New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Ultra Power supply need help jumping the noise filter  (Read 2803 times)

Offline danatlvc

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Ultra Power supply need help jumping the noise filter
« on: September 01, 2016, 09:56:55 AM »
This PS is out of an Ultra that I have another topic on. The machine has a loud buzz humm coming out of the speaker & most always it"s the noise filter & usually goes away when the filter is removed or at least with my red dot power supplies. This power supply in this machine is diiferent & the noise filter is soldered on a board unllike the easy cutting of the 2 wire & eliminating the noise filter on a red or green dot PS. I took the board out to jump the noise filter solder joints, but there are 5 connection not 2 on each side like the ones for the older PS. My question is how do I jump the traces to elimate the filter? There is 1 2 & straight across are 3 & 4 which I assume you jump staright across. My issue is there is a fifth solder for LOAD inbetween 3 & 4 & I don't know which point to attach it to correctly to eliminate the filter & I want to do it correctly without taking any chances messing the PS up? Any help would be appreciated
Thanks,
Dan
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 02:49:34 PM by danatlvc »

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 134
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Ultra Power supply need help jumping the noise filter
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 04:26:46 PM »
That is NOT an Ultra Series power supply! At least not from the U.S.

Looks like a poker power supply or maybe overseas 240v power supply??

I'll check it out.

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 04:29:51 PM »
If you have a lot of noise then maybe the filter caps need to be replaced.
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline danatlvc

• danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 07:11:35 PM »
This machine is making the exact same Humm that the red & green dot PS cause that I've had and removing the noise filter always seems to work and is the easiest for a 1st step. I just don't understand the 5th  joint for the load on this filter to bypass it. Hopefully someone will know

Offline danatlvc

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 10:15:24 AM »
Here are pics of the power supply inner & out & also a pic of the filter showing the 5 point connection diagram on the label. Need to know what to connect the 5th connection to LOAD when I remove the filter?
Thanks

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 134
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 06:52:46 PM »
I have one of those little PS boards. (BUZZ gave it to me!)
Looks like left side is LINE #1 & #2, right side is LOAD #3 & #4, and the middle right looks like a ground with a ground symbol.   

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal