New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally E2278-13 Throwing Random Error Codes on power on  (Read 3101 times)

Offline pilotkid2016

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • pilotkid2016 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • Suitboyapps
Bally E2278-13 Throwing Random Error Codes on power on
« on: February 06, 2017, 06:09:47 PM »
Hello all, I have a Bally E2278-13 that I have had since the early 90's. I have had very few problems with this machine except for now. About 2 years ago I had to replace the PSU board because the machine would not power on and I couldn't get voltage anywhere. I replaced the PSU, and ever since then I have not been able to play a game. I have tested the voltages on the boards and I have been unable to find any problem voltages. Everything is within range.

I have replaced every fuse and relay inside of the machine and yet it is still giving me hell. I have tried changing the dip switches on the MPU board to no avail. Regardless of the position of the number 8 switch I still have problems. Every time I power on the machine I get a different error code that I cannot find within my manual.

I have gotten the following error codes, non of which are inside of the manual that was given to me when I initially purchased the machine:
6_..7.
0...0. (most common)
_...0.
0...3.(top half of an 8 )
1...1(top half of an 8 )

Previously when I attempted to attach pictures I got an error code from PHP and had to retype this post.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 07:33:26 PM by pilotkid2016 »

Offline pilotkid2016

• NLG
    • Suitboyapps
Re: Bally E2278-13 Errors
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 06:14:07 PM »

Photographed are most of the error codes. I believe I only missed taking a photo of the `......`error.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 166
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Bally E2278-13 Throwing Random Error Codes on power on
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 09:35:54 PM »
Weak power supply and the harness connector is failing most likely. Replace the PS and connector. NLG members have them on Ebay.

Offline pilotkid2016

• NLG
    • Suitboyapps
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 09:40:47 PM »
I have a spare PS I will try. What should I look for on ebay for the connector?

Offline pilotkid2016

• NLG
    • Suitboyapps
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 09:53:34 PM »
I have tried the new power supply board. The machine is doing some new things. Now on power on, The lever releases immediately, and  I am getting new error codes such as: 0...31 and 0...0. and 0...1. I have attached a video to help explain the issue: https://youtu.be/xOmaatlO2oI

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 12:11:52 AM »
This could be a low voltage detect circuit that is defective.
You can bypass this circuit to see if it is the problem.
On the MPU board remove resistor R40, on the IC CA8031 near it solder a jumper from pin 13 to pin 5 (ground).
See if that helps.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline pilotkid2016

• NLG
    • Suitboyapps
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 05:11:09 PM »
Hello! I removed one of the leads for the resistor and soldered a jumper wire between pin 5 and pin 13 of the CA8031 IC. It did not change anything. Here is the video of what it is doing now (Please let me warn you I am not a videographer so the quality is pretty poor) : https://youtu.be/P8gXYvzn33Q

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 05:59:30 PM »
Your MPU is confused. It is trying to come up but there is something missing in the software.
It could be a bad pin or socket on one of the memory chips. Try re-seating all of the socketed chips.
Pull each one out, clean the legs with a pink eraser them re-install them.

Worse case you can call Larry (702-363-9998) and have the boards sent to our shop for testing and repair.
We have a complete Bally E series tester and any parts necessary for repair.

If you decide to do this I would recommend sending the MPU board, the I/O board, and the power supply for starters.
Then we can discuss any mechanical issues you may encounter afterwards.

Offline pilotkid2016

• NLG
    • Suitboyapps
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2017, 03:20:59 PM »
Hello all, I have reseated cleaned every pin on every IC. It is still throwing errors at this point. Currently the Low Voltage Detection circuit is still bypassed. I once again took a video of the errors it is throwing on power on. Now that I have reseated all the IC's I took another video of it during power on: https://youtu.be/GpjJoP2u6uQ

I have attempted to get in contact with Larry, twice now. I have left him two voicemails with no response. I am not sure if he is not returning my calls because I am a younger person and he is not taking my calls seriously. (I am 18, so I am not sure if he doesn't want to work with me because of that.) Or maybe he is too busy to accept my project right now. Either way, is there someone else I should call if I do not hear back from Larry by the end of the week?

Thank you everybody for your help,
Pilotkid2016

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2017, 05:27:45 PM »
Larry is off visiting relatives. Calm down. I will be back in the shop on Monday and will be wading through all of the phone messages.

Offline pilotkid2016

• NLG
    • Suitboyapps
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2017, 05:30:53 PM »
Awesome! I was worried for a second :) Thanks for all of your help BaudBaud.

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2017, 10:19:58 PM »
I got through returning about 40 calls today and still have about 60 to finish up.
Could you PM me your name and phone number to shorten your wait?

Offline pilotkid2016

• NLG
    • Suitboyapps
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2017, 10:39:37 PM »
I sent my boards to BaudBaud and within 2 weeks I had the boards back and in my machine working perfectly. Klar electronics did a fantastic job and provided excellent tech support.

Thanks again BadBaud!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal