New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 1983 Reno Hilton 742-A dollar machine winner lite  (Read 3671 times)

Offline Lt Teddy

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Lt Teddy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
1983 Reno Hilton 742-A dollar machine winner lite
« on: April 22, 2017, 06:49:13 AM »
I just recently bought a 1983 742-A dollar slot machine. It pays 50 - 20 - 10 - 3 dollars perfectly.

My problem is that after paying out correctly all of the time, suddenly when you add a coin the winner lite stays on and it does not pay until it goes off . It takes a lot of pulls and then their is a click and the light goes off.  Sometimes when the three oranges come up with the light on it all of a sudden pays seven and then the light goes off on the next pull. Sometimes not and I just play it till the light goes off and then it starts playing correctly. I checked the points by the handle and they needed cleaning and it worked well for a few payouts and then the light came back on.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: 1983 Reno Hilton 742-A dollar machine winner lite
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 03:40:07 PM »
On the coin hopper in the bottom of the machine there is a unit attached to it. Payout step up unit.
Look on the opposite side of the big round spiral cam. If the contacts don't open the light will stay on.
To test you can put a piece of paper in between the contacts to see if it makes a difference with the light.
There is a reset coil and the contacts associated with it control part of the winner paid lite.
Also the reset coil releases the cam back to the starting position for the next play.
This would be a good time to see if it moves freely back to the stop. This mechanism can be manually advanced and reset out of the machine.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 05:04:08 PM »
David, mostly correct. Please note, that when you push the reset pawl (pic 2), the assembly does not latch out nor does the WPaid lite go out.
The problem here is most likely dirty or misadjusted 'O' switch. When they lose tension, they tend to not close fully.
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline Lt Teddy

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 07:12:02 PM »
So where is the o switch and where would I get a new switch?  Thanks for the input.

Their was a switch next to the handle that had a burr and was dirty.

After I cleaned that one it works a lot better.

Still leaves the winner light on once and awhile but if you hold the handle for a second after pulling it goes out.

Thanks for the input. Any help is appreciated. Don

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 08:41:00 PM »
The bottom photo in my first posting. There is a note in red print indicating the cam stop or zero switch.
Check to see if the contacts are clean and open when the cam is in the reset position.

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Bally Bill New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 09:44:16 PM »
yes no need to replace the zero switch, it just needs to be clean and adjusted properly.

Offline Lt Teddy

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 07:08:58 PM »
Ok. I  do not know what I need todo.
I play the machine until it pays. Then the winner paid lite comes on and quits paying because the winner paid lite is on.
I open the machine and bring out the unit and the points shown are open. I touch what looks like the rocker arm to the right of the points and it drops down. Put the unit back into the machine and it will pay and play right. When I turn it back on again it will pay the first time and the light still stays on????
I can also unlock the door and bump it closed and it starts working right.
I do not know a lot so I would appreciate exacting directions. I know I am close but no cigar. Thank you in advance and if you know anybody in Walla Walla that could help me let me know.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 08:41:57 PM »
You might adjust your B switch to stay closed longer. It is the only horizontal switch on left side. Of your reel mech. This will give the hopper longer time to reset.

Offline Lt Teddy

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 07:04:25 AM »
So where is the b switch.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 09:52:40 AM »
It is the only horizontal switch on the left side of your reel mech...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 10:27:53 AM »
See photo attachment.

Offline Lt Teddy

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 01:36:42 PM »
Thank you all for your input. If you have not figured it out I am in over my head. I found a man who works on pinballs and he is coming over this weekend to help. I really appreciate the help.

I kind of think my b switch is ok as once it starts paying it is good to go till you stop. It pays and pays perfectly.

I think it is the O switch but am not sure I can adjust it right. Don

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2017, 02:23:19 PM »
The B switch makes the hopper reset, after a pay on the next handle pull. That's all it does. Try to download the bally manual, it will give a lot of help.  I think someone here has an active link to it...it will explain a lit and ID a lot os switches for you.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2017, 02:26:20 PM »
The B sw and zero sw are the ONLY 2 sws in the hopper reset circuit. They both work together. If the B does not stay closed long enough, the hopper may not reset completely. Always look at the payboard fingers after a mispay.

Offline Lt Teddy

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2017, 04:09:33 PM »
No mispays

Just winner paid lite stays on.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 07:27:46 PM »
Win paid lite switch is on back (inside) of payboard assy, and is opened by linkage operated by payboard reset solenoid. Drop down payboard you will see it.

Offline Lt Teddy

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2017, 08:30:35 PM »
Could you show a picture? 

I really have no idea.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2017, 06:09:34 AM »
In the first reply of this posting are 3 photos, the top one is the winner paid switch.
It's possible these contacts are not opening which in turn cause the winner light to stay on.
Either or the contacts need to be adjusted and the mechanism needs some lubricant.

The others all part of the same unit.

Offline Lt Teddy

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2017, 11:57:03 AM »
I took a picture

Offline Lt Teddy

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2017, 12:14:32 PM »
In this post I hope the picture is upright but if not here goes. I took the unit out and took a picture of the machine with the winner paid light on when it should be off. I looked at the picture and it was a little blurry but before I could take another picture their was a clic and the triangle piece had dropped down.
When I put it back in the machine it played perfectly

My question? I note a lot of places including the two screws to adjust the up and down of the screw behind. What should I be trying to adjust. The screw going up and down or one of the points or ?.......

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal