New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Newbie needs guidance (WMS Bluebirds)  (Read 2749 times)

Offline mrjinglesusa

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • mrjinglesusa New User has no influence.
Newbie needs guidance (WMS Bluebirds)
« on: December 05, 2016, 08:09:54 AM »
So I've read through every topic in the WMS Video forum and am still confused because there are so many options/upgrades.  I'm thinking of adding a WMS Bluebird slot machine but don't know what I need/want and am looking for some guidance.

First, after looking through lists of Bluebird games, it looks like all the games my wife and I like are Bluebird 1 games:

Reel 'Em In
Super Jackpot Party
Rakin' it In
Village People Party
Gold Fish

And I like Dragon's Realm too. Is that a Bluebird game?

So, it would seem I would just want a BB1 machine and then get all the games I want to play.

BUT, I've read about BB1.5 machines, which appear to be BB1 machines with an NXT2 in them?  Would this be a better option to play the games I want?

Monitors: I think some BB1s have a single 19" monitor and narrow top box (with glass), e.g., Rakin' it In and Village People Party?  But some appear to have dual 19' monitors, e.g., Reel 'em In Big Bass Bucks and others?

Can I play non-dual monitor BB1 games on a dual monitor BB1?

So, my question is this.  If I want to play the games I listed above and I want the "Best", most upgraded WMS machine to do so, what do I look for? 

I'm thinking I should buy a BB1 with dual 19' monitors like Reel 'em In Big Bass Bucks and then buy the other BB1 games I want to play.  Would there be any benefit in upgrading a dual 19' monitor BB1 to a BB1.5?

Thanks in advance - these Bluebirds with all their different configuration/upgrades is really confusing!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 06:48:37 AM by mrjinglesusa »

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Newbie needs guidance (WMS Bluebirds)
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 11:16:52 AM »
Since you only seem interested in the Video platform, here we go:

BB1 - Available as a single and Dual Screen machine. 

The single screen comes with either an 18" (older ones) or a 19" monitor (newer ones).  Both are 4:3 aspect ratio.  Has either a chop top (9") or the 16" top (more desirable if you want to covert to bb2).

The dual screen machine has an mpu attached to the top monitor (AKA TSETSE board) which requires it's separate software to function.  This would be the case for Reel 'em in.  Both monitors are usually 19" 4:3 screens.  Only the lower monitor is touchscreen.  You can play all bb1 games on the dual screen machine.  If you want goldfish, you need to get the configuration with the extra bet button (SPN button panel).

The dual screen machine will be best if you don't want to put any effort into getting things going. It will play all the games you listed including Dragon's Realm.

If you ever want to convert the cabinet to a dual screen bb2 machine, your best bet is to go with the single screen 16"top  machine.  Add a widescreen top monitor with a TSETSE board in order to play bb1 dual screen games.  Then you only have to replace the bottom monitor and buy a bb2 mpu to finish your conversion. The OLED button panel is nice, but it is not required.  This, however, would require you to hunt down a TSETSE board and install a monitor in the top box in order to play the bb1 dual screen games.  But in the end, this will allow you to pretty much play anything and you could even get a BB3 going on it as well.

The BB1 dual screen topbox is taller than the 16" top on the single screen machines, it is possible to install a wide 20" monitor, but the extra spacing makes it look weird.

The dual screen bb1 is easy to convert to a bb1.5.  You replace the bb1 mpu with a bb2 mpu, then run a vga cable to the top monitor while disconnecting the TseTse board from the top monitor.  One of the advantages of running a bb1.5 is that bb2 games that are compatible with the narrow screens will display the top glass graphics on the top monitor, thus keeping your machine looking "factory" if you get a generic WMS belly glass.  You cannot run BB1 games on a bb2 mpu, I believe everything you listed is bb1 only except for Dragon's Realm and bb2 versions of Juper Jackpot Party.  Some BB2 games will work on a BB1 mpu, best bet is to ask here if it is or not. 

The BB1 16" single screen conversion is your best bet, but it requires some doing.  If you just want to plug and play, then the dual screen bb1 is your best bet.  I think for the money difference between a bb1 dual screen and single screen, you can get the parts necessary to 1/2 convert your cabinet for bb2 readiness. It all depends on how much work you want to put into it. 
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline mrjinglesusa

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • mrjinglesusa New User has no influence.
Re: Newbie needs guidance (WMS Bluebirds)
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 11:58:37 AM »
Thanks Rick, that's exactly the information I was looking for.  I don't want to put a lot of work in getting something running and I don't plan on upgrading to a BB2 since there are not any games we are interested in playing that are BB2 (except Dragon's Realm but it sounds like that will play on a BB1 MPU).  I really just want something plug and play for the games I listed, which sounds like a dual 19" BB1 machine with the extra bet button, e.g., Gold Fish dual 19' monitor BB1 machine.

Thanks again - great summary of the differences between BB1 machines available and their potential upgradeability to BB2.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal