New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: How to make and use Jumper Wires, part 1  (Read 13801 times)

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
How to make and use Jumper Wires, part 1
« on: October 25, 2014, 06:31:00 PM »

Now that I've made a stout cup of coffee, and added a shot of homemade absinthe, here's what I can tell you about making and using jumpers on your Bally.
You need two pieces of insulated wire, any standard gauge like as used in your slot machine.  You can go heavier or lighter gauge.
You need to put alligator clips on both ends of both jumper wires.  Solder them nicely, and use heat shrink on the bare metal parts. Or not.
They can be anywhere between two and three foot long, or longer if you wish.
You can put an in line fuse into one or both sides of your set of two, but if you don't you have the machine's fuses as backup. I don't bother with an inline fuse.
It would not hurt to make one of your jumpers from a yellow colored wire.  But you don't have to, although I HIGHLY recommend you do make your two jumpers from two different colored wires to avoid confusion.
White and black work fine, or yellow and black, so that's what we'll pretend we have.

The 3 colors of wires on the machine that we are concerned with testing are the Yellow(30), the Blue(20), and the Orange(70) wires.
These 3 are all solid color wires without any traces on them.
You will find all 3 of these wires in the cabinet, on the door, in the hopper, in the reels, and in the top unit.
An orange on the door is the same wire as an orange in the top unit.  etc. etc. etc.
A blue on the door is the same wire as a blue...blah blah blah, you get it.
And a yellow works the same way.  Make sure it is a solid wire with no trace.

To check a winner paid light on the door --
Clip your yellow jumper wire onto a solid yellow wire.  You can find this on the transformer behind the hopper, or more easily, look for a yellow wire on the coin in switch on the door.  It's the same wire, but the coin switch is easier to clip onto. Now, carefully touch the other side of your jumper onto the NON-Blue side of your winner paid light socket.  You do NOT want to touch the blue wire side of the bulb, because that is a direct short and you will blow out your 6V fuse.
If your bulb is good, and the filament intact, you should see the light light up.  You can also check the coin accepted light this way.  Just touch your yellow jumper onto the NON Blue side of the coin accept light.

You can also check all your lights in the top unit the same way, except that you will have to run a jumper from the blue 6V source in addition to using your yellow jumper wire.  Pull your top unit, and note where the blue 6V wire is wired onto the beau plug.  Now using a small pocket screwdriver, push it into the female side of the plug and clip onto it (your top unit is removed, right?) or you can run the jumper from the transformer, or from a working light on the door assembly. It doesn't matter where you get the blue wire from, but you must clip it onto a blue wire on a bulb in the top unit. (All bulbs in top unit share this blue wire.)  Now, with that wired, run your other jumper from a solid yellow, and touch the other side of it to the NON-Blue wire of the bulb you are testing in the top unit.  You can test all your top unit bulbs this way.
There is no reason to ever pull out a bulb to see if it is blown, when you can do this very simple and very fast test.  If you have long enough jumpers, you can just set the top unit on the top of machine, or on the bench next to you, and clip your wires onto the door 20 wire and door 30 wires.  You can even check the line lights through your odds unit disc if you trace out the wiring, but that's for later.

Now that my coffee cup is empty, it's probably time to post this before I get lost in space.
Next time we'll talk about testing all your 50 volt coils with these two jumper wires, both in and out of the machine.  Yes, you can check all functions of your Bally without having to have the sub units plugged in to the machine, or without needing several sets of custom made jumper cables.
I have made many sets of jumper cables, 30 pinners for hoppers, and 18 and 24 pin ones, and it does take a good deal of time and energy to do that.  I applaud all of you who do, and admire your tenacity, and obviously your soldering skills.
But 2 jumper wires will be pretty much all you need to use for most repair purposes.
reno.
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • Lee Pfeifer New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: How to make and use Jumper Wires, part 1
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 09:53:56 PM »
Tell me more about testing with these two jumper wires ?

Offline Tsanders266

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Tsanders266 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: How to make and use Jumper Wires, part 1
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2021, 01:42:58 PM »
Can you tell me more about jumpers,  the line lights through the odds unit

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal