New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT w/o cash can...sort of  (Read 12631 times)

Offline Crash0

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Crash0 New User barely matters.Crash0 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
IGT w/o cash can...sort of
« on: January 01, 2016, 10:47:01 PM »
Somewhere awhile back i read something about modifying a cash can so it wouldn't have to be pulled in order to feed the machine. My memory is not great, but it sounded like the can got pretty chopped up.
I decided to post how I do this and it comes out pretty clean looking. This may take a couple of post.

1. open bottom of can on the hinge there is a keeper, that needs to be removed. (pic1)
2. take hinge out with pair of pliers should come out pretty easy from side of can. (pic2) set door aside re-install later
3. next drill out both rivets on front of can removing the handle. (pic3)
4. now lift out the spring assembly (might be tight, light prying will get it loose) raise front a little then turn rear 45 to         90 degrees to remove from track. lift whole thing out in one piece. set aside won't be using.(pic4)
5. Front of cash can at the top measure down about 1/4" from the end of the round edge. mark a line across.(pic5)
6. Now cut along the line with a dremel, or whatever you may have to cut it with. (pic6)

« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 06:50:27 AM by Ron (r273) »
AD/HD Highwa....Oh hey look squirrel!!

Offline Crash0

• NLG
Re: IGT w/o cash can...sort of
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 11:04:00 PM »
continued...

7. Use a screwdriver or other prying tool into line you just cut. give a quick twist, front should come free.(pic7)
8. Reassemble bottom door and hinge (pic8)
9. fire up hot glue gun, run some glue along the edge of door, then close it.(pic9)
10 next i run a bead of hot glue down seam of where door closes and chassis meat. add some around hinges on either side and the hole where hinge goes in. trim it all with razer.

once all done re-install into machine as you normally would. when loading machine all you need to do is drop belly door hold or bypass switch feed the bill grab it re feed it so no opening closing removing and inserting cash cans.
this mod was done on WBA cans others may be similar will look into it soon.
Have fun!!

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 04:46:24 AM »
That's prety slick, good job! :1:
Now maybe grab a box of cans, convert them and sell them to the members here. Price would depend on cost of cans and your time to do it, but throw a price out there and see if there's interest. The first one always takes the longest, you might find a way to speed up the process and make it lucrative with the "less than mechanically inclined" crowd or the "just don't want to do it myself" crowd. Good luck...

Offline Crash0

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 03:15:14 PM »

Thank youIt is a pretty quick mod, 10-15min being a former mechanic I have a few tools that make this pretty easy.
A couple things that make this mod even easier, remove cash can housing door, and belly glass door switch. that way can reload w/o any messages. I've done 4 of these for my 2xGK, I-Game, and a vision machine. probably do many more. really works great

Offline Crash0

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 11:50:34 AM »
Ok finally got around to DBV cash can. there are a couple of differences in how it's done.

1. You want to drill out a total of 6 pop-rivets. 2x for handle, and 4x near the drop door (pic1)
2. Next measure about 1" from top of can down the front. Mark a line all the way across.
    This is where the cut will be made.(pic2) Note: Front of can will have to be worked back and forth in order to remove.
    Tap down any sharp corners once removed. Finish off any sharp edges.
3. Re-install drop door with new pop-rivets.(pic3) (Sorry don't know exact size) Hot glue door edge as before.
4. Finished can (pic4)

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 10:23:27 PM »
That's prety slick, good job! :1:
Now maybe grab a box of cans, convert them and sell them to the members here. Price would depend on cost of cans and your time to do it, but throw a price out there and see if there's interest. The first one always takes the longest, you might find a way to speed up the process and make it lucrative with the "less than mechanically inclined" crowd or the "just don't want to do it myself" crowd. Good luck...

Don't forget the "Dint know what the hell I'm doing" crowd...lol
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline ItsaSlotMachine

• It's A Slot Machine
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • ItsaSlotMachine Is working their way up.ItsaSlotMachine Is working their way up.ItsaSlotMachine Is working their way up.
  • I'm a slot machine
    • Atypical Girl
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2018, 08:14:07 PM »
And I'm in that crowd lol
Slot Machines and more slot machines! Instagram: @itsaslotmachine

My latest adventure:
https://m.facebook.com/AnAtypicalGirl/

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal