New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Odyssey start up problem  (Read 4306 times)

Offline vette6048

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • vette6048 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Odyssey start up problem
« on: June 12, 2016, 07:14:13 AM »
Just purchased my second Odyssey machine. My first Odyssey I have had for four years and it is still running strong. This Odyssey sat for some years and to be honest its a nicer looking machine then my working one. The problem with this one is when I power up I only get 4 lights on my main board, but if I turn it off and on quickly I get my 7 lights on the board which is normal but I can not get past the 0000 reading on the door. I have extra boards for my Odyssey but any help would or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Robert Winters site mentions nothing about the 0000 problem. If I can't get it going no problem I will just part it out. I purchased it for next to nothing so no great lost here.

Offline gkfan

• Reputation Power: 2
  • gkfan New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Odyssey start up problem
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 10:37:57 AM »
Did you get this problem resolved?  If not make sure the Psycho Board switched are all set correctly.  Make sure you do a "full" reset not just a "partial" reset.  I had this problem in the past and it was a switch in the wrong direction problem.  When the hard drives start wearing out they may take a few power downs and restarts to read the boot info. Might want to use a hard drive you know works when testing the switches.

Wayne

Offline vette6048

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 02:11:49 PM »
I got it resolved. I installed a new battery on the board and the machine is working fine.

Offline vette6048

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 02:15:17 PM »
I see Worldwide gaming just sold a Odyssey yesterday on Ebay for around $390.00 Machine powers up perfectly. It had a touch screen problem but I am sure it is a easy fix. In my opinion somebody got a nice Odyssey!!

Offline gkfan

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 07:39:08 AM »
I saw that machine when it first was posted.  I have a couple backup touchscreen controllers but didn't need a third Odyssey.  Takes about 20 minutes to replace the controllers.  If the actual glass touchscreen overlay is cracked or badly damaged then the new owner will have a very difficult job locating one.  My first machine was purchased in 2007 and is still working fine. 

Wayne

Offline vette6048

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 01:24:34 PM »
I have had my Odyssey for about 5 years now and its still holding up fine. I just purchased another Odyssey for $400.00 and it needed a new battery and its working fine. As bad as I wanted that Odyssey on Ebay I feel like you do. Just don't need another Odyssey nor do I have the room. Still great machine to have in my opinion. I have a bunch of extra parts so I should be ok with the two.

Offline robertwinter

• Reputation Power: 0
  • robertwinter New User has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2016, 08:19:30 PM »
Guess who bought that Odyssey?   :wave:

Touch screen and controller were fine.  GPIO was bad.  Luckily I have spares of just about everything.

I got everything working except the handle won't unlock, even from within MMS.  Anyone ever seen that problem before?

Offline gkfan

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2016, 06:27:10 AM »
The first repair I ever did on my original Odyssey was a stuck pull arm.  I had laid the machine on its back to remove it from a truck bed.  The arm was frozen in the locked position when the machine was set back up.

Remove the arm mechanism from the machine if I remember it was rather straight forward and I did not take much apart to get the mechanism out.  There are a one or two plugs to disconnect I used the manual posted on your site to review the removal process.  There is a metal arm that had fallen back and jammed the mechanism when the machine was on its back.  Once I got it freed and the arm mechanism oriented correctly every thing worked again.  Just look over the mechanism and imagine how it works, it was obvious that the metal arm should have been moving freely.

As you know there is a solenoid that locks the arm when no bet as been made and that solenoid can be tested in the diagnostics screen of the MMS.

Let me know if you need anything else.  All of us Odyssey owners owe you a great deal and I was happy to help you for a change.

Wayne

Offline robertwinter

• Reputation Power: 0
  • robertwinter New User has no influence.
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2016, 07:28:32 AM »
Thanks for the feedback.

I don't think it's a mechanical issue.  I don't hear the solenoid firing at all.  Normally you can hear the "tick" of the solenoid when you test it in MMS or insert a coin.

My next step will be to remove the handle assembly and test the solenoid separately.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal