bunch of ungrateful, disrespectful group of assholes. 

So enjoy yourself and whine and bitch like the girl you are and lets see who will come to your aid for $30.   

I just sit here stunned - the people here go out of their way to sell to a VERY VERY small few home users - and this is what they get.   

On behalf of the thankful users - I thank every vendor on the site for helping the home user.   

I'm done.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal