New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Coin In Jam / Closure M  (Read 22712 times)

Offline Border01

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Border01 Is working their way up.Border01 Is working their way up.Border01 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Re: Coin In Jam / Closure M
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2016, 06:54:18 PM »
I did the clear as per instructions end up with eprom error which is good so far. Put key chip in then base chip back in but does not go to programming just loads game than gives me coin jam error again. Is it possible that my key chip is not working right?  The fellow that gave it to me said he could not test it?

Offline Border01

• Border01 Is working their way up.Border01 Is working their way up.Border01 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2016, 07:10:24 PM »
I did the procedure again and for a split second it said 7 key chip config than immediately when to coin in jam. I am lost

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2016, 07:14:58 PM »
Do you have coin in handling system in the machine?

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2016, 07:22:40 PM »
No it is bill in ticket out. Is it possibly a faulty base chip?

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2016, 07:34:12 PM »
make sure your coin harness has the jumper on it like in this post ....

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=9474.msg52873;topicseen#new

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2016, 07:40:34 PM »
I have that. I even tried one from a working machine but made no difference

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2016, 10:06:05 PM »
Trying the easiest stuff did you replace both door I/O cards from your Frog Prince and did the ones you removed work in the Frog P? If the answer is yes we should go deeper. What spare parts do you have? A 1270 board maybe a backplane board. You have hit most of the common issues. Reel Touch can be pita.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2016, 07:42:47 AM »
I did swap door I/O boards but will do it one more time just to make sure.  Where do I find the backplane?  Can I use the one from frog prince?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2016, 08:13:09 AM »
Kind of a pain to use the FP backplane because then you will have to completely set up the FP again when you return it to FP after testing. ( backplane is the board the tray slides in to). Make sure all the connections are good going to the backplane first also.
Hold off on replacing the backplane. Remember the door I/O boards are not the same, one should be an 801 and the other 802.(occasionally there are  two 802s). Again make sure you fully seat the MPU tray when you install it.
Anybody else with ideas?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2016, 08:29:48 AM »
What is the exact voltage of the coin battery on the MPU.
Also as before try multiple ups and downs on the door latch (with door closed wait about 2 seconds between ups and downs of the latch).

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2016, 09:25:59 AM »
I installed a new coin battery and varta battery both are at the proper voltage.  I will try the door opening and closing tonight as well.  I'm wondering if my bill validator (might be faulty) could be part of the problem?  Also would I be able to use the base chip from Frog Prince in the Munsters?  When I used the clear chip or the key chip none of the button lights would light up immediately, as soon as I put the base chip in the buttons light up instantly. 

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2016, 12:45:45 PM »
The only thing that will light when you use the key chip will be the two top yellow LEDs on the MPU.
When you replace the SB the game must go through it's entire boot sequence. That means the VFD should start with netplex, then eventually get to waiting for video display no deck lights should be on. The top box will go through it's entire sequence that should change screens a number of times ending with checking for valid CRCs this could take 5-8 minutes. After that the top box should show a key chip configuration button and the service,cash out, spin reels and play max buttons should be light. You need to tell us the steps that are happening or not happening when compared to your FP reel touch.

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2016, 01:20:55 PM »
The difference between the working Frog Prince (no deck lights during boot sequence. They will light up when I insert money)  and the non working Munsters (deck lights come on as soon as I turn the power switch on and they stay on always)  I am calling the bet credit amount, spin reels, cash out lights and number of lines the deck lights. 

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2016, 01:23:34 PM »
Forgot to mention on the Munsters after the boot sequence is complete the upper screen says Call Attendant and the lower display says Closure M Coin In Jam.

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2016, 01:29:51 PM »
Sorry but the boot and display sequence of testing memory ms Verify etc. is almost identical between the working and non working machine.  Only difference I notice is the behavior of the deck lights. 

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2016, 04:56:40 PM »
Deck lights on instantly not good. It is probably door I/O cards (already confirmed good?) Or the wiring in that area. Check for bent pins on cards or where the wire bundles may have been pinched by the door and insulation has been skinned off and possibly shorted together or grounding.

Does the bill validator cycle when it boots up (usually twice)
Should mimic the FP.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2016, 05:16:43 PM »
Does the 6-6-3 display come on at all? (The red LED on the right hand of the display or the VFD display. Both are easy swaps.
Also when checking for pinched wires open the belly glass door and look there.

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2016, 05:46:36 PM »
I swapped both door I/O boards again. Frog prince works Munsters doesn't. Definitely not the I/O boards. Checked wiring everything appears good. MPU boards on both units have 2 upper green lights and 1 flashing Amber.  Tried opening and closing door several times to no avail. All deck lights are still lit. This is driving me crazy. What do I do?

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2016, 06:17:06 PM »
No red LEDs at all. Will look at wires in belly door. Never have looked in there

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2016, 06:42:28 PM »
Looked at wires in belly glass as well. All look good

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal