New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: BB1 reels to video?  (Read 15232 times)

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.
  • NLG
BB1 reels to video?
« on: September 23, 2016, 01:10:25 PM »
I've recently been thinking of converting my BB1 3 reel to video. Is it as straightforward as removing the reels, installing a monitor and then connecting the vga and touch cable that are currently hooked to the little monitor in the door? Would dual screens be worth it? It has a NXT1 512 cpu with 650 processor.
Also, would a 20" Tatung monitor work? It looks like it should fit.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 11:05:38 PM by mr-monoxide »
There are some shady people in this world, stay in the light...

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: BB1 reels to video?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 08:39:36 PM »
A lot of dealers in the earlier days of the bb1 were doing the conversions to video as they were more popular and you could get more for them than the reel games.  The conversion is not that difficult if you get all the right parts.
1.  19" bb1 monitor with harness, brackets and bezel. (Be careful, the original bb1's used 18" monitors and the brackets and bezel were different, so make sure you get a matched set)
2.  You will need a "belly" glass and bracket to replace the area left behind by the old 6.4 inch monitor.  You could also, just leave that monitor unplugged from the backplane, so you don't have to change any of the hardware on the belly door.

When you do the conversion, you will need to move the speaker grill up to the higher position.  You will also need to remove the "offsets" that bring the bose speaker assembly down, so that it will now match the grill on the door.  The bose speaker assembly will be flush against the bottom of the topbox.  On a 3 reel machine, the speakers are about 1 inch below the topbox.

The reel shelf needs to be removed along with the reels.  All the reel window hardware and glass needs to be removed as well in order to fit the lcd monitor there.

a 20" tatung monitor will not fit right, plus the touchscreen firmware is not wms, so it won't work.  It is not an easy conversion, but it is well worth it if you don't already have a video bb1.

Dual screens will require additional mounting hardware and a tsetse flyboard.  Original dual screen bb1 machines have a taller topbox than does a 16" top bb1 reel machine.  I'm assuming your 3 reel machine is not a choptop?  If it is, you will need to source a 16" top if you want to put a second monitor or even do the bb2 conversion.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline mr-monoxide

• mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 10:34:23 PM »
Well that sounds far more involved than I anticipated and will require a bit of planning on my end. Thanks for letting me know what it takes to convert. Would I have any issues with the cpu I currently have if I do switch over to video?

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 07:34:26 AM »
It's the same mpu for video or reels.  You can in fact play video titles on your machine on the 6.4" monitor.  It will obviously look really small though, but it works.  You can unplug power to the reels if you don't want to hear the reels constantly spinning.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 07:56:42 AM »
Ok, that helps me understand and definitely gives me some ideas. Thanks!

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 03:00:15 PM »
2.  You will need a "belly" glass and bracket to replace the area left behind by the old 6.4 inch monitor.

Can anyone provide a part # for the bracket mentioned in the quote above? I've found a few different ones and I'm not 100% on which one I need.

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2016, 12:11:54 AM »
Today I received the 19" monitor I'll be usuing when I convert over to video, it's a kristel lcd18-009. I was looking over the monitor and next to the vga I noticed a dvi port and I'm not sure what is supposed to connect to it. I think it may be for the touchscreen but the touchscreen harness that's in the machine now appears to have a serial connector. How do I make this connection? Is it as simple as using a dvi to vga adapter or do I need a new harness?

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2016, 04:19:49 AM »
The power and touchscreen are one connection.  The DVI is not used on the bb1.  You only use the vga port.  So a total of 2 connections to the monitor.

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2016, 04:30:00 AM »
Ok if the touchscreen harness plugs into the vga port then how do I hook up the vga cable? The only other connection I see looks to be for a power harness, which I apparently still need to get.

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2016, 04:56:51 AM »
Here's a picture of what I'm working with.

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2016, 05:13:29 AM »
Here's a picture of what I'm working with.

It's been awhile since I worked on a BB1 video and I may be wrong but that appears to be a top monitor, no touch screen connection on it.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2016, 05:28:52 AM »
Really? The vendor I bought it from listed it as a 19" lcd for wms bluebird 1 complete with touchscreen and controller". It was supposed to include the bezel and mounting brackets which they did not send and now it may be the wrong monitor too?  :banghead:  Gaaahhh!  :banghead:

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2016, 05:33:06 AM »
kristel lcd18-009 is an 18", not 19".   I just checked the manual for the BB1 and sure enough you have an 18" monitor.  19" is 19-001 according to the manual.  Also, The power and touch screen are together on that white molex on the right side of the back of the monitor.  So 2 connections are required.  The VGA to the VGA port on the CPU and the Touch/Power to the Touch screen connection on the back plane.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 06:06:23 AM by idesign »
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline Slottex

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Slottex New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2016, 06:03:50 AM »
That's the correct monitor for the Bottom.

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2016, 06:20:12 AM »
Ok, I get it now. There touchscreen harness that's currently in my machine has a serial connector that hooks up to the monitor (the 6.2 monitor) not a molex, that's what was throwing me off. Looks like I'll be needing the correct harness, I just need to find out which one. Or is there an adapter?

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2016, 07:24:29 AM »
Just got a little good news, the vendor responded to my email and will be sending the bezel and mounting brackets they forgot to include. Caught a break there thankfully now I just need to track down this harness I need. Anybody got one? I posted an ad already.

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2016, 01:09:42 AM »
Holy Hasenpfeffer! There sure are a whole lot of OS out there for bluebirds. Is there a numerical "cut off" point for OS that are compatible with my cpu? ( i.e. OS up to X.XX will work with a 512 mb NXT1 cpu.) I've seen more games and OS out there than I could possibly imagine and I definitely want to be sure not to have any compatibility issues.

Offline bpracer

• Reputation Power: 50
  • bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2016, 03:43:30 AM »
Holy Hasenpfeffer! There sure are a whole lot of OS out there for bluebirds. Is there a numerical "cut off" point for OS that are compatible with my cpu? ( i.e. OS up to X.XX will work with a 512 mb NXT1 cpu.) I've seen more games and OS out there than I could possibly imagine and I definitely want to be sure not to have any compatibility issues.

The OS is specific to the game you are loading.  There are different OS versions within each game family.

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2016, 04:13:28 AM »
I understand, but how do I know a bb2 game/os from a bb1 game/os if it doesn't specify? Will any non-dongle game work? I've been looking around and a lot of the descriptions simply state what's printed on the cf cards, they do not specify which bluebird they work with. Maybe I'm not quite getting it but I don't want to get a bb2 game/os that won't work with what I've got.

Offline bpracer

• Reputation Power: 50
  • bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2016, 04:21:00 AM »
I understand, but how do I know a bb2 game/os from a bb1 game/os if it doesn't specify? Will any non-dongle game work? I've been looking around and a lot of the descriptions simply state what's printed on the cf cards, they do not specify which bluebird they work with. Maybe I'm not quite getting it but I don't want to get a bb2 game/os that won't work with what I've got.

BB1/NXT-1 will play all SSOS and some of the SSSG games up to 512 MB.  Some of the 512 mb games like Airplane are BB2/NXT-2 only.  Any of the games 1 gb and higher will not play on a BB1.

BB2/NXT-2 will only play on SSSG, it does NOT support any SSOS games.

If you look at the OS families for SSOS you will see a family like G1.3, if your game calls for SSOS-000-1490 it will play on 1490 or newer OS G1.3 software so you are good with 1490, SSOS-14B0, SSOS-14C0, etc.  This is the same with all other families in both SSOS and SSSG.

The OLED button decks are only supported on the H9 and H13 families and only in “newer” versions of the OS.  For this Reason it is a good idea to run H9.26 or H9.27 for the H9 family and H13.35 for the H13 family.

On the H13 family be careful if you run any version newer than H13.35 as some of the software “locks” the OLED button deck software to a newer version of software and this limits the ability to go back to older OS that only supports older deck software.

With that said there is a newer version of OS like H13.471 that will unlock a locked deck. 
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 04:58:13 AM by bpracer »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal