New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Replacing Light Bulb in Belly Glass  (Read 8309 times)

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Bally Bill New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Replacing Light Bulb in Belly Glass
« on: February 07, 2017, 10:29:47 PM »

Hello All, Looking for any advise or tips on getting the door plate off to access the bulb on my 742A slot. Thank you

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
Re: Replacing Light Bulb in Belly Glass
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 09:18:06 AM »
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=1809.0

This is pretty standard on all EM and E machines

If you do not have the screws in the picture post a few pictures of the inside of your door if it is a really early 63 or 64 model machine it could have the early belly glass frame very rare I think I have two of them and that's it

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 09:49:19 AM »
Hi Jon, I searched last night for that post and missed it! Let me try removing the 2 screws using the photos in that link and see if I can get that bulb out-Thank you 

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 05:16:29 AM »
How is that light replacement coming

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 09:47:19 AM »
Hi Jon, I thought that I had a bad bulb starter but when I swapped them out I still had no light on top. Yes 2 screws and I carefully removed the glass and frame to access the bulbs, now I will try to find them at the hardware store or maybe a pet shop might have them? Thank you again!

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 10:04:23 AM »
They should not be hard to find most hardware stores including Home Depot carry them I've even found them at Walmart not cheap that way you can usually order online for half the price

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 10:29:48 AM »

once I find them I will buy 3 and replace both while I have the frame open and keep the balance as spares. Thanks again... I have a safety timer issue on the Money honey Kit machine that I will be searching the forum for topics later today.

200 coin payout-machine cuts off during payout but not all the time-plenty of quarters in the hopper-I adjusted the timer to 50 seconds and that cured the cut off issue but now its overpaying but 18 quarters-possible override solenoid adjustment or  maybe cut back on timer by 5 second increments? 

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2017, 10:35:02 AM »
It sounds like you need to adjust the outboard wiper on the hopper that is the one going to the 200 terminal it should be disconnecting off of that terminal with about 20 coins left to pay the actual 200 is taken care of by the carryover circuit what you do is just been the outboard wiper a little bit falls off of that pad a little bit sooner

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2017, 11:26:03 AM »
I buy my light bulbs at 1000bulbs.com.. I can buy bulbs for under $1.50 each..

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2017, 05:06:35 PM »

Wow that is cheap! next time! but I found 2 at Lowes for 8.88 each and ended up changing both because the white point look different with just one installed. Jon here is a picture of the 200 payout and after I manually reset the hopper payout unit and stepped it 200 times by hand.

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2017, 05:22:55 PM »
Okay I see two different pictures is the top one after it pays 200 or is the bottom one after it pays 200 do you have the timer set we're it go,s over 200 plus if the machine if the machine cows to 200 where does it stop set a 200 coin payout let it pay out your 218 and show me where it stops please

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2017, 05:28:44 PM »
top picture is when it hits 200 and over pays the 18 coins,2nd picture is me resetting the hopper and stepping the unit by hand 200 times. Timer changed from 35 seconds to 50 seconds to stop the machine from cutting off during the 200 payout.

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2017, 05:34:05 PM »
On the top picture is the safety timer shutting the machine down

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2017, 05:38:42 PM »
no only when it was set to 35 seconds it would shut off-now set to 50 and now overpays. I tried 40 and 45 seconds and it still overpays but does not shut the machine off.

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2017, 05:42:21 PM »
Set it back to 50 seconds take a picture of where it stops I'm thinking it's not stepping up properly for each coin it may be a hair out of adjustment or the hundred tooth gear may have a little wearing it

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2017, 05:51:46 PM »
ok reset back to 50 seconds and finger is in another position?

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2017, 06:02:42 PM »
Did the timer time out there

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2017, 07:02:27 PM »
no only at 35 seconds, just the overpay of 18 coins

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2017, 10:30:06 AM »
Billy,
The hopper should shut off when the contacts leave the 200 metal strip.
What happens if you set up a 50 payout?

There is not a 200 metal strip someplace else on the step up board?
I'm not quite grasping how the 200 is working with one contact on the metal strip.

Offline jimliner

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • jimliner New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2017, 04:09:54 PM »
I think the top wiper is for 50 and the bottom wiper is 200.  Both wouldn't be hot at the same time?

It looks like the wipers are stopping at 18 and sounds like its paying 18 + however many times the disc wipers have completed a rev 100/per rev.

I would check top outboard 50 wiper 1st.  Set up a 50 pay, top wiper should leave 50 tab between 40-45 coins paid.  Adjust if needed. 

Then check 200.    Set up 200 pay.  Pay disc wipers should make 2 rev's and be ~ 6:00 position when done.  200 outboard wiper should leave 200 tab ~ 170-180 coins, around the 7-8:00 position on pay disc.   CO finishes pay after out wipers leave their tabs. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal