New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: BB1 reels to video?  (Read 15184 times)

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Re: BB1 reels to video?
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2016, 04:35:48 AM »
Ok, I think I've got it now. Thanks so much for the info!
There are some shady people in this world, stay in the light...

Offline mr-monoxide

• mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2016, 01:40:08 PM »
Alright, I think I've got everything I need to do this conversion on the way but I'm now wondering about my button deck. The deck currently installed has 14 buttons including the red hot hot jackpot button but I've noticed that video bb1's do not have that button so I'm concerned. Will everything work okay with the deck I have or will I need to change it out for a 13 button panel?

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 148
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2016, 03:28:57 PM »
Your deck is fine the way it is.  If the game doesn't use the EBB then it ignores the extra button.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2016, 03:41:45 PM »
Excellent, thank you very much!

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2016, 01:23:57 PM »
Dual screens will require additional mounting hardware and a tsetse flyboard.  Original dual screen bb1 machines have a taller topbox than does a 16" top bb1 reel machine.  I'm assuming your 3 reel machine is not a choptop?  If it is, you will need to source a 16" top if you want to put a second monitor or even do the bb2 conversion.

What is a tsetse flyboard and where can I find the one I need?

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2016, 09:14:54 AM »
Still wondering what a tsetse flyboard is. I've looked around for info on it but haven't been able to find much. However I am now an expert on the Tsetse fly. Did you know the Tsetse fly is found in Africa and much like my ex-wife is a bloodsucker?... Anyway, still hoping somebody can fill me in on what a tsetse flyboard is. Thanks

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2016, 09:50:45 AM »
A TseTse flyboard is used on dual screen bb1 games.  It basically runs the top monitor and software for the top graphics and animations.  Here is a photo.  Also used for some games that have special tops, it "fools" the system into thinking it is present.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2016, 10:02:28 AM »
Thanks! The picture helps a lot. I'm asking all this because after searching for bb1 video title software it seems hard to find anything that comes with the matching full size top glass. I thought it would simplify things and open up a lot more options if I had dual monitors. Where would be a good source to find the board and associated parts?

Offline iramack

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2016, 11:03:18 AM »
The Tse-Tse board only provides images on top screen for DUAL SCREEN BB1 titles.  It won't put graphics up top on regular BB1 titles. That is a BB2 function.  So that won't solve your problem with the glass.

There are a dozen or less DUAL SCREEN BB1 titles and all require the Tse board to run them.  It's kind of like a mini cpu and video card that uses a 64 CF card as software specific to each DS game. Feeds video that corresponds with the specific game directly to the top monitor.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2016, 11:33:24 AM »
Yes that helped greatly! And has definitely convinced me not to install a 2nd monitor. I guess I was thinking a bit too "bally" about how it worked. Thanks for clearing that up and saving me a lot of money, time and frustration.

Offline iramack

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2016, 11:37:22 AM »
No Problem.

You will get to BB2 soon enough......................like we all did!!  LOL

Steve

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2016, 11:00:59 PM »
Well it's finally all done and working. After following the instruction and advice given to me in this thread i was able to convert everything over with no problems. The only thing left is to find the correct top glass for it. The chop top glass is all i could find so i just made it work for the time being. Thanks so much for everyone that offered their knowledge and guidance, i couldn't have done it without you.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2016, 11:27:27 PM »
Awesome, if you can't find the bigger top glass, you might have an easier time finding the chop top box, then you can just replace the top box and use the chop top glass you have. It has been my experience that the chop to glass kits are a lot easier to find than the tall glass kits.  The round ones are really hard to find.  I probably have around 30 chop top glass kits, but only like a pair of tall glass kits.

Of course you will need the top you have now when you convert that cabinet to a bb2.  Hey look, what a coincidence that buzzarama is selling an oled panel and a bb2 mpu for a really good price.  :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot:
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2016, 11:47:25 PM »
Yes I saw that he was selling those at a steal but with all my xmas shopping still to do I probably won't be able to take advantage of that unless he still has some available after the first of the year which I would presume is doubtful at that price.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2016, 12:28:23 AM »
Yeah, I'd keep the large top box.  You'll want to convert to a BB2...trust me.  ;)

Congrats on the BB1 build!  Looks great!

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2016, 02:34:58 AM »
Thanks I appreciate it.
I do have one minor question though. The game is using my hot hot jackpot button as a max bet button which I guess is kind of what it was to begin with. I wasn't sure if the game would even utilize it but since it does I would like to get the led's and the button to light up again. As I recall the only thing hooked up to the buttons circuit board was one of those yellow ethernet type cables that connected it directly to the reel control board. All of that's gone now so I'm not so sure how to go about getting the lights in it to work again. Any ideas?

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2016, 07:37:18 AM »
You are going to need some parts to re-enable that button.  That panel is useful for the hot hot super respin games, hot hot penny, and instant winner games.  Since you already have the button panel with the controller board, you only need the hub that provides power to it and the harness to power.  I'm sure you have more than enough spn cables (you only need 2).  Even with all the connections done, the leds will only light up with the games that use the button.  It is controlled by the spn bus.

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2016, 08:06:46 AM »
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I guess I'll leave it like it is for the moment as I have a feeling a oled deck is in the near future.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2016, 08:27:42 AM »
oled decks really only work with the bb2 mpu.  The oled deck using a bb1 mpu is spotty at best and not worth your headache.  Stick with that panel until you upgrade to bb2.

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2016, 08:51:08 AM »
Although I wasn't specific, converting to a bb2 is what I meant when I mentioned the oled deck. It'll be a little while before I finally commit to doing it but I'm sure it'll happen eventually.At the moment though I'm still fascinated by my newly created bb1 video, that should hold me over for a few weeks at least..

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal