New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Fortune II error - how do I reset it?  (Read 7493 times)

Offline lhill

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • lhill New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT Fortune II error - how do I reset it?
« on: April 13, 2017, 11:00:59 AM »
Hi all.
After replacing a dead battery I get a idle screen, but call attendant error. I have tried the reset button thing for about 8 seconds, closed the door and turned the key once to the right. The screen does not change so I have ordered a PE-CLR set and hope that fixes this. It used to work, but was turned off for over 1 year so the battery was dead dead. One other problem has reared it's ugly head. When I drop in a quarter nothing happens. No sound of a coin dropping or any sounds. Any ideas while I am waiting for the PE-CLR chip?

Thanks

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: IGT Fortune II error - how do I reset it?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 12:24:54 PM »
With the error message "call attendant" I don't think you can insert a coin and have it get accepted. Did the mpu board have any battery leakage on it from the old battery? Did you try removing the mpu again and reinserting it? After holding the Test pushbutton for 10 seconds maybe you can try turning the reset key several times?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 12:50:52 PM »
try this, turn off the power,  now hold the test button in and turn on the power until you hear a "ding".   then see what happens.

your machine will not accept coins or do anything until your clear the error message.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline lhill

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 01:21:20 PM »
Tried that several times. No ding. This is a 2 board machine so I don't know if it needs a different approach. From what I have been reading I think the PE-CLR goes into u67. Does that sound right?
Thanks

Offline lhill

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 01:24:21 PM »
I forgot to say no battery leakage and I did reseat the mpu board. I guess I will have to wait until the PE-CLR comes and see what that does.
Thanks Guys.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 02:02:32 PM »
Tried that several times. No ding. This is a 2 board machine so I don't know if it needs a different approach. From what I have been reading I think the PE-CLR goes into u67. Does that sound right?
Thanks

What is this other board? Can you post a photo of your machine?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 02:20:40 PM »
two board machine, you probably have a fortune 2 machine, which has a different clear procedure, no use offering any information until we know what kind of machine you have.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline lhill

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2017, 02:57:21 PM »
Here are some pictures. Sorry for some being blurry, but I was limited to the distance away I could get. The board that I took out is the top board with the battery on it on the left side on a piggyback board that unplugs. The other board was very tight so I left it in. As you can see it has a million power transistors on the right side. Probably drivers. Hope this helps you guys to id this machine and get be headed in the right direction.
Thanks again.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2017, 03:56:49 PM »
There is a small switch on the board with the battery.. That is used to a CMOS clear, BUT I don't remember the correct procedure.. You don't need any special clear chips for your Fortune II machine..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2017, 04:07:28 PM »
Try Reading this posting on the old sight...

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=273.0
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2017, 11:39:31 PM »
Looks like a Fortune II to me.  I'm moving it to that section and changing the title of the thread.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2017, 05:21:09 AM »
Looks like a Fortune II to me.  I'm moving it to that section and changing the title of the thread.

I guess someone changed out the glass, that would make most people looking at it believe it is a PE. Maybe the idplate would be more clear about the model.

Here is what they say about clearing the CMOS memory. My guess is that the battery will need to be good for this ram clearing process to work.

Offline lhill

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2017, 08:53:14 AM »
Thanks for the info. Where is section 4 of what manual? I have a PE manual, but there is no operational setup in the manual.
Thanks

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2017, 07:40:57 PM »

lhill,

Check your PM. I have sent you info on a manual.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2017, 08:31:39 PM »
Thanks for the info. Where is section 4 of what manual? I have a PE manual, but there is no operational setup in the manual.
Thanks

I don't think the "PE" manual will do you much good, your machine is believed to be a Fortune II. That is a different animal. Even though your machine top glass says "Players Edge" someone could have changed it in the past. As far as I know the PE and PE+ machines only had one large circuit board, and it looks different from your boards. So you probably need a Fortune II manual.

Also, when you replaced the dead battery was the one you installed the same voltage spec as the dead one? From your photo it looks like the new one may be a 3.6 volt battery and I thought the Fortune II old battery would be a 4.5 volt? But maybe my thinking isn't clear about this, or maybe it doesn't matter.

The photo of the board still in the machine, with all the transistors, it actually looks like there are 2 separate boards in there next to each other, both plugged into a backplane/motherboard.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2017, 11:17:47 PM »
After replacing the battery you must press the CURSOR button near the power switch to initialize the game.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline lhill

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2017, 09:30:03 AM »
Thanks guys. I replaced the battery with the same brand and voltage as the one I took out. Thanks for the manual. I will try what I have been told to do from you guys as soon as I can my wife well. She has the stomach flu and requires a lot of TLC. I will let you know what happens when I can get back to it.

Offline lhill

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2017, 05:51:14 PM »
Thanks to all that helped me. I am now back up and playing. It has been a great experience working with people that know what is going on for the rest of us.
Thank all of you for the guidance and patience.

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2017, 06:13:17 PM »
 Congrats on your repair success!  :cool_thumb_up:  Now, the fun part is remembering what to do when it happens again.  :yes:

Offline lhill

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2017, 07:15:49 PM »
No problem. I am always writing stuff down. I made comments on the pages in the manual so if it happens again I will know what to do. The only problem is that the next time it will be something else wrong.
Have a god Easter.
Thanks again.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal